[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

"
Enahkra wrote:
Hey there thanks glad you're enjoying the build. I'm looking at your POB atm. It's a pretty solid setup; impressive that you managed to wise oak balance but it's definitely worth it since wise oak will provide a good chunk of ehp. I added Veteran Bowyer onto a jewel since POB does not factor that into dps calc, also your lethal pride has no mods on it, so I'm going to assume there's 300k more dps missing from there, since a decent one should provide approx that much.For some reason Wave of Conviction isn't providing the 25% debuff on my POB, I'm guessing it's a bug so I replaced it with Frost bomb but the dps should be the same. I dropped your Wise Oak for now just for the sake of comparing it with the build guide's POB. You're sitting at 4.37mil shaper dps.

The single biggest upgrade you can get atm is flat cold enchant on boots. I would almost suggest getting it yourself with some twice enchanteds if none are on the market. The mod is pretty much always up and it gives you an additional 300k dps bumping you up to 4.67mil.

I'm a bit hesitant suggesting any major gear changes because so much of your gearing choice was intended to balance wise oak, so any improvements for rare items would be very hard. But the good thing is a lot of your gear is already very good and depending on what content you're running ,it's probably okay sticking to your current set of rare items.

One cause for concern I see is that your life is only around 4.5k which might not be too safe for end game content. Wise Oak itself is providing ~500 life in most cases, but still a bit dangerous.

You might want to consider replacing your corrupted blood immunity jewel. The one you currently have doesn't give much; the flat wand phys is almost nothing and the %increased mod is conditional; the blind is redundant. Even if you could get a single decent flat life roll on there instead of any damage, I think it would help your build a lot.

With divining some of your gear you can squeeze out another ~7% life which combined with +30ish flat life from a new corrupted blood jewel will bring you to 4.75k life. Any extra life you can squeeze out right now will make a big difference until you reach probably 5kish. I wouldn't attempt uber elder with lower than 4.9-5k life especially if it's your first time with this kind of build.

Including Wise Oak in your setup, you would be 5.3m shaper dps. In that case maybe it's a good idea to switch over to the higher life tree on my guide; you will drop to maybe 4mil dps ish but that's still overkill for all content in game. You will feel much tankier though.

If you aren't doing mostly endgame, and just farming lower level content then anything life related that I mentioned above probably isn't necessary.

Edit: Just noticed your POB is missing a passive point so there's some extra damage or life from there.

Here is the POB with the changes I'm talking about. I did not include the 300k dps from Lethal Pride mentioned above. That was just my estimate.
https://pastebin.com/8ZWeJqzp

One last thing I wanted to add about Wave of Conviction vs. Frost Bomb.

There are pros and cons to each, but from a bossing perspective Frost Bomb may be better. The reason is b/c Wave of Conviction requires manually casting it to proc debuff + curse. This means you need to go up to boss and cast it during the beginning of the fight. One thing to consider is that you deal 4mil+ dps per second. Even if you spend only half a second using Wave of Conviction you're losing 2mil+ damage. Frost Bomb is harder to use, but if timed properly it can apply the debuff right as the fight begins (as an example, watch the beginning of each shaper phase from the video on the guide), which means you don't lose damage. Plus Frost Bomb has a pretty far cast range, so you can place it below the boss usually before the boss even targets you. One advantage for Wave of Conviction though is that it's much easier to cast mid-fight to reapply curse but with your level of damage, no fight should ever really take longer than a few seconds.

Thank you so much for your very detailed reply! I now have some really nice goals to aim for today, will firstly swap out wave of conviction for frost bomb and get good at timing it as what you said regarding the dps lost when casting Wave makes sense. Secondly, I'll definitely find another corrupted blood immunity jewel with high life and will revisit your jewel tier section again. Thirdly, running labs with twice enchanted for that sweet 300k DPS boost on the boots (I see a lot of people forget about the enchant, perhaps adding it as an optional upgrade in the guide might save you some time). Lastly, diving gear for more life, hope it goes well, as I'm sure everyone has felt that bad Divine RNG.

I will definitely take into consideration swapping trees into the more defensive one if I seem to struggle with deaths etc, I killed shaper for the first time ever using your build, at a lot earlier stage might I add, so these upgrades planned are very welcomed. Time to start reading through your guide on Uber Elder and watching some YouTube videos!

Once again major props to you for the amount of time you put into this guide and even individually helping people like me, definitely a saint of the community! I hope that I can achieve the goals I now have, thanks to you, in a timely fashion.
Last edited by WongBater on Jul 9, 2019, 4:46:11 AM
"
WongBater wrote:

Thank you so much for your very detailed reply! I now have some really nice goals to aim for today, will firstly swap out wave of conviction for frost bomb and get good at timing it as what you said regarding the dps lost when casting Wave makes sense. Secondly, I'll definitely find another corrupted blood immunity jewel with high life and will revisit your jewel tier section again. Thirdly, running labs with twice enchanted for that sweet 300k DPS boost on the boots (I see a lot of people forget about the enchant, perhaps adding it as an optional upgrade in the guide might save you some time). Lastly, diving gear for more life, hope it goes well, as I'm sure everyone has felt that bad Divine RNG.

