[3.6+] HOLYSHIT - Wave of conviction/Storm burst CwC 12+mil dps and 8,5k+ life

IMPORTANT!!!
Build is NOT complete, it is currently undergoing changes to accomodate for endgame hinders. I detected an error in the crafted staff for example that was just not possible to actually craft, skills are being swapped (Ditched divine ire for storm burst) and more changes to come.
Guide is put on hold since this league just isn't forgiving enough unless you have UBER movement speeds thru fragments... Another league this will rock the living shit out of it.

Build is based on the popular scion/meek/instinct combo and heavy focus on lightning damage and boosting it's ailmenting effect.
Much inspiration has come from this build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2331627
Shoutout to TheVengefulOne

This build is starter friendly and extremely scaleable. This means that the cost for the build ranges from zero to 100+ exalted depending on how exotic rares you craft/buy :)
I started this build and have ran it selffound excluding a 5L blue chest. and it's really smooth i must say.
Only issue has been sluggish castrate and interruptions at lower levels (25-50 i would say)

EDIT: Changed the build to implement "cannot be stunned" to aid with the CwC not being interrupted.
This means i opted for another route in tree and looking to roll/craft "cannot be stunned" mods on boots and gloves as a complement.
Was looking at using kaom's roots, but it wasn't going to be practical...
This means we maintain the decent runspeed (80%+) and get a easier time hitting those resistancevalues we want.

EDIT: Added an alternative build that uses Vaal pact. Small loss in life and dps (about 10% dps and 5% life)
It's PoB is located in the leveling section of the build, check it out!

Pro's
+Good life at 8,5K+
+Crazy high dps, 16m+ clear, and 12m+ shaper
+Decent clear, but not a cookie cutter clearer.
+Not alot of uniques to aim for, making it easy to scale this build from start.
+Hale negator added for extra safety (should mean we won't have a reason taking vaal pact)
+NOT being a templar and running around in underwear ^^

Con's
-Channeling locks us in place, that's why we want high castspeed = less time spent standing still
-Dependant on godly crafted rares
-Lifebased build
-Might be hard to balance out resistances while maintaining best dps mods on rares (lightning must be highest)
-Having to put up with scions crappy voiceacting...

2019-03-19 Currently at lvl 74 and breazing thru content. Current dps 300K with crappy selffound items mostly. Milestones where:
1. Wave of conviction
2. CwC with divine ire (feels clunky until casting is fast enough)
3. Raider ascendancy nodes from scion tree. Now i move and fire like a boss!
4. Getting "Avoid interrupt while casting/channeling to build" will increase your QoL by ALOT against those charging pesky stunning mobs.

Video section

Spoiler

Type a youtube adress here :P xx map with xx mods - Clearspeed video

Gear at Lvl

Currently @ lvl 67 (open tab)
Spoiler

Current dps 200K with almost only selffound gear.(crap gear)

What is this build about?
This is a build that focuses on midrange spellcasting with singletarget action and aoe gained automaticly thru CwC.
Shocking being the main focus here.

How we calculate dps
Spoiler
Use PoB, simple as that. Ingame tooltip has never worked in this game since there is to much variations to take into account.

Leveling
Spoiler

Gear choices while leveling to be inserted here

PoB link for tree and gear
https://pastebin.com/PFijFtNH - Use the scrolldown menu in the tree section to view the different stages of the leveling process.

https://pastebin.com/UnigxU2u - Alternative for the people who doesn't like the smallish lifeleech the game now offers...
Result is aabout 10% less dps and 5% less hp.

End of act 4 tree

End of act 5 tree

End of act 6 tree

End of act 7 tree

End of act 8 tree

End of act 9 tree

Endgame tree

Bandits and Pantheon
Spoiler
Bandits = Help Alira, we really need the resists and multiplier.
Pantheon = Arakaali is priority to boost the leech, and other choice is Garukhan or Tukohama, doesn't really matter.

Current gear

Spoiler

This is the gear i currently use

Jewels
Spoiler

Use this searchstring to find suitable jewels
http://poe.trade/search/nakitanikariri

How to play effectively and not die
Spoiler

Gameplay 101 for all the non pro's out there.

Black circle - You
Red circles - Mobs
Green arrows - Whirlwind direction
Beige/orange triangles - Cone of fire from your attacks
Blue arrows - Mobs projectile direction

IMPORTANT! Only attack with ONE click on tectonic (multistrike will make it a serie of 3 attacks) then move with whirlwind.
This way you are always safe, and you move the fastest you can thru an map.

Whirlwind - attack(one time), whirlwind towards next cluster - attack(always one time, remember?)
Rinse and repeat until map is done.

