[3.6] Bane & Blight Trickster MoM - Tanky Mapper - Shaper Down.

The build is easy, cheap to gear and can do everything in the game - I already almost finished my entire atlas and killed Shaper with it, all deathless and quick.

The build uses life, energy shield, mind over matter, acrobatics and phase acrobatics.
We're getting 8-9k eHP on a budget, 40/50% dodge without flasks (75/75 with Vaal Grace for 12 sec), lots of evasion with some physical mitigation and up to 15% reduced all damage taken.
For mapping we also have a lot of regen and stun immunity thanks to Trickster ascendancy.

When it comes to DPS, Bane can easily deal ~300k by itself, but we also support it with Wither totem and Blight, all this combined lets us reach 1-2m DPS without much effort.

> Leveling
Spoiler
We're getting Bane in act 3, so before that you can use whatever you want, though I'd recommend starting with Freezing Pulse, then move to Contagion, Essence Drain and Blight, you'll get all those gems in act 1.

Make sure to also pick up Flame dash, Faster Casting, Void Manipulation, Controlled Destruction, Efficacy, Swift Affliction, Infused Channeling, Malevolence, Despair and Temportal Chains.

Basically, what you want to do, is just run around, cast Contagion and sometimes Essence Drain on bigger, tankier packs. On bosses, use Blight whenever you can and Essence Drain every few seconds.

Once you get Bane, you'll want to clear packs with it, so you can get rid of Contagion at this point. On bosses just use Bane > ED > Blight.
When you feel like you've got more than enough DPS already, you can get rid of ED too.

Links:
Bane - Despair - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy
(You can swap whichever of two last gems to Void Manipulation or Swift Affliction, the difference won't be big)

Blight - Efficacy - Controlled Destruction - Infused Channeling

Flame Dash - Faster Casting

Malevolence

Tree 1

Tree 2

Tree 3

Note that you can pick Whispers of Doom passive as soon as you have access to 6 link, don't pick it ealier.

Bandits: Kill all.

Ascendancy order: it doesn't really matter that much, there's no bad option, but I'd go Weave the arcane > Ghost Dance > Escape Artist, or Weave the Arcane > Patient Reaper and so on.
> Links
Spoiler
Main:
Bane - Despair - Efficacy - Swift Affliciton - Controlled Destruction - Temportal Chains
(Controlled destruction can be swapped to Void manipulation, then colors are 3B3G, therefore it's easier to color a chest that only requires Dex.)

Single target in Allelopathy Gloves:
Infused channeling - Efficacy - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation

Wither totem:
Wither - Spell Totem - Multiple Totems - Faster Casting

Flame Dash:
Flame Dash - Faster Casting
(if you decide to not take Weave the arcane, you can also use low level Arcane Surge)

CWDT Setup:
Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1) - Immortal call (lvl 3) - Increased Duration

Vaal Grace & Phase Run:
Vaal Grace - Increased Duration - Phase run
(You don't want to use Grace aura, only Vaal Grace in tough situations)

Aura in Essence Worm ring:
Malevolence

Rest is up to you, you can get some golem or vaal haste/blight, it doesn't matter that much.
> Skill Tree, Ascendancy and Pantheon
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAP8AECYAAHyw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUu00cgMdoK1SAbnpAWYUx9BXfIOSLcw6FomiBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-lxAh8unm3WezxXsGE5tpcScMn_GkyfviPk3189JsWwLIvRtGQj0akO86iycES18g-vuhTKXLUlPvKqX9JeVTLMEB4PbVcY6WKyY99dSr61KZ_ya4EWdU1Iy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B-5AhvINj2dqmyMYqwPqySLwzqJ4OZYkx9JE5uhGGpYB3zleC8i6ujWBbWNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIyAbIZz3rQH-_rvoqhL_6zahvP3fGK-aRw1EyDdIEzo9o7iw5auQAAAAAA

Ghost Dance, Escape Artist and Patient Reaper are a must have, rest depends on your preferences, Weave the Arcane is fine if you need more mana for MoM, but Prolonged Pain is really strong too, especially if you plan to do bosses.

Order in which you take them isn't that important, I went Weave > Patient > Ghost > Escape.
Later on I got rid of Weave and picked Prolonged.

For pantheon gods, use Solaris for mapping and Lunaris for end game bosses, try to also capture Sebbert and Gorgon for extra bonuses. When it comes to minor gods, I'm using Tukohama most of the time.
> Gear
Spoiler
Since we are Trickster and we are taking Ghost Dance and Escape Artist, you'll want to get helmet with as much ES as possible and body armour with a lot of evasion, or at least a hybrid one with ES. Those things can be really expensive and I'd buy or craft them only if you wanted to really min-max your character.

Decent gear can be bought reasonably cheap. Some examples:
Spoiler
One of your rings and gloves will be unique, so you'll want to get as much resistances and HP as possible wherever you can, to reach 109% all resistances - for elemental weakness maps.
Also look for boots with 30% movement speed if you want to have good time.

General priority is:
- Elemental resistances
- Life
- Mana (for MoM)
- Anything like cast speed, spell damage etc.

For weapons you'll want to use two wands or wand + shield, the second option is obviously better defensively because you can get even more eHP stuff and resistances if you're struggling.

You'll want to look for "+% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier" on your wands, it will increase your DPS significantly.