I will definitely take into consideration swapping trees into the more defensive one if I seem to struggle with deaths etc, I killed shaper for the first time ever using your build, at a lot earlier stage might I add, so these upgrades planned are very welcomed. Time to start reading through your guide on Uber Elder and watching some YouTube videos!

Once again major props to you for the amount of time you put into this guide and even individually helping people like me, definitely a saint of the community! I hope that I can achieve the goals I now have, thanks to you, in a timely fashion.

No problem! I'm always glad to help with anything phys wander related. I made this guide so that others can enjoy phys wanding too :) It always triggered me a bit when I saw the entire reddit community totally shit on phys wanders just b/c everyone thought it was either way inferior compared to ele or a total waste of time. So I guess that was my motivation haha, to gradually change the community's opinion.

I spent a long time on the guide b/c phys wanding was much less straightforward than ele wanders and had less room for error so I had to make things as crystal clear as possible so if someone failed I could have a clear conscience. I know every detail I neglected may result in tons of exalts being wasted so I'm always wary about that.

Anyways back on topic. I took your feedback and revised the boot section to include a heavy emphasis on getting that enchant. I've noticed a trend now with a lot of setups with pretty optimized gear but lacking those enchants, so I probably didn't emphasize it enough previously.

You may want to consider buying and enchanting several pairs of bubonics that way you might be able to make a bit of profit selling the ones you don't need. Otherwise continuously rerolling a single pair might not be worth your time. I'm sure 10% ele pen will sell for a bit as well as the %attack speed one, etc. It will also justify using Twice Enchanteds.

As for divining, I suggest you don't go overboard on that; just aim for high %life (7%) and average damage rolls will be ok; the tradeoffs are still worth it. Your Watcher's and Bubonics are the easiest to divine since there's very little drawback, especially since 35%+ hatred conversion roll is fine.

And wow it's impressive that you killed shaper for the first time with this build; as this is definitely not the easiest build to end-game boss with lol. But succeeding at shaper and hopefully uber elder (with some practice attempts) means you understand the mechanics enough to do it with probably any uber-elder viable build in the future :)
"
KreuzCroix wrote:
Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I tried to craft my own wand with no luck, so I will just buy one from poe.trade. I already saw one for 9ex (I didn't leveled completely my char yet to compare in PoB), so I'm asking for an advice if possible... Is this wand worth the 9ex or later I will have to upgrade to something with more pDPS?. The only concern about this wand is the pDPS.
This is the wand:

Thanks in advance!

Hey there sorry for the late reply; didn't notice your post on the previous page.

You may want to try pming the guy who posted on this thread from 2 page back as he was selling one for 5 ex last time I checked; it may have sold already but worth a try.

As for that listed wand, it's identical to the wand from my guide just poorly divined. I would avoid paying 9 ex for that as it's a ridiculous price. You should probably just wait until another identical one appears on the market and stick to poet's pen (cheap corrupted one?) in the meantime, unless of course you're swimming in ex and have an unlimited budget. If you saw the section under "league-starter guide", the wand is one of the later pieces to upgrade. In fact some people have done uber elder with just poet's pen. It's best to wait b/c there are bound to be ones cheaper than that with the same dps.
Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 9, 2019, 7:23:19 AM
Finally found some time to revise the helm + boots section of the guide. B/c GGG nerfed abyss jewels and introduced so many new gem setups for wanders, it has made rare boots a viable option for the build. Also added a new section under gearing titled "Inter-gear dependency and capping resists". This discusses a lot of stuff behind why some setups are so successful while others are bad and expensive. Hopefully this will help those less experienced with making better gearing decisions in the future.

I advise everyone take a quick read when they can.
Finally found some time to revise the helm + boots section of the guide. B/c GGG nerfed abyss jewels and introduced so many new gem setups for wanders, it has made rare boots a viable option for the build. Also added a new section under gearing titled "Inter-gear dependency and capping resists". This discusses a lot of stuff behind why some setups are so successful while others are bad and expensive. Hopefully this will help those less experienced with making better gearing decisions in the future.

edit: Shit I double posted on accident; someone please delete :S
Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 9, 2019, 7:24:11 AM
"
Enahkra wrote:

"Cons: You lose out on Vaal Haste + golem. This means for single phase bosses like Minotaur, Hydra, etc. this setup is worst for damage out of the three. But for longer boss fights like Uber Elder, Shaper, Chimera, it will probably be the best"

Talking about Shaper, you can have Vaal Haste up for all of his three phases and even if you deal only 3million dps, that's enough to phase him down. I've done him a lot of times this league and if you know when to use vaal haste, he will die really fast. Uber Elder I agree with tho. And Chimera has too few packs between phases to get another VH up ye. Fuk chimera.
"
Enahkra wrote:
No problem! I'm always glad to help with anything phys wander related. I made this guide so that others can enjoy phys wanding too :) It always triggered me a bit when I saw the entire reddit community totally shit on phys wanders just b/c everyone thought it was either way inferior compared to ele or a total waste of time. So I guess that was my motivation haha, to gradually change the community's opinion.

