News of the horrific shooting is making its way to the US.

This thread is not an appropriate place to discuss politics and religion.

Please keep your comments civil, and ensure your posts abide by our Code of Conduct.

I will be locking this thread if it continues to be derailed away from the intention of the initial post.
What a horrific tragedy. You are so lucky to have this woman as your PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReF2a5cz-2I&fbclid=IwAR2uhK51rE_zxudUx-3Fi4uONwXJVaCDwLR8-QMnv9bJH7nDOPGIbht5f9o
Having gone through much the same hatred and terror in Norway some years ago, I can only empathise and offer condolences to New Zealand as a country, the Muslim community both there and elsewhere, and humanity as a whole. All got attacked that day.

It is unfathomable to me that people can gain such bottomless hatred for otherness. Amidst the sadness and horror, it does warm the heart to see the garden of flowers and cards, and people simply being kind to each other. Unlike in Norway, I hope it lasts.

Hopefully the monster behind this massacre will spend the rest of his days in jail, ideally with no contact with the outside world, either in or out. Try to contain the virus. For such vile creatures as this (and our version), I kinda wish they would spend the rest of their days in a literal dark pit.

Correction or punishment/revenge? Yeah, the former is definitely not possible in these cases.
"
Icholas wrote:

Thank you for that link. Truly heart-crushing to read. So much sorrow and sad fates. Fathers and mothers dead, children killed, love torn asunder, children not yet born missing a father. Very moving to read the descriptions, and the courage of the man trying to wrestle the gun from the monster.

My deep-felt condolences to all hurt from this :-(

I'd like to quote from a lovely lady in the aftermath of the Oslo attacks (whose hatred came from much the same place, and was probably an inspiration for the NZ monster):

"If one man can show so much hatred, imagine how much love we can show together."
(loosely translated right now, so probably not perfect)
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Mar 18, 2019, 8:16:24 PM
Students perform haka to pay tribute to classmates

Not a long clip, and says so much. Stay with it, to the end.

Last edited by erdelyii on Mar 19, 2019, 9:56:22 AM
A horrible tragedy you wouldn't think had been possible when you hear safest country in the world.....

But when you get more familiar that assault rifles are legal in NZ, when you assume NZ took similar action as Australia after that 90s rampage it shows that there work to do and act accordingly.

I believe NZ will also drop a lot in the freedom index because of a law from 1993(?) and active persecution of NZ officials, who don't realize that you will never purge such a thing from the internet. Even dumb things our chancelior 26 years ago said are still on the net!

Some dumb kid faces a 10k fine up to 14 years in prison for sharing the video with some edgy message.

Several NZ citizens lost their job and face the same punishment for viewing the video because the authorities contacted them.

To put that into comparison with Germany: Manslaughter goes up to 15 years!

The commensurability doesn't exist. For example here in Germany Peter Jacksons Braindead is banned. But a ban is nothing more than prohibiting sale not ownership and you need to sell such media to many people that's actually considered "Selling" not "Fullfilling a wish of a special customer" and even when you sell it you won't face more than 1 year in prison tops.

And before somebody tries to compare fiction and reality.
Real Snufffilms are also banned under the same paragraph. The paragraph is about glorification of violance and gore. Doesn't matter if fictional or not.

Do the officials understand, that people outside of NZ could bait Kiwis through eg URL shorteners to visit an ISP blacklisted sites and authorities will be informed and you can guess what happens afterwards.

If any of those people arrested for viewing/sharing the video get anything more than a fine there will be riots.

I can certainly understand that some people simply didn't believe such a monster exists and livestreams his act of terrorism and didn't watch the full video.
"
Hilbert wrote:
A horrible tragedy you wouldn't think had been possible when you hear safest country in the world.....

But when you get more familiar that assault rifles are legal in NZ, when you assume NZ took similar action as Australia after that 90s rampage it shows that there work to do and act accordingly.

I believe NZ will also drop a lot in the freedom index because of a law from 1993(?) and active persecution of NZ officials, who don't realize that you will never purge such a thing from the internet. Even dumb things our chancelior 26 years ago said are still on the net!

Some dumb kid faces a 10k fine up to 14 years in prison for sharing the video with some edgy message.

Several NZ citizens lost their job and face the same punishment for viewing the video because the authorities contacted them.

To put that into comparison with Germany: Manslaughter goes up to 15 years!

The commensurability doesn't exist. For example here in Germany Peter Jacksons Braindead is banned. But a ban is nothing more than prohibiting sale not ownership and you need to sell such media to many people that's actually considered "Selling" not "Fullfilling a wish of a special customer" and even when you sell it you won't face more than 1 year in prison tops.

And before somebody tries to compare fiction and reality.
Real Snufffilms are also banned under the same paragraph. The paragraph is about glorification of violance and gore. Doesn't matter if fictional or not.

Do the officials understand, that people outside of NZ could bait Kiwis through eg URL shorteners to visit an ISP blacklisted sites and authorities will be informed and you can guess what happens afterwards.

If any of those people arrested for viewing/sharing the video get anything more than a fine there will be riots.

I can certainly understand that some people simply didn't believe such a monster exists and livestreams his act of terrorism and didn't watch the full video.

It's a horrific tragedy for sure. I still rather live with the risk of this happening to me or loved ones and retain as many freedoms as I can. I am not pro censorship or removal of rights and liberties from a place of fear.
You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
Last edited by jadenharrow on Mar 19, 2019, 9:03:50 PM
All i got from all of this is:
The Christs from this mosque are really radical, or is it a church ?
God really must know how to drive a good joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu05kQoER-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:
All i got from all of this is:
The Christs from this mosque are really radical, or is it a church ?
God really must know how to drive a good joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu05kQoER-E

Unless you're trying to say that the people who died were jihadists and therefore the shooter was righteous, I don't see why this video would change a thing.
No, Divine Irony is a different category from Schadenfreude.

A typical "Allah was drunk"-theory, i wouldn´t be surprised if information would get censored if a connection could be made between a possible radicalized individual and radical preechers in the vicinity. View that sentence with atheistic eyes.

But i agree with disarmment, let´s get rid of all those guns civilians have, and get into phase2, politicans like Obama probably killed more Muslims.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info