[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

Hello, trying out this build and it's a blast so far! I've just got a quick question regarding the Lioneye's Fall and Lethal Pride jewels.

Since they overlap, do only one of the jewels apply at a time? When I mouse over "From the Shadows" it says "Increased damage with Bows", etc. but when I mouse over Claws of the Hawk it only has the added modifier from Lethal Pride. Do I need to move Lethal Pride for Lioneye's Fall to work correctly?
"
bluekitteh wrote:
Hello, trying out this build and it's a blast so far! I've just got a quick question regarding the Lioneye's Fall and Lethal Pride jewels.

Since they overlap, do only one of the jewels apply at a time? When I mouse over "From the Shadows" it says "Increased damage with Bows", etc. but when I mouse over Claws of the Hawk it only has the added modifier from Lethal Pride. Do I need to move Lethal Pride for Lioneye's Fall to work correctly?
Sadly yes, they don't work together:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628336/page/1#p22346380
Last edited by Viktranka on Oct 27, 2019, 9:31:28 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
bluekitteh wrote:

Sadly yes, they don't work together:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628336/page/1#p22346380

"
bluekitteh wrote:

That's unfortunate; I wasn't aware of this; I don't see why GGG doesn't allow a node to be affected by both jewels. I guess I'll make the edits to the guide to reflect this asap. Also just a heads up, you need to replace Herald of Purity or Herald of Ice with Hatred or else you are going to be missing out on a lot of damage. I suggest double checking the gem section just to be sure all your setups are correct.
Ah, thanks for the answer! I'll move things around.

I run with an aurabot who has a better Hatred which is why I have HoI instead :)
"
bluekitteh wrote:
Ah, thanks for the answer! I'll move things around.

I run with an aurabot who has a better Hatred which is why I have HoI instead :)

Ah very nice; well in that case I'd suggest either you or your aurabot run a Skitterbot + Bonechill setup. Aside from Hatred/Precision, Skitterbot + Bonechill is probably the best dps "aura", definitely better than anger or wrath if your aurabot is running those, and also provides reduced enemy action speed too like a mini temp chain
Last edited by Enahkra on Oct 28, 2019, 1:58:53 AM
"
Enahkra wrote:
Nice, and the fact that you did them with such a small life pool + no TOH is even more impressive. There's not many options for anointing. The only decent dps one that I see is Forces of Nature. Also, 1 ex is pretty ridiculous for a base that good; the ones I saw were like 3 ex+ and didn't have the high flat life...

Yea, from experience similar amulets to that one woop about twice every league for super cheap, last time I got a similar for 100c i think in the previous league. Something interesting about assassin, is that you have so much damage you really don't need to use the flasks. I can do a uber elder run without any utility flask probably. You really don't feel to much difference with and without. It might require a bit more skill because if you get hit you don't have the defenses from ToH and, depending on the setup, wise oak, but if you are decently comfortable with the fight assassin is pretty strong.

Another thing I don't remember if I mention is that I'm using pierce in my setup because the character was built to farm red blighted maps, and with pierce i can abuse the frost wall towers for insane damage output. And I gotta say it exceeded my expectations of doing uber elder with it since it was built purely for mapping. It's very possible to do it deathless with the exact same setup I had but I was kinda rusty, first uber elder I did in months was that video I posted and streaming at the same time makes it a bit laggy which doesn't help.

But overall really strong character, gotta thank you again for it Enahkra!
Last edited by z4ktan on Oct 28, 2019, 10:49:23 AM
Sadly the Lethal Pride takes priority over Lioneye's Fall so I've been wasting 6 points all these times lol, was curious where does my leech come from then?

Had to reroll again, after ~10 divines I got 4% life, end. charges on kill and some %strength/fire res so I guess that'll do for now (edit: now that I really think about it, end charge on kill is a waste, reroll i guess). Shame that we didn't know about this sooner but I guess better late than never, a good thing to learn from for future attempts.