I spent a long time on the guide b/c phys wanding was much less straightforward than ele wanders and had less room for error so I had to make things as crystal clear as possible so if someone failed I could have a clear conscience. I know every detail I neglected may result in tons of exalts being wasted so I'm always wary about that.

Anyways back on topic. I took your feedback and revised the boot section to include a heavy emphasis on getting that enchant. I've noticed a trend now with a lot of setups with pretty optimized gear but lacking those enchants, so I probably didn't emphasize it enough previously.

You may want to consider buying and enchanting several pairs of bubonics that way you might be able to make a bit of profit selling the ones you don't need. Otherwise continuously rerolling a single pair might not be worth your time. I'm sure 10% ele pen will sell for a bit as well as the %attack speed one, etc. It will also justify using Twice Enchanteds.

As for divining, I suggest you don't go overboard on that; just aim for high %life (7%) and average damage rolls will be ok; the tradeoffs are still worth it. Your Watcher's and Bubonics are the easiest to divine since there's very little drawback, especially since 35%+ hatred conversion roll is fine.

And wow it's impressive that you killed shaper for the first time with this build; as this is definitely not the easiest build to end-game boss with lol. But succeeding at shaper and hopefully uber elder (with some practice attempts) means you understand the mechanics enough to do it with probably any uber-elder viable build in the future :)

Well you achieved your goal, because if anyone can read, then there is basically no way they can mess up, so need to worry about lost ex's :P Buying several Bubonic's is a great idea, I've just spammed 100 glaciers with part MF (Sadima's, thief's torment and biscos)and will be doing the lab runs in a bit! As for the divining of Bubonics and Watcher's Eye I completely overlooked the life rolls on them! Got both of them in one divive :D

If, when, I manage to kill Uber Elder I'll let you know! Thanks again, most fun build and process of coming to understand how everything works and fits together than I've had before.
"
WongBater wrote:

Well you achieved your goal, because if anyone can read, then there is basically no way they can mess up, so need to worry about lost ex's :P Buying several Bubonic's is a great idea, I've just spammed 100 glaciers with part MF (Sadima's, thief's torment and biscos)and will be doing the lab runs in a bit! As for the divining of Bubonics and Watcher's Eye I completely overlooked the life rolls on them! Got both of them in one divive :D

If, when, I manage to kill Uber Elder I'll let you know! Thanks again, most fun build and process of coming to understand how everything works and fits together than I've had before.

Haha thanks; good luck! It's a really fun and moderately challenging fight once you get the hang of it :P

"
NameMerken wrote:

"Cons: You lose out on Vaal Haste + golem. This means for single phase bosses like Minotaur, Hydra, etc. this setup is worst for damage out of the three. But for longer boss fights like Uber Elder, Shaper, Chimera, it will probably be the best"

Talking about Shaper, you can have Vaal Haste up for all of his three phases and even if you deal only 3million dps, that's enough to phase him down. I've done him a lot of times this league and if you know when to use vaal haste, he will die really fast. Uber Elder I agree with tho. And Chimera has too few packs between phases to get another VH up ye. Fuk chimera.

Ah yes you're right; I overlooked that; forgot how many mobs exist before each phase. I do tend to waste Vaal Haste though lol b/c I always want to try to instant phase shaper, but half the time he instantly enters bubble phase. Other times I wait on Vaal Haste and he goes into bubble phase a few seconds later, which makes me wonder if I could've phased him had I used Vaal Haste earlier.

Anyway yeah I removed Shaper from that description;point taken.
I am an absolute newbie and I haven't read through the build from start to finish so it is possible that my question actually is answered in the guide:
How do I equip a wand when I'm only investing points into intelligence later in the game?
Thank you in advance brother
"
I am an absolute newbie and I haven't read through the build from start to finish so it is possible that my question actually is answered in the guide:
How do I equip a wand when I'm only investing points into intelligence later in the game?
Thank you in advance brother

Hey there thx for expressing interest in the build. If you're new to the game I would highly recommend playing a different build that's more meta so you can have an overall positive experience. This build can be challenging to make even for intermediate level players, and has very little room for error and a pretty high build cost.

You should try looking in the Slayer section for a cyclone build b/c it's currently very meta and beginner friendly. Another option is Trickster w/ Essence Drain/Blight. If you really want to play a ranger, I would suggest looking for a tornado shot build. Any of these three would be a better starting point and make you not hate the game lol.

Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 9, 2019, 10:56:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info