Budget Fireball 3.6 Elementalist

I'm also a little confused on if Warlords Mark actually works with a caster since it is dependent upon the "on hit," modifier. Does fireball count as a hit?
Warlords Mark is used cause of the 30% chance to gain an endurance charge.
This will be consumed by immortal call.
"
Great_Snake wrote:
Does a fireball count as an "attack," ?

No, attacks and spells are seperate.

"
Great_Snake wrote:
"Adds 3-5 cold damage to attacks"
Would something like that be applied to Fireball?

As above, that modifier has no use on any spell builds, outside of shield charge EE shenanigans.

"
Great_Snake wrote:
I'm also a little confused on if Warlords Mark actually works with a caster

Absolutely it does, Warlord's mark is on hit, spells hit, simple as that.

----

Seperate from all of the above questions... this build guide is not very good. He claims budget build but has level 21 gems and a Kaom's Heart. The damage is awfully low and this is because the OP is trying to scale fire damage but also inadvertently scaling a lot of ignite damage that is not utilised, via gems, items and tree.

The Searing Touch is a great ignite/DoT staff, but you can easily out class this staff. Your options are to either, a) just focus on either redesigning the tree and gem links for ignites to match the item or b) use a different staff to get way better damage and focusing on the hits/explosions.

The build has a very low life pool for having a Kaom's Heart and without the Kaom's (which lets face it, if you're following this guide you'll never afford one as they currently cost ~90c, so gl trying to farm that on this build) and a normal high life chest you're looking at around 5.3k health - Pretty low. Combine this low health pool with the unoptimised anaemic 110k shaper dps (on the 5 link he proposed with level 21 gems and Empower lvl 3) it's not looking good at all.

"
Boteyedoll wrote:
Map clearspeed is fast, Bosses take a bit longer with only moderate single target damage.

This build will struggle to kill bosses in tier 8+. For someone who has 2k hours in the game, this guide is pretty irresponsible and misinforming to new players.
Last edited by fluxofwar on Apr 18, 2019, 11:08:55 PM
Yes, I did notice some inconsistencies. OP takes tons of the 5% to life nodes even though there are 6-10% life nodes just off the tree. The build has no natural chaos resistance, but again Purity of Flesh is right along the path of the rest of the passives and provides added life and chaos resistance. OP takes Blood Drinker which leaches ATTACK damage as life, even though this character deals SPELL damage. The OP takes a pointless +30 to strength node when even basic gear provides enough strength, etc.
The current gear and gem sockets I'm using with this build

Why no beacon of ruin for 20% more ignite damage? I think I will play this build for flashback
I played this build in Synthesis League and had a lot of fun with it. Thanks for the effort!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info