(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
BlueeGreg wrote:
"
Andychuck wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, maybe it's been discussed and answered before and I couldn't find it, but:

what are your thoughts on toxic rain with withering touch on totems instead of a wither totem? Is there a clear winner? I previously followed a pathfinder guide that included withering touch totems, and I liked the totems shooting more arrows while I ran around.

The Ranged Attack Totem uses your bow (and it's attack speed), which was really good back in Delve when Quill Rain was viable. Now that we use bows that are 1/2 as fast as the Quill Rain, the Ranged Attack Totem is probably not good enough.

That, and the fact that whitering touch don’t hinder (reduce mvmt speed) and you just have 25% chance to whiter on hit (stack 15 times). Dual wither totem will build the debuff faster
Last edited by Inialla on Sep 6, 2019, 3:29:13 PM
"
Andychuck wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, maybe it's been discussed and answered before and I couldn't find it, but:

what are your thoughts on toxic rain with withering touch on totems instead of a wither totem? Is there a clear winner? I previously followed a pathfinder guide that included withering touch totems, and I liked the totems shooting more arrows while I ran around.

They're bad. I'd be weary of anything that comes from a Pathfinder guide.

Some nice clean numbers for ease-sake. One totem has 5 attacks second, 3 hits per attack. We don't have 100% accuracy but we'll just pretend we don't miss 20% of the time (we do). That's 15 hits per second, with only a 25% chance of applying withered.
That's maybe four stacks of withered per second... that is, AFTER the initial two second delay from waiting for them to shoot and then the pods to pop. So after three seconds, you have maybe four withered stacks. You don't want ramp time on your ramp time mechanic. Just use the caster totems. Mine cast at ~6.5 stacks per second with no delay. If you predrop all your totems, you get your 15 withered stacks in less than 1s.
Last edited by typicaldemon on Sep 6, 2019, 3:39:28 PM
I appreciate the replies! I didn't know where the attack totems pulled their attack speed from. The guide I was following was from a couple leagues ago, probably delve? And then I saw the Trickster recommendations, so I'm giving it a whirl this league. I liked the movement speed the other guide had going for it, so I was thinking of trying a little different passives tree, https://pastebin.com/5YgSCNke if there any egregious errors that I'm not aware of maybe one of you knowledgeable folks can point it out? The biggest downside that jumps out to me is the fact that I'll have to hit level 97, which seems pretty astronomical to me lol.
Thoughts on this build during mid league?

Should we replace Master Fletcher or Atrophy with oil nodes?
Honestly if Corruption is able to be crafted from Oil that looks like a nice little damage boost.

if anyone want this build as league strater, i can offer this bow to help

Found this so should be decent leveler until I get some currency to get a better one.
"
Brian9824 wrote:

Found this so should be decent leveler until I get some currency to get a better one.

There is literally nothing good on this bow fitting this build, why?
It has 4 links :-) Was 1/2 poorly worded sarcasm and 1/2 regret I never find anything decent lol.
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.
But how do I deal with bosses that have Chaos Res?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info