[3.7] Untouchable Ghost. 50k Evasion 10k ES HOWA Charged Dash

I'm really loving this build! I wanted something that could tank bosses and this is just perfect! I'm using dual howa and I have no problem face tanking most bosses. I'm definitely playing this build for legion.

Hopefully the ghost shroud nerfs aren't too bad.
nerfs shouldn't be to bad, they just said they were lowering frequency, not changing mechanincs
"
Ghost Dance: Now causes you to gain a Ghost Shroud every 2 seconds (from 1).

Escape Artist: Now grants 10% chance to dodge hits from Spell Damage while you have Energy Shield (from 20%), and 6% increased Attack and Cast Speed per Ghost Shroud (from 12%).

Each of the small passives on the Trickster Ascendancy tree now grant 5% increased energy shield (from 8%) and 14% increased evasion rating (from 8%).

I would say loosing ES and Attack speed with full ghost shrouds together with some reduced ES on the Tree is the biggest nerf.

No changes apparently to HOWA or other items the guide builds upon.
The buff to evasion is nice. More Evasion could counter the loss of ES unless you run into a RIP moB pack or mino gets lucky and hits you.
Last edited by Camatoo on Jun 5, 2019, 7:46:05 AM
"
Camatoo wrote:
"
Ghost Dance: Now causes you to gain a Ghost Shroud every 2 seconds (from 1).

Escape Artist: Now grants 10% chance to dodge hits from Spell Damage while you have Energy Shield (from 20%), and 6% increased Attack and Cast Speed per Ghost Shroud (from 12%).

Each of the small passives on the Trickster Ascendancy tree now grant 5% increased energy shield (from 8%) and 14% increased evasion rating (from 8%).

I would say loosing ES and Attack speed with full ghost shrouds together with some reduced ES on the Tree is the biggest nerf.

No changes apparently to HOWA or other items the guide builds upon.
The buff to evasion is nice. More Evasion could counter the loss of ES unless you run into a RIP moB pack or mino gets lucky and hits you.

I'm not good enough at reading skills/pob to say how much of a difference the ghost shroud part will make for the overall survivability but just loading in my current build with the new tree my ES went from 10117 to 9750 so thats less of a change then I thought it would be.

Total dps and evasion went up slightly but not enough to make a noticeable difference.

Again tho this is just converting to the new tree so there might be better paths with the new changes.
Soo we now have patch notes

Nerfs
- 18% increased attack speed & 6% Increased ES lost from trickster
- 10% Spell dodge removed
- Ghost Shrouds generate slower

Buffs
- Utmost Intellect has great value and makes up for tricksters loss
- Charged Dash damage buff

After cutting 3 nodes to pick up Utmost Intellect and losing the stats from trickster I had 3% more damage and 3% more ES then in 3.6 so basically the same

We don't have the new damage values in Pob yet but I think Charged dash got a 20% boost so that buffs up the damage side

Ghost Shrouds may be less reliable but hopefully still ok. I doubt you'd notice any difference in most of gameplay

"
WaffleT wrote:

Nerfs

Buffs

After cutting 3 nodes to pick up Utmost Intellect and losing the stats from trickster I had 3% more damage and 3% more ES then in 3.6 so basically the same

We don't have the new damage values in Pob yet but I think Charged dash got a 20% boost so that buffs up the damage side

Ghost Shrouds may be less reliable but hopefully still ok. I doubt you'd notice any difference in most of gameplay

Sounds pretty good, thank you very much for the update!

Unless something big happens I'll be starting with this as I really enjoyed it last league so thank you again for the build!
+200 int. with 3 points :D
👀
well, atleast we dont have to fear another nerf after 3.7

Legion will be dominated by Slayers and maybe zerkers.
if not charged dash, cyclone and blade flurry are possible.
What supports would we use for each?
Last edited by bonewall on Jun 5, 2019, 4:49:53 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:

Nerfs

Buffs

Thanks for sharing (and ty for the awesome build btw).
Sadly we also lost the physical damage reduction on infused channeling. I hoped they would fix charged dash's mechanic of only hitting once every other "attack" since they changed the description of cyclone to match its 2 hits/attack. Probably a pipe dream but would do wonders for clear speed.

Speaking of, you're still considering trying out cyclone on this build? I've been messing around with flicker strike on a 4-link for clear but can't get it to feel smooth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info