3.6 Ethereal Knives Phys/Chaos Trickster

"
Tridom wrote:
even with 0.5% from Soulthief

Soul thief only gives 0.3%, but even supposing that's enough to max out ES leech, energy leech support gives at least as much damage as increased critical damage (ICD gives about 25% more as a 6th link and energy leech gives 24% more on full ES). When leeching ES, energy leech gives 39% more damage, which is even better than any other option, and with no downside.
"
Hakaan256 wrote:
"
Tridom wrote:
even with 0.5% from Soulthief

Soul thief only gives 0.3%, but even supposing that's enough to max out ES leech, energy leech support gives at least as much damage as increased critical damage (ICD gives about 25% more as a 6th link and energy leech gives 24% more on full ES). When leeching ES, energy leech gives 39% more damage, which is even better than any other option, and with no downside.

yp, even 0.3% is enough later on, while leveling i took 3 points for extra ES Leech for Ethereal Feast node.

Im going to drop Unleash for Spell Echo, as i run and cast to quick now to be able to stack 3 on Unleash consistenly.

Links Will be Ethereal Knives - Spell Echo - Controlled Distruction - Energy Leech Support - Arcane Surge/Increased Critical Damage - Chain/Slow Projectiles.

PS. Energy leech is really better option

It is nearly close to Controlled Destruction witch has 45% more Damage.

Level 21 Arcane Surge gives 20% More Damage for just beeing attached. and 20% additional more for beeing used. But requiers to spend 450 mana...

Last edited by Tridom on Mar 26, 2019, 9:27:10 AM
I'm leveling one now but I've been following this tree I found: https://pastebin.com/J28FH9GL

What's the difference really in the end? Which tree is better? Sorry even after 3-4 seasons I'm still too shite at trees (and item identification XD)
"
GoldPush wrote:
I'm leveling one now but I've been following this tree I found: https://pastebin.com/J28FH9GL

What's the difference really in the end? Which tree is better? Sorry even after 3-4 seasons I'm still too shite at trees (and item identification XD)

This one you posted is based on Life, some Elemental Damage and goes way to the Left side on the tree. over to templar nodes. uses Blade Vortex for single Target and has Harness the Void Ascendancy instead of Weave the Arcane.

However, start is some sort similar. No big problems to respec couple of points.

Would you say either is better? Yours seem very expensive in needing a 10ex jewel for example.
Your updated PoB with 7.5M DPS is basically impossible to achieve. Besides the mirror-tier gear in every slot, you've got both "leeching ES" and "always on full ES" checked, which can never happen together. That's also on normal mobs, Shaper/Guardian (where it counts) means less damage.

With those things changed and slightly more reasonable gear, the DPS is more like 2M. Which is still very good, but the 7.5M is a little misleading. I should also add that your mana consumption is far above what you're regenerating - 7 casts/sec * 86 mana per cast is 600 mana used per second, while you can leech a maximum of 300 mana/sec (20% of 1500) plus about 50 from regen. With that taken into consideration, the sustained DPS is more like 1.2M.

All that said, I do still like the build, but I think it was a lot more realistic with more obtainable gear like Obliteration, Voidbringer, and more reasonable rares.

edit: Even with the crazy gear, you still don't quite have capped resistances, which for gear that's any worse would be even more of an issue.
Last edited by Hakaan256 on Mar 28, 2019, 7:11:09 PM
shaper viable ?
"
Hakaan256 wrote:
Your updated PoB with 7.5M DPS is basically impossible to achieve. Besides the mirror-tier gear in every slot, you've got both "leeching ES" and "always on full ES" checked, which can never happen together. That's also on normal mobs, Shaper/Guardian (where it counts) means less damage.

With those things changed and slightly more reasonable gear, the DPS is more like 2M. Which is still very good, but the 7.5M is a little misleading. I should also add that your mana consumption is far above what you're regenerating - 7 casts/sec * 86 mana per cast is 600 mana used per second, while you can leech a maximum of 300 mana/sec (20% of 1500) plus about 50 from regen. With that taken into consideration, the sustained DPS is more like 1.2M.

All that said, I do still like the build, but I think it was a lot more realistic with more obtainable gear like Obliteration, Voidbringer, and more reasonable rares.

edit: Even with the crazy gear, you still don't quite have capped resistances, which for gear that's any worse would be even more of an issue.

You right about Full Energy Shield/ Leeching energy shield, deactivated the stronger one, for more fair showcase.

Here is my actual lvl 91 Trickster, with average gear, chest is self crafted cost me about 5ex. 1 Jewel i bought was 1 ex, all other items low budged, biscos was the most expensive for 50c, entchant on naked hubris is about 20c. Boots 1c, Amu 1c-5c, Rings 1c-5c. Weapon about 10c, there are better weapons that i have (mine has no crit stats at all), shield 10c-20c. flasks 20c for atziri, 30 for sins, rest about 10c-20c. Depends on what you look for.

https://pastebin.com/4JMy9kh7 with chain and 1 curse set up, 1,4 mio dps.

https://pastebin.com/pxcmcr8L with slow proj an 2 curse karui ward 2.8 mio dps.
while on full ES, 3 mio while leeching. Thats from EK alone, then you have your Totems that give you 1,5 mio dps additional. and you still can activate Vaal RF for a sick boost.

and that is not from PoB, thats my gear.

Chest i got yesterday, till then was running T13 with ease on 4 Link chest....

Very strong build, has insane clearspeed. Mana regen is no problem due to Weave the Arcane + Arcane Surge, Gloomfang has 56% mana regen implicit, i Have Vaal Clarity for Bossfights, sometimes is usefull to change for Manaflask. But if Boss has add's then you have the "kill recently" status. To completely solve mana problems there is a cheap Clarity watchers eye that goes about 50c with 10% mana back, if you feel to do so.

Bossing is how ever not the best part of it. I killed Katarina and Atziri, Killed T10 Elder, and some Synthesis Bosses. Did not tryed any T16 Bosses now, there are better boss killer outthere for sure. But can be pretty relieble because of Totems, they do insane damage alone. Clearspeed for Maps and Memory Fragments is insane however.

Where i struggle is phys reflect, and some piece of ele reflect, due to unwanted cold damage on my weapon... Still makeable by totems and bane, but slower then usual. and sometimes chaos damage by caustic arrow or ground, have to be aware of bleeding/freeze and chill. Would get way better when i get this "Immune to Poison" Pantheon power.

Last edited by Tridom on Apr 4, 2019, 4:56:24 AM
"
GoldPush wrote:
Would you say either is better? Yours seem very expensive in needing a 10ex jewel for example.

Yeah mine is better. I did played trough red maps on garbage gear most of the time. Got to level 91 on a 4-Link chest.

10ex jewel is like icecream on the cake not need but will make everything insane)).

When i get 12ex ill buy one))
Can you add some gameplay videos ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info