[3.6] Pure Incinerate Trickster - 25M Shaper DPS - Videos Up - Uber Elder Down (Deathless)

I grew impatient with my map pool and threw some currency into Tier 16's to spawn my first Uber Elder of the league. Quick, easy, painless, and my first deathless Uber Elder to date.

Video is uploading as we speak. No jewel though :/
Sorry for the spam guys. Uber Elder video is now up. Also added a pros/cons section. Criticism appreciated.
Hey nice build you made. I'm thinking about switching from mine to yours, you mentioned budget gear in your thread, and that it should be easy to shift from budget to GGG End Game, but what it is actually?
Also i've got about 2-3 ex, should i save, and get 6 linked crafted staff or replace my other items one by one. My current equipment is not suited for this build, but i've got decent resistances and life, so they should be keep me up for some time. Thx for your time.
Last edited by Profatum on Mar 24, 2019, 3:56:39 AM
"
Profatum wrote:
Hey nice build you made. I'm thinking about switching from mine to yours, you mentioned budget gear in your thread, and that it should be easy to shift from budget to GGG End Game, but what it is actually?
Also i've got about 2-3 ex, should i save, and get 6 linked crafted staff or replace my other items one by one. My current equipment is not suited for this build, but i've got decent resistances and life, so they should be keep me up for some time. Thx for your time.

A 6 link of any kind is most likely going to be the biggest DPS upgrade you can get. I would focus on getting a 6-link first, and if that means you have to wear a Tabula for a while then that's fine. I wouldn't necessarily recommend a 6-link staff right away unless you can afford the correct base and do some basic crafting. The reason my staff is so good is because it's essentially a 7-link with a bunch of crazy good crafts on it - a basic 6 link staff won't be any better than a 6-link chest if you understand what I'm saying.

As far as budget gear goes, the build is already made up of mostly rare items, so if you see something in the build that is way out of your price range, either lower the values and look for similar items, or remove a damage affix and search again. An example of this is my Stygian Vise belt. If you're short on currency and are working your way towards the end-game stuff, searching for a stygian vise with just the life and resistance rolls will be just fine. You don't necessarily need % elemental damage like mine has.

Keep in mind that the weapons for the build are very flexible. If you have wands or sceptres from another build there's a decent chance they could work for this build too. Look for things like cast speed, crit multi, fire damage to spells, and crit chance. The passive tree is generic enough that you can use really whatever you want until you can get a Shaper staff.

In summary, look for life and resistances on gear. Any damage affixes you can get are a bonus. Flasks are also important so make sure you save up for those. Incinerate is strong enough that it will carry on very little gear but you really need cast speed.
I'll be updating the original post with information about a basic budget version of the build, as I predict I'll be getting more comments with the same question. Here's the link for that: https://pastebin.com/NwaAh73H

As you can see it's just basic rares with a basic weapon and shield. Nothing crazy but still great DPS on a budget.
Last edited by xRustySpoon on Mar 24, 2019, 5:55:35 AM
"
xRustySpoon wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:

A 6 link of any kind is most likely going to be the biggest DPS upgrade you can get. I would focus on getting a 6-link first, and if that means you have to wear a Tabula for a while then that's fine. I wouldn't necessarily recommend a 6-link staff right away unless you can afford the correct base and do some basic crafting. The reason my staff is so good is because it's essentially a 7-link with a bunch of crazy good crafts on it - a basic 6 link staff won't be any better than a 6-link chest if you understand what I'm saying.

As far as budget gear goes, the build is already made up of mostly rare items, so if you see something in the build that is way out of your price range, either lower the values and look for similar items, or remove a damage affix and search again. An example of this is my Stygian Vise belt. If you're short on currency and are working your way towards the end-game stuff, searching for a stygian vise with just the life and resistance rolls will be just fine. You don't necessarily need % elemental damage like mine has.

