[3.6] The Broken Build | 40s Soul Eater & 80s Headhunter Buffs | TS Game Breaking 200M+ DPS 1000% MS

[3.6] The Broken Build | 40s Soul Eater & 80s Headhunter Buffs | Tornado Shot 200M+ DPS 1000%+ MS | 10k+ Life 100k+ ES

Note: This build has not been fully optimized as I don't have time to do so. I also made some small untested changes to the tree and removed Watcher's Eye, but the build should be the same or better at a lower cost.

I quit PoE, so I won't be making any updates or changes to my builds. If you manage to update or improve any of them, please share it in the build thread or PM me so others can benefit! I will link it in the OP too.

This guide is not for players completely new to Path of Exile. Some knowledge and experience is required.

Screenshots:
Full Build
Broken DPS -21,474,836.00 (info about this number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,147,483,647#In_computing). Estimated DPS 25M+ with 11 arrows.

Five seconds later 18M DPS

Movement Speed 1441%

More
Spoiler
Typical results

Budget Build
Spoiler

Video (same idea, but old way of making it and different skill):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INaCQ-mLy0I
From: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2170998/

Cost in League excluding gems (As of 19.03.30): 37-83ex (1+2+0.5+4+0.5+0.5+8+2.5+2*2+50+2+0.5+0+2.5*3)
Most of the cost comes from the Headhunter, but the build will work without it (build cost 33ex). I have tested a T16 beyond map to confirm.

Clear Speed:
Average to Broken Fast
Depends on the map layout and what buffs you have. Note: Must be played solo or as carry to get buffs.

Survivability:
Everything dies instantly and automaticlly with Mirage Archer when you have your buffs, so most of the time there will be nothing to deal damage to you.
The only time you could die is before you get life, ES, and damage buffs, or while amulet swapping (see mechanics section). With Temporal Chains, and easy 10k+ EHP, you should rarely die.
Without any HH buffs, the build has about 4.7k life, and 30% dodge.
This build is not, and can not be curse immune. But as mentioned earlier, you should rarely die.
From Kaoms's Roots, you have Unwavering Stance, and Cannot be Slowed Below Base Speed. This means you're unaffected by stun, chill, freeze, and most importantly temp chains.
The build can chill and freeze enemies, but it's hard to tell with how fast they die.

Single Target:
Bosses die instantly in maps, others untested.

Path of Building Code
Guide to using PoB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLpKZVNTOo8
PoB Code: https://pastebin.com/gDyZQpFK
Select the appropriate tree and item set

Based on my character "ThrowAwayRanger"

Notes From PoB
Note: This guide does not cover all possible ways to play The Broken Build. But once you understand the mechanics, you'll be able to make this build work with any skill and class you want.

Build Mechanics:
Essentials Items: Solstice Vigil, Zerphi's Heart, Shackles of the Wretched with Temporal Chains + Curse on Hit links inside, Kaoms's Roots, ~43% total Temporal Chains Curse Effect (Helm Enchant helps), 3 Inspired Learning jewels

-The build gets its power from rare monsters you kill and gain mods from, and from souls you gather for Soul Eater. You gain mods from rare monster with both Inspired Learning and Headhunter. Soul Eater is gained reliably from Zerphi's Heart by using a Vaal Skill. The duration of the mods and Soul Eater are 20s and 10s repectively. See "Map Choice" for more info on Soul Eater mechanics.
-To increase this duration and thus the power your build, you reflect Temporal Chains to yourself through Curse on Hit linked in Shackles of the Wretched. The buffs' duration is further increased by having increased Temporal Chains curse effect, or generic curse effect.
-Because it requires a lot of investment in curse effect to get enough Temporal Chains effect to cap effects expire slower on you at 75% (150% curse effect?), this build uses Shaper's presence from Solstice Vigil to cap effects expire slower on you with only ~43% Temporal Chains curse effect. This allows you to build your tree and choose your gear freely as you can reach 41% curse effect with just a helmet enchant and 23% quality Curse on Hit. 45% can be reached with Conqueror's Potency or other means. It is also possible to use Coward's Legacy instead of any curse effect (untested). The 75% slower expiration of effects on you multiplies the duration of effects on you by 4.0 times, which makes Soul Eater last 40s, and Headhunter last 80s.
-If your build is not able to curse hexproof enemies, then you'll have to avoid those maps. As Occultist, this isn't an issue.
-Since you will be constantly cursed with Temporal Chains which would normally slow your character, Kaom's Roots are used to negate that.
-To maintain the very high mana cost while attacking 25 times/s (925 mana/s), Vaal Clarity is used. No other Vaal Skills are used or recommended as they will take souls that you would normally gain for Soul Eater. Note: Soul Ripper can be used to 100% reliably sustain Vaal Clarity, but it's not needed.
-Zerphi's Heart's 50% increased attribute requirements do not need to be considered at all except for in the item where Vaal Clarity is linked. Even if every other item becomes unusable when your equip it, you can still gain Soul Eater with Vaal Clarity, then re-equip Solstice Vigil. So I recommend putting your auras with Vaal Clarity if they are still useable. Note: The tree I used in this build has more attributes than needed for Headhunter, but It can use any other belt. If you have a Headhunter, you can save some points on the tree.