How to approach small clusters of mobs

How to approach large clusters of mobs

How a series of cluster are approached

Flask's

Spoiler

Divine - instant flask with anti bleed
Atziri's Promise
Vessel of Vinktar
Diamond flask - Duration and extra armor!
The Wise Oak

Gemchoices and levels

Spoiler

Weapon 1 - Wave of conviction 21/20-Divine ire 21/20-Physical to lightning 21/20-Controlled destruction 21/20-Concentrated effect 21/20-Empower 4-Increased critical strikes 21/20
(Before you get CwC in weapon the gem should take priority over inc.crit.strikes gem)

Helmet - Flame dash 14-Arcane surge 4

Gloves - Cast when damage taken 9-Immortal call 5-Frost bomb 1/20-Enfeeble 12/20

Boots - Wrath 21/20 -Blood Rage 1-Empower 4-Vaal righteous fire 20
(Herald of thunder takes priority over empower while leveling, and before "Aspect of the spider" is aquired on gear)

Auras

Use Wrath for the nice bonus it gives when you can afford an correct Watchers's eye jewel (choose Wrath mods, and -manacost with clarity if possible as a QoL)
We also include Herald of thunder until late endgame when we might have aspect of the spider on gear. (Then herald gets thrown out)

Curses

Enfeeble on CwDT. That's it really.

Early gameplay
Spoiler

From the start run staff or wands, whatever you find that has higher spell dps. And use any preferred spell really. Wave of conviction comes in act2.
Also try to get IRS boots and runspeed flasks if you can to speed things up.

Make sure you finish the quest "Mercy mission" asap, as this opens up the choice of gems.

Late gameplay

Insert new text, yada yada bla bla!

Spoiler
Now is the time to start getting as much crit chance in tree and gear as possible. The higher the chance, the better flow of dps we get. Inconsistency is a killer!(For you that is)
Multipliers are the end of endgame, get your resistances to max and Life up to 6K+
When you hit effective critchance 60+ you can just fly thru the content.
A few important items that are top priority!
1. Get that Hale negator and some abyss jewels in (Even a 1 socket and 4-5 jewels in tree/other gear will suffice)
2. Get your pots sorted out!
3. 6L chest!
4. Get a ilvl 75+ Eclipse staff to craft the lvl 20 CwC from. You can improve it later with more currency

Crafting your CwC staff

Spoiler
1. Get an ilevel 75+ shaped Eclipse Staff
- You should always attempt to 6 link it before proceeding to step 2)
- Use a perfect fossil or hillock's weapon quality bench
to get the quality to 28-30% and bench a 18% quality suffix (4 chaos)
to bring the total weapon quality up to (46-48%)
- This will make socketing and 6 linking a much cheaper process

2. Use alterations/ regals until you hit the Cast While Channeling (prefix) and the double damage(suffix)
3. Use beast craft to imprint the magic item with 2 mods . The beast you will need is the craicic chimera
4. Regal the magic item
5. Annul whatever mod that is added via the regal
6. If you succeed in annuling the mod you can proceed to step 7 else you will have to restore the item using the imprint and try again (back to step 3)
7. Simply multi mod the 2 mod rare item
- [Suffix] Can have multiple crafted modifiers [2 ex]
- [Prefix](64-75%) increased spell damage + Gain 12% of Non-Chaos damage as extra chaos damage [4 chaos]
- [Prefix] + 2 level of Socketed Support gems [1 ex]
- [Suffix] (29-36% chance to deal double damage while focused)[1 divine]

Rationale
Most people will go for the PCoC support prefix for the crafting of their shaped staffs but it is gonna be much more costly to do so.
Having to just obtain a prefix + suffix combo while doing the alt/regal part makes it much cheaper to craft as opposed to needing x2 prefix

It should be noted that a staff with PCoC will still clearly stronger (your dps will increase by roughly 15%)

If you are crafting with aetheric fossils and got the socketed spells deal 20% more dmg or land a + 2 lightning gem prefix ...those will work too in place of the + 2 support gem mod but it should be noted that the aetheric prefix will give you slightly less dmg

How do i go about crafting?
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Apr 3, 2019, 1:19:40 AM
Last bumped on May 7, 2019, 6:26:41 AM
Hello,
How the guide is going on?
Are you finishing?
I'm so waiting for this.
and.... thanks for all your work done.
"
lukas130673 wrote:
Hello,
How the guide is going on?
Are you finishing?
I'm so waiting for this.
and.... thanks for all your work done.

The build is put on ice since it just isn't quick enough to reliably reach the stabilisers inside tougher memory fragments. (Heck, my whirling 10attacks/sec champion almost doesn't make it thru all fragments fast enough if i take the wrong way)

The build itself is really solid and damage is extremely good.
With that in mind the leveling trees should focus more on HP and not dps until lvl 65-70+.
One problem i noticed midgame was that 0,2% leech isn't enough from gear. You need more and could therefore buy a bereks grip, or even buy some cheap jewels with elemental or lightning leech to compensate until your damage is high enough that 0,2% leech from one piece of gear is sufficient.

i WILL take this for another spin in a league that isn't as focussed as this one on extreme movementspeed since the playstyle is fun and the damage is excellent (Survive is good too with 8K+. Should even be able to ditch VP late game when you reach over 2K leech/s)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
"
How we calculate dps

Path of Building DPS does not account for the tick duration of the balls. It assumes the balls only hit once.

True DPS will need to be hand-calculated to account for duration modifiers.

What you need to do is look at Calcs tab "duration mod" and multiply your POB DPS accordingly.