The build still function amazingly tbh, my Lethal Pride was giving some life and 40% phys and I wasted 6 points for the claw wheel but I was still very tanky and put out lots of DPS. Now I have to somehow climb back up to 6k life again.
Last edited by oMySunshine on Oct 28, 2019, 1:04:12 PM
Just a quick question.

Doesn't Wave of Conviction do the same thing as Frost Bomb (apply cold exposure for -25% cold resistance)

If so, can I use Frost Bomb instead of Wave of Conviction? The wording on WoC always confused me, the line about them having to take the highest damage of the element to apply the exposure.

Any insight is greatly appreciated :D
Yes they do the same thing which is applying Exposure debuff but with Frost Bomb, there's a slight delay before the bomb goes off and apply the debuff, which can be hard to hit mobile bosses. With WoC, we can cast it and Exposure will take effect immediately, which is a lot more convenient. WoC has 25% fire and 25% lightning converted from phys and 50% leftover phys, with our phys to cold gear (gloves, watcher's eye), we will have 50% cold damage which will always be higher than the other 2 elements.
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Just a quick question.

Doesn't Wave of Conviction do the same thing as Frost Bomb (apply cold exposure for -25% cold resistance)

If so, can I use Frost Bomb instead of Wave of Conviction? The wording on WoC always confused me, the line about them having to take the highest damage of the element to apply the exposure.

Any insight is greatly appreciated :D

Pretty much what oMySunshine said.

The issue with Frost Bomb is that there is a short delay before exposure is applied, and you virtually never engage anything for super long periods of time. This means Frost Bomb exposure, if applied successfully, does so only towards the end of the fight. Wave of Conviction meanwhile applies near instantly, and because of how this build is structured, WoC always deals more cold than fire/lightning so cold exposure will always apply. This makes it superior to Frost Bomb in most situations, and always superior to Frost Bomb for cwdt/autocast setups.

"
oMySunshine wrote:
Spoiler
Sadly the Lethal Pride takes priority over Lioneye's Fall so I've been wasting 6 points all these times lol, was curious where does my leech come from then?

Had to reroll again, after ~10 divines I got 4% life, end. charges on kill and some %strength/fire res so I guess that'll do for now (edit: now that I really think about it, end charge on kill is a waste, reroll i guess). Shame that we didn't know about this sooner but I guess better late than never, a good thing to learn from for future attempts.

The build still function amazingly tbh, my Lethal Pride was giving some life and 40% phys and I wasted 6 points for the claw wheel but I was still very tanky and put out lots of DPS. Now I have to somehow climb back up to 6k life again.

Just wondering, which of the two jewels takes precedence? Is it the first jewel that gets socketed or is it always Lethal Pride?

"
z4ktan wrote:

Spoiler
Yea, from experience similar amulets to that one woop about twice every league for super cheap, last time I got a similar for 100c i think in the previous league. Something interesting about assassin, is that you have so much damage you really don't need to use the flasks. I can do a uber elder run without any utility flask probably. You really don't feel to much difference with and without. It might require a bit more skill because if you get hit you don't have the defenses from ToH and, depending on the setup, wise oak, but if you are decently comfortable with the fight assassin is pretty strong.

Another thing I don't remember if I mention is that I'm using pierce in my setup because the character was built to farm red blighted maps, and with pierce i can abuse the frost wall towers for insane damage output. And I gotta say it exceeded my expectations of doing uber elder with it since it was built purely for mapping. It's very possible to do it deathless with the exact same setup I had but I was kinda rusty, first uber elder I did in months was that video I posted and streaming at the same time makes it a bit laggy which doesn't help.

But overall really strong character, gotta thank you again for it Enahkra!

Very nice, thanks for the feedback on Assassin. I think it's a very strong option and if I hadn't gone Pathfinder I most likely would've chosen that ascendancy. Perhaps next league hmmm
Last edited by Enahkra on Oct 28, 2019, 2:03:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info