Keep in mind that the weapons for the build are very flexible. If you have wands or sceptres from another build there's a decent chance they could work for this build too. Look for things like cast speed, crit multi, fire damage to spells, and crit chance. The passive tree is generic enough that you can use really whatever you want until you can get a Shaper staff.

In summary, look for life and resistances on gear. Any damage affixes you can get are a bonus. Flasks are also important so make sure you save up for those. Incinerate is strong enough that it will carry on very little gear but you really need cast speed.

Also, this build cannot do elereflect, am i right?
Hey your build looks awesome!
Do you think the build works with scorching ray instead of incinerate?
I really like the visual of SR and never played that skill before.

Have a great day
Last edited by Klaxxus on Mar 24, 2019, 3:36:54 PM
Newbie here. Am I supposed to use both Zealotry and Anger at the same time? I am thinking that these two will reserve 100% of my mana and if my shield gets depleted due to incoming damage I won't be able to cast my skill.

And also whats your opinion on using the es leech gem for early-mid game? At least until getting the leech from amulet?

Sorry for my bad english.

edit: Oh and if my mana is completely reserved will Mind Over matter lose its effect?
Last edited by titan015 on Mar 24, 2019, 11:43:38 AM
Hey. Just wanted to say thank you for the build, loving it so far.

Quick question though, what pantheons would you recommend?
"
Profatum wrote:
Also, this build cannot do elereflect, am i right?

Nope, this build cannot do ele reflect maps unfortunately.

----------
"
Klaxxus wrote:
Hey your build looks awesome!
Do you think the build works with scorching ray instead of incinerate?
I really like the visual of SR and never played that skill before.

Keep it up!
Have a great day

Scorching Ray is a channeling spell that doesn't 'hit' like Incinerate does. The scaling would be completely different which means the passive tree and gear we use would also be completely different. It's not a feasible thing to do. I've definitely seen guides for Scorching Ray Tricksters on these forums so I think if do a little digging you might be able to find a guide from a league or 2 ago.

----------
"
titan015 wrote:
Newbie here. Am I supposed to use both Zealotry and Anger at the same time? I am thinking that these two will reserve 100% of my mana and if my shield gets depleted due to incoming damage I won't be able to cast my skill.

And also whats your opinion on using the es leech gem for early-mid game? At least until getting the leech from amulet?

Sorry for my bad english.

edit: Oh and if my mana is completely reserved will Mind Over matter lose its effect?

Yup, both Zealotry and Anger will reserve 100% of your mana, but will still allow you to cast because we take Eldritch Battery on the tree. If you get hit hard enough and lose all your ES, you're right, you wouldn't be able to cast your skills. This is basically the same problem that regular Mind Over Matter builds have. Thankfully we circumvent this downside by being a Trickster and having access to Ghost Shrouds. Ghost Dance, the Trickster Ascendancy node, gives us ES back when we're hit based on our Evasion Rating. So you would get hit, damage would be split 70/30 between your life and your ES, and then you would refill a portion of the ES that you just lost. There has very rarely been times where my ES is completely gone. It's just not something you have to worry about for the most part.

The ES Leech gem is okay, realize though that we already have a bit of ES leech on the tree to sustain our Eldritch Battery ES pool. The leech I have on my amulet is life leech, which means it's leeching my life, not ES. So really the ES Leech gem isn't necessary but you can test it out if you'd like. Until you get life leech on an amulet or through other means, you can simply run Warlord's Mark in a CWDT setup or link it to your Storm Brand.

And nope, Mind Over Matter works perfectly fine with Eldritch Battery. The damage that would normally get redirected to our mana pool now gets redirected to our ES pool, which has taken place of our mana. Pretty cool.

----------
"
Acester9 wrote:
Hey. Just wanted to say thank you for the build, loving it so far.

Quick question though, what pantheons would you recommend?

I'm usually on The Brine King just because even though we have "soft" stun immunity, there are times in which I get pelted by many small attacks or spells at once and lose all my ghost shrouds. Brine King insures we don't get stunlocked and die. As for minors its purely preference. Use whatever the map or situation calls for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info