Note on rare monster mods:
Rare monsters have three affixes, one of which may be an aura. Based on weightings, it looks like you get 1 Aura (P) and 1P1S. I made that assumption with the modified Solstice Vigil.

How to Play:
1. Run a Beyond Map, Nemesis map, or any map with pack size if those aren't available.
2. Freeze and kill monsters so your Herald of Ice procs and curses on hit enemies with Temporal Chains which is then reflected back to you.
3. Kill a rare monster to gain Shaper's Presence
4. Fill Vaal Clarity Souls
IMPORTANT: You may accidently drop your Zerphis's Heart while doing step 5. This has happened to me many times. But with practice, you can do it in 3s without making mistakes. Practice in a safe place. However, I am not responsible for lost or stolen amulets.
5. While 2-4 are active and you're in a safe spot,
--A. Open your inventory
--B. Pickup Zerphi's Heart and equip it in the amulet slot
--C. Use Vaal Clarity
--D. Click the amulet slot again to equip Solstice Vigil
--E. Move Zerphi's Heart out of your inventory and re-activate Temporal Chains. Sometimes you can re-activate without moving Zerphi's out. Closing and re-opening your inventory also works, and so does doing step F first.
F. Place Zerphis heart back in your inventory
6. Kill things as fast as possible while being near them to gain souls.
7. When your Vaal Clarity runs out after 38s, repeat steps 2-5

Map Choice:
This build seems to work best in maps with a lot of monster density and a short range of sight like Toxic Sewer or Lair. The density + short range of sight means nearly all your kills will be within Soul Eater range. This allows you to gain souls from every monster you kill.

Map Mods and Sextants to avoid:
Map: Elemental Reflect. Physical Reflect (unless you convert most physical damage). No Leech can be challenging, but doable with Cinderswallow.
Sextant: 60% reduced effect of curses on players (unless you have 103% curse effect on you)

Pantheon
Anything except Brine King.
I use Major Soul of Solaris and Minor Soul of Tukohama or Ralakesh.

Leveling
Level as anything else to at least 91, then respec to tree 2b and continue with tree 2a.
Here are my bow builds that you can use to level: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115434

Gem Options
Bow/Body Tornado Shot: Pick any gems you want depending on whether you want more DPS at the start of maps, or when you have buffs. Take off the amulet to see the rough DPS at the start of maps.
Bow/Body (Temporal Chains + Frenzy + Aura): Depending on what colors you manage to get, you can put Vaal Clarity or Hatred here. Frenzy is optional, but useful at the start of maps.
Gloves Herald of Ice Curse on Hit: This must go in the gloves to reflect Temporal Chains. Increased Crit Strike support reccomended as it will allow your HoI to hit 100% crit chance with HH buffs, and over 1000% crit multiplier.
Helmet Blink Arrow + Aura: Put Hatred or Vaal Clarity in the helmet.

Gear Options
Change the item set based on your budget.
All of the items in the Build Mechanics section labelled "Essential Items" are required.
Weapon: Physical damage scales best with Headhunter, so choose any high pdps bow you want.
Quiver: Any +1 chain quiver you want.
Helmet: Any helmet with a useful enchant, high intelligence, life, resists, evasion.
Body Armour: Any body armour will work. I chose Queen of the Forest for maximum movement speed at the start of maps, and for life and resists.
Gloves: +1 Frenzy implicit gives the most DPS. Otherwise you can use enfeeble or elemental weakness on hit with a +1 curse amulet.
Amulet: +1 curse Solstice with curse on hit gloves is probably best.
Rings: The Taming probably best.
Belt: Headhunter, or Coward's Legacy reccomended. But with enough curse effect, you can use any belt you want (ie. Bisco's Leash).
Flasks: Get ignite immunity somewhere. Cinderswallow is reccomended, but can be replaced with any flask such as Atziri's Promise.
Jewels: Get the implicit "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" on one of the jewels if you can, or use a bleed immune flask.