General priority for wands is:
- +% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier (goes up to +38%)
- % increased Spell/Chaos Damage
Spoiler
> Uniques
Spoiler
> Flasks
Spoiler
Those are the flasks that I'm currently using, you always want to have one with instant healing, one with bleeding removal, freeze removal and curse removal. You can also use Jade flask instead of Basalt, Granite flask is fine too before taking Acrobatics keystone. Having Quicksilver flask with additional movement speed is helping greatly too.

Just smash those alterations till you get the right modifiers, and make sure that your flasks are at very least ilvl 20 (hold alt).
> Vids
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzPIhK1TYjg
^ Hydra
https://youtu.be/jQnEvL7KDF8
^ T15 Waste Pool
I'll get some end game bosses videos later
> Shaper and pastebin
Spoiler
This build was my starter and I've killed Shaper very quickly with it: https://imgur.com/AkuYsIt

The gear I had:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/CBHtsv0i

^ Note that PoB can't calculate the Blight dps, which is our most powerful single target damage spell, you gotta calculate it yourself, but we easily reach max 20 stacks and it's 1.4m dps.
Last edited by azaanis on Apr 4, 2019, 3:52:01 PM
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2019, 7:54:38 AM
Very cool build. I'm not running the exact setup, but it's similar. This is going to taste like noob, but I'm wondering if it would be better to run another curse (enfeeble, for instance) in place of efficacy on the six-link with bane. Currently, my bane is at 48% more damage per curse, and 50% debuff duration per curse. It seems like another curse would outshine my efficacy's 18% more spell damage, 26% dot, and 15% duration.
"
gduber wrote:
Very cool build. I'm not running the exact setup, but it's similar. This is going to taste like noob, but I'm wondering if it would be better to run another curse (enfeeble, for instance) in place of efficacy on the six-link with bane. Currently, my bane is at 48% more damage per curse, and 50% debuff duration per curse. It seems like another curse would outshine my efficacy's 18% more spell damage, 26% dot, and 15% duration.
I see what you mean, but PoB shows me that it's not the case. Getting additional curse on gear and swapping any of the support gems for Enfeeble only decreases our DPS by ~12%, and the duration doesn't matter anyway because Bane lasts forever, thanks to Temportal Chains which makes our DoT effects expire slower - 13s for normal mobs, and 8s on Shaper.
However you can use it if you want, really. It will make you even safer in maps, but not so much against end-game bosses, because curse effectiveness is gutted there.
Last edited by azaanis on Mar 19, 2019, 3:35:31 AM
Hey man! I will give this build a try, can you tell me which Pantheon do you use? Thanks for your work!
"
chillzz81 wrote:
Hey man! I will give this build a try, can you tell me which Pantheon do you use? Thanks for your work!
Always Lunaris for mapping and Solaris for end game bosses, try to capture Sebbert and Gorgon at least. For minor, I'd stick to Tukohama, Ryslatha with captured Gorgulis can be fine too.
Hi,

Is this build valiable for ssf ?
"
thecorky wrote:
Hi,

Is this build valiable for ssf ?
100% Yes. You don't need allelopathy gloves and you can use Vaal blight too, Spreading Rot jewel is a quest reward in act 5 and Essence Worm/Malevolence isn't a must have either.
Clear speed will be identical, bossing will be a little slower.
Last edited by azaanis on Mar 21, 2019, 7:24:08 AM
Thanks for answer, going to try your build now
"
azaanis wrote:
"
gduber wrote:
I see what you mean, but PoB shows me that it's not the case. Getting additional curse on gear and swapping any of the support gems for Enfeeble only decreases our DPS by ~12%, and the duration doesn't matter anyway because Bane lasts forever, thanks to Temportal Chains which makes our DoT effects expire slower - 13s for normal mobs, and 8s on Shaper.
However you can use it if you want, really. It will make you even safer in maps, but not so much against end-game bosses, because curse effectiveness is gutted there.

Thanks for the numbers. I went ahead and bought another Skin of the Lords to replace the temporal chains with enfeeble, and I'm liking it a little better. I want to say that my survivability is better because of enfeeble (I also now use impresence and two breath of the ouncil), but I don't have math to back it up. Tinkering with this is almost as fun as playing it.

I'm thinking about trying a cherubim's maleficence (+80% chaos dmg), but the sockets are hard to color, and I don't know if it would out-perform +1 gem level.
"
gduber wrote:
Thanks for the numbers. I went ahead and bought another Skin of the Lords to replace the temporal chains with enfeeble, and I'm liking it a little better. I want to say that my survivability is better because of enfeeble (I also now use impresence and two breath of the ouncil), but I don't have math to back it up. Tinkering with this is almost as fun as playing it.

I'm thinking about trying a cherubim's maleficence (+80% chaos dmg), but the sockets are hard to color, and I don't know if it would out-perform +1 gem level.
Enfeeble is fine, but your Blight is going to suffer a bit because you won't be able to reach 20 stacks anymore - more like 15, so that's 25% damage loss.
The cherubim's maleficence is 'okay' if you're willing to invest the currency, but it won't outperform +1. Imo. we've got so much DPS already that it's better to go for something else.

Also, breath of the council is really bad at the moment, the only good thing is the chaos duration but you don't need it if you're going to use temportal chains. For same price you can get wands which will give you a lot more DPS, you can check the gear section for an example.
Last edited by azaanis on Mar 22, 2019, 3:30:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info