[3.7] Cold Stacking Rain of Arrows Deadeye [Quick Clearspeed Starter]

Decided to level a ranger for this build just to try it out, bought a bow for 2 ex unlinked and figured i'd level a ranger when i eventually 6 link it, 6 linked it in 18 fusings so here i am.
Currently i can clear T15 maps as level 74 quite easily with this gear.
A question, i crafted extra ele damage with attacks on my bow, is there a better prefix i can use?
Also another question, wouldn't the chest piece The Perfect Form be brilliant for this build? If we can get resists.

Last edited by Wiizper on Apr 20, 2019, 9:01:56 AM
"
JeDDyCZ wrote:

Thanks for suggestions, here is my opinion:

Mark of the Elder and a shaper ring sound really good as a budget option, it will be added into the build for sure.
Yoke of Suffering mechanic seems interesting, but I don't really know about how well would it apply in the end, since we're striving for pure cold damage. Certainly could be considered a fine budget option before you can get yourself a juicy amulet.
I've toyed with Ice Bite instead of Hypothermia, but I decided to go with the bigger damage increase which Hypothermia provides. On the other hand as you've pointed out, Ice Bite gives more quality of life and survability for mapping. Will be added as an option in the gem section for the convenience it provides with freeze chance.
I really wanted this build to be built around Deadeye, hence the ascendancy I decided to go with, but Pathfinder should certainly be a viable option. Not everyone is keen on it's playstyle though.
Regarding the chest piece- we treat it as a purely defensive option, since we don't really do it with the rest of our gear. Critical Strike chance and Dexterity would be nice to have there, but we need to get resistances and life from something.

Could you enable your character/post pob/post your gear in the comments so I could stick it in the main post for people interested on your take?
Congratulations on the fist Shaper kill, it's certainly a nice challenge to beat! :)

I'd love to, but i have no idea how to link items here =) But here's the POB https://pastebin.com/Bu2BFFuF
Idk how to calculate from roa on pob, but trust me 60k shaper dps is bullshit=) second phase shaper dies in 4-5 sec under all buffs
Last edited by TredOnMe on Apr 21, 2019, 10:07:37 AM
How do I review what's on the pastebin site?
"

And thus my question is answered.

It's exactly like that. Before you get yourself Lioneye's Fall you can take leech points in the bottom part of the skill tree. On the other hand the jewel itself doesn't cost that much so getting it shouldn't be an issue.

If you're new to the game I hope you have someone who can help you with gearing, since this build kind of requires at least a basic knowledge of item stat scaling and taking good upgrade routes. I tried to make it a little bit less confusing in the gear section, but it's nowhere near ideal.

Putting all that aside I hope you're having fun with the build and good luck! :)
"
Wiizper wrote:
Decided to level a ranger for this build just to try it out, bought a bow for 2 ex unlinked and figured i'd level a ranger when i eventually 6 link it, 6 linked it in 18 fusings so here i am.
Currently i can clear T15 maps as level 74 quite easily with this gear.
A question, i crafted extra ele damage with attacks on my bow, is there a better prefix i can use?
Also another question, wouldn't the chest piece The Perfect Form be brilliant for this build? If we can get resists.

Thanks for going with my build! With such items I'm sure you have to cut through the content like a knife through butter. The only thing bottle-necking you is your level, but I'm sure it's been resolved by now. :)

Regarding the craft: While increased elemental damage with attacks is a nice mod, I'm more inclined to go with elemental damage penetration like on my bow. I've been running sims with all good mods in PoB and got the best result with this one.

The Perfect Form is a great idea and I'm kind of cursing myself that I haven't thought of it myself. I will certainly add it as an option once I get myself around to updating the build.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion and I hope you're having a blast. Cheers!
"
TredOnMe wrote:

I'd love to, but i have no idea how to link items here =) But here's the POB https://pastebin.com/Bu2BFFuF
Idk how to calculate from roa on pob, but trust me 60k shaper dps is bullshit=) second phase shaper dies in 4-5 sec under all buffs

Your take on Rain of Arrows is certainly interesting and I'm pretty inclined to try it out myself as the league draws to the end.

Thanks for the PoB link and don't worry, it's more than enough. :) I don't really know myself how PoB calcutes damage for Rain of Arrows, but from what I've observed when your dps is around 300k you're doing well enough.
"
Jadaboy wrote:
How do I review what's on the pastebin site?

You have to take the link (or the code in it) and import it into the Path of Building application. If you don't know how it works, I highly suggest you checking out some Youtube videos about the app, it's a damn handy tool.
Last edited by JeDDyCZ on Apr 24, 2019, 5:54:28 AM
"
JeDDyCZ wrote:
"
TredOnMe wrote:

Your take on Rain of Arrows is certainly interesting and I'm pretty inclined to try it out myself as the league draws to the end.

Thanks for the PoB link and don't worry, it's more than enough. :) I don't really know myself how PoB calcutes damage for Rain of Arrows, but from what I've observed when your dps is around 300k you're doing well enough.

I also got my first Uber Elder down this league. It was hard, wasnt on the first try, but i got it and i'm pretty proud of it=) farming fully juiced up t16 is a breeze. i always have increased area of effect/concentrated effect as swap gems for mapping and bossing. hypothermia is bae.
is this build SSF viable cause i enjoy the challenge!
"
is this build SSF viable cause i enjoy the challenge!

It certainly is, only the endgame scaling could be a bit of a hassle, since you need to optimize your gear pretty heavily.
On the other hand you don't really need any hard to get uniques. The only issue could be Watcher's Eye and Lioneye's Fall, but the first one is by no means mandatory and there is a workaround for the second one.
What this build excels at is the progressing part, in which it's a great starter - you don't need any special uniques to get it running and gear is easily self-craftable.
If you decide to try it out on SSF be sure to leave me feedback here on how things progressed since i haven't tried it myself.
I also plan on doing few tweaks here and there on the tree in upcoming days, so there might be a new version of the skilltree soon(tm) to keep an eye on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info