Enchants:
Helmet: 30% Increased Temporal Chains Curse Effect, or +2 Tornado Shot secondary projectiles if you use Coward's Legacy.

AoE Spell Version:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2475063

Check out my other build guides
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115434

Future?
ES version with leg vinktar for delving

Tags:
Zerphi's Heart, Solstice Vigil, Shaper's Presence, Shackles of the Wretched, Coward's Legacy

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b7i0l0
Please message me on Discord from the MF Academy instead of PMing me on the forum.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Jul 27, 2019, 2:13:40 AM
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2019, 5:40:19 AM
Do you need Inspire Learning if you already have HH?
how are you using both zerphis heart and solstice vigil at the same time? :OO

you're also using someone else's video for your build.

"
Single Target:
Bosses die instantly.

you mean bosses in maps because you won't kill any actual bosses like shaper, uber elder or delve bosses without headhunter buffs.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255805
Last edited by JessicaSc2 on Apr 1, 2019, 2:08:14 PM
"
Cruelness wrote:
Do you need Inspire Learning if you already have HH?

Yes, because with 3 inspired learning, you essentially double the Headhunter buffs you gain. Each rare monster has 3 affixes, and each inspired takes 1. So with Headhunter and 3 inspired, you get 6 mods from 1 rare on average. Auras don't stack iirc, so maybe you'll get 5, or 6 if it takes the same mod twice.

"
JessicaSc2 wrote:
how are you using both zerphis heart and solstice vigil at the same time? :OO

Read the mechanics section. You only get Soul Eater from Zerphi's Heart.

"
you mean bosses in maps because you won't kill any actual bosses like shaper, uber elder or delve bosses without headhunter buffs.

Yes, I'll edit that to be clear.

"
you're also using someone else's video for your build.

Yes, It says that.
Please message me on Discord from the MF Academy instead of PMing me on the forum.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Apr 1, 2019, 2:11:06 PM
"

you wont get 80sec headhunter buffs without solstice vigil if you're not occultist.

You say in your build that you have Soul eater but then recommend solstice vigil as an amulet.

So your option is constantly swapping solstice vigil with zerphis

Are you serious? is this a 1st april prank.

"
Cost in League excluding gems (As of 19.03.30): 37-83ex

bro HH in legaue alone is 50ex, not even talking about +curse solstice vigil or zerphis u serious?

"
JessicaSc2 wrote:
"

you wont get 80sec headhunter buffs without solstice vigil if you're not occultist.

You say in your build that you have Soul eater but then recommend solstice vigil as an amulet.

So your option is constantly swapping solstice vigil with zerphis

Are you serious? is this a 1st april prank.

"
Cost in League excluding gems (As of 19.03.30): 37-83ex

bro HH in legaue alone is 50ex, not even talking about +curse solstice vigil or zerphis u serious?

Are you trolling me, or are unable/unwilling to read the build guide?

You only need to swap at most twice a map, and every 40s.

The cost is shown exactly in the PoB. Look at it for a breakdown.

I won't be replying to anymore troll comments.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Apr 1, 2019, 2:18:05 PM
"
You only need to swap every 40s.

Sounds great...

"
I won't be replying to anymore troll comments.

Your build is a troll build from start to finish. You don't even have a league character on your account.

And it's also not your build you stole the exact same deadeye build that the original guy did (the one that you posted the vid of).
Last edited by JessicaSc2 on Apr 1, 2019, 2:22:04 PM
Considering this was posted on march 31st, is this build an out of season april fool's joke?
"
OldManKenchi wrote:
Considering this was posted on march 31st, is this build an out of season april fool's joke?

The PoE community must be really toxic if you think this isn't a real build.

For example, JessicaSc2 is clearly a troll who likes to point out imaginary facts about my build. Like saying it's stolen without even looking at the build mechanics
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Apr 3, 2019, 5:14:23 PM
THIS IS INSANE !!!!!!!! KEEP UP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info