If duration mod is between 1.00 to 1.33 = multiply by 4x
If duration mod is between 1.34 to 1.66 = multiply by 5x
If duration mod is between 1.67 to 2.00 = multiply by 6x
etc.
"
i3igpete wrote:
"
How we calculate dps

Path of Building DPS does not account for the tick duration of the balls. It assumes the balls only hit once.

True DPS will need to be hand-calculated to account for duration modifiers.

What you need to do is look at Calcs tab "duration mod" and multiply your POB DPS accordingly.

If duration mod is between 1.00 to 1.33 = multiply by 4x
If duration mod is between 1.34 to 1.66 = multiply by 5x
If duration mod is between 1.67 to 2.00 = multiply by 6x
etc.

That is true, and i used an already made google spreadsheet to calculate ball dips. As u mention there are skill duration tresholds, my tree give me just enough to "breach" the first treshold.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
I have decided to revaluate this build and am currently running it at lvl 80 without meeks and unnatural instinct.
Saving up for meeks currently, thou the sick pricing of unnatural instict is a turnoff, haha!
Just did uberlab and freed some passives when unlocking witch start.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
i ran something similar as a league start. i basically put it in an elder helm with conc effect for an easy 5L, coupled with cwc + infused channeling. then i also used storm brand in a pair of gloves with faster casting/crit multi, and pcoc support. i'd just keep storm brand up while channeling storm burst whenevr possible. ended up killing shaper relatively easy and with pretty garbage gear all things considered.

i rage deleted my character later for unrelated reasons but am interested to see how far you can take this as i didnt really try optimizing at all (pretty sure i had some lvl 19 gems when i killed shaper), and felt like it didnt work well against big hitting bosses (mino was esp rough)

edit - i agree finding another source of leech would help a lot as i felt hamstrung having to use a warlords mark ring (and not being able to use other curses)
Last edited by rozakk on Apr 9, 2019, 2:56:41 AM
Updated pob today and dps plunged 2mil/skill.
Something is wrong with latest patch as the castspeed for wave is not locked to 2.86 anymore.
I think that the calculation has dropped cwc from staff or something.

EDIT: CwC is definitely broken in the latest PoB patch (1.4.136)
If u unequip staff and manually select a 7link setup then CwC LOWERS dps, and adds manacost. Castrate isn't locked to 2,86 for the triggered skill either. So it is definitely broken atm.

Reason i discovered this is because i am planning on making an alternativt character with similar effect but skip the extreme costspikes that are related to scion and unnatural instinct.
The downside is gonna be no reflectimmunity for elemental damage...

Will laborate with a Trickster ES version also, since both of these ascendancies are capable of generating power/frenzycharges they are gonna check the box for QoL for the build.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Apr 9, 2019, 8:23:20 AM
PoB fixed ^^

I can now see the correct dps values and castspeed balances between the different versions i am currently testing.

The build variants are:

Scion Ascendant (Balanced option and best endgame) - 2x Meeks and 1x Unnatural instint = Expensive as hell (Thou should be best because of higher movespeed, highest overall dps and reflectimmunity)

Templar Guardian (Defensive option) - No expensive jewels, = cheap and easier league starter. Slightly lower dps and hp compared to scion (Storm burst is worse and castspeed is sluggish) and half movementspeed.
Pro's are getting in block, and a 30% regen every 5 sec and minions to distract mobs (doesn't even need to spend time casting them) and also the fact that you gain endurance charges to get better phys defence.
Best pro is "cannot be stunned" from bastion of hope, needs testing, but should be up almost permanently. Scion doesn't have stun immunity!

Shadow Trickster(Aggresive option) - No expensive jewels, but more costly gear than Guardian. Not an optimal leaguestarter, but of boy are you gonna like the 7 powercharges and the ramping dps from them ^^
Not being life means we save cost because we don't need 6L chest. and can instead get a lightning warp setup to compensate for the shortcoming of movementspeed.

Best pro is "cannot be stunned" from Escape artist, This will probably not be as stable as guardians version, since we might get hit a few times in a row and therefore loosing stun immunity. Scion doesn't have stun immunity!
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Apr 10, 2019, 6:44:17 AM
Running guardian version now.
Sold of meeks i had and this version is twice as solid as scion at 1/10 of the cost.
Really an all arounder 👍

Currently 76 and all charges are reliably up, and the stunimmunity works so much better than the scions.
This means that we don't need anti-stun on gear and tree as scion, and therefore reach same dps with much better sustain and ehp 👍

EDIT 2019-04-15: Now lvl 80,
have ran uber lab and elder guardians and T13 maps. All fine, thou the dps is a bit on the low side (currently sitting around 1mil)
I am running into a little bit of manaproblems if i am channeling for longer periods of time (20sec+) but i only need to make one teleport movement, then it is up again. Should solve itself with higher lvls and better manaregen.

Trying to get in more strength on gear right now so i can switch rings and get in call of the brotherhood for even more safety and freezes. The rings are getting costly now for upgrades, 1-2ex+ ^^
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Apr 15, 2019, 2:17:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info