News of the horrific shooting is making its way to the US.

My condolences. to GGG and New Zealand

From a Singaporean.

Residing in Hong Kong.
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
"
pneuma wrote:
What you say is true and it still isn't a justification for killing 49 innocent people while at their place of worship. Taking even one ounce of blame off the shooter is utterly immoral.

If you're at the point where violence against innocents is accepted, then you're already inside the race war that this sick fuck wants so desperately to start. "Fighting terrorism with terrorism" is a blood feud.

We're getting there. Give it a decade more of shitty government handling of the immigration situation and I fear my country might have an open race war in its hands.

"
pneuma wrote:
No matter how much you disagree with Islam, violence against the innocent is not the answer. Openly and loudly criticizing the tenets of Islam, pushing for reformation within the church, and sheltering apostates is acceptable. Enacting immigration policy is acceptable.

This brand of accelerationist nihilism, wanting escalation until one side or the other ceases to exist, is not only counterproductive, it actively prevents real change. Even if every last "ethnostatist" were killed, their ideas will remain and can be revived 100 years later from a whisper and the same is true of Islam and every other idea.

We got rid of Nazis. Sure neo-Nazis and what not still exist, but their effect on the world is nonexistent.

"
Nizaris1 wrote:
Nope, surely you don't know the history of European colonialism, it was under "God, Gold and Glory" banner. Christianity didn't spread around the world peacefully and it is HISTORICAL FACT that Christianity come into my country trough guns and cannons. The first church in my country was built on top of the ashes of the king's palace, and my people who refused to convert are crucified along the beach of Melaka in 1511 AD

Did a quick search, that event was related to the crusades and crusades had little to do with Christianity itself. Religion was just another political spear.
"
We got rid of Nazis. Sure neo-Nazis and what not still exist, but their effect on the world is nonexistent.
I expect the effect of 'neo-Nazis and whatnot' feels pretty real to the friends and family of the dozens of people killed in this attack.
Smaller pictures aren't nonexistent, they're what the big picture is made up of. This attack is part of the big picture of the threat of white supremacist thought worldwide.

Ignoring problems isn't "looking at the big picture", it's just ignoring problems.
A nationwide or worldwide, organized white supremacist terror network would be a problem, yes. There's no evidence of such a thing existing though. There's no evidence of this hit being perpetrated by an organized team either. It's just one guy who went off the rocker and found a reason to do what he did, nothing more.

No worldwide "threat" here, sorry. Just an individual tragedy.
I didn't say anything about an organised network or team. The idea that ideologies need to be be formalised into official structures and representatives in order to be dangerous is bizarre.
"
I didn't say anything about an organised network or team. The idea that ideologies need to be be formalised into official structures and representatives in order to be dangerous is bizarre.

Then you must live in permanent fear, for there a TON of unorganized ideologies out there that can be classified as "dangerous".
"
A nationwide or worldwide, organized white supremacist terror network would be a problem, yes. There's no evidence of such a thing existing though. There's no evidence of this hit being perpetrated by an organized team either. It's just one guy who went off the rocker and found a reason to do what he did, nothing more.

No worldwide "threat" here, sorry. Just an individual tragedy.

What do you believe is driving the rise of right-wing populist parties around the world. Parties like those of Orban, Salvini, Bolsonaro or even Trump. Why do you suppose that 'leaders' such as these, more often than not, refuse to condemn acts of terrorism perpetrated by white supremacists.

Also, who do you believe funds white supremacist groups around the world, who is it that provides the ideas that percolate down to the grass-root level supports like those found in places like this forum or r/The_Donald. /r/Conservative.
"
Kellog wrote:
What do you believe is driving the rise of right-wing populist parties around the world. Parties like those of Orban, Salvini, Bolsonaro or even Trump. Why do you suppose that 'leaders' such as these, more often than not, refuse to condemn acts of terrorism perpetrated by white supremacists.

Also, who do you believe funds white supremacist groups around the world, who is it that provides the ideas that percolate down to the grass-root level supports like those found in places like this forum or r/The_Donald. /r/Conservative.
What incidents of white supremacist terrorism do you think those leaders have refused to condemn?

Who is it that you think funds white supremacist groups around the world? Bizarro Soros?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
"

Then you must live in permanent fear, for there a TON of unorganized ideologies out there that can be classified as "dangerous".
There are a lot of such problems in the world, yes, but I'm lucky enough to not have to face most of them, because of who I am and where I live. It is just luck though, and it's important not to let my relative personal safety lead to forgetting or denying that those problems exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info