Divine Ire

Played Divine Ire as an inquisitor (93? in synthesis), then trickster (93 in FB synthesis event), then totem hierophant (91? 92? in blight), and now once again trickster (almost 95).

It's THE most satisfying and fun skill in this game in my humble opinion. I also absolutely love the automaton MTX.
I would be deeply saddened if it gets nerfed, considering how much effort it takes to actually make it viable in endgame without either failing to deliver high damage, or frequently dying to ranged monsters while channeling. D.Ire has a lot of potential and can be build around any element. With the introduction of turbulent catalysts, it's possible to convert 96% lightning to cold. Also stormfire ring enables getting some sick ignites with a fully charged beam.
Considering the above, it's honestly quite a pity to see that every league the vast majority of DI builds are 200ex eternity shroud tricksters - abusing the shit out of "non-chaos as extra chaos" mod, and after that there are only a handful of cool/unique ones.

GGG, please make vaal divine ire! Let me blawwwwwrrrg mega satan's beam!
Would it be possible to make Divine Ire supportable by chain? Obviously just for the "strikes 5 nearby enemies when you gain a stage" part.
love this spell , please make a Celestial Divine Ire ! :P
nvm, delete this post
Last edited by Hollow_Ichigo on Sep 13, 2020, 11:24:41 AM
Hey,

was just wondering if it's intended, that the Divine Ire channeling portion does not hit Hydrospheres. Using both skills together would be pretty fun. :)
"
NoHomoSapien wrote:
Would it be possible to make Divine Ire supportable by chain? Obviously just for the "strikes 5 nearby enemies when you gain a stage" part.

Thinking of using divine ire for the new league with the buffs. Would really love if this worked so you could use the lightning mastery to help clear while charging.
Can this skill shoot off the weakest (Stage 1) beam if you just tap the skill button?
It'd feel a lot better, as right now it seems clunky even just doing a stage 1 beam.
I was looking to play a divine ire elementalist but the skill seems rather undertuned.

I mostly compare it to wave of conviction since that is also a physical spell people commonly use in ignite builds.

Divine ire
Effectiveness of Added Damage: 45%
254 * 6,7 base damage = 1701,8 @lvl 20
Beam deals 30% more Damage with Ailments per Stage after the first
19 * 30 = 570% more damage
Divine ire does 670% * 45% (base effectiveness) = 301,5

Wave of conviction
1845 added damage @lvl 20
Effectiveness of Added Damage: 330%
It also applies a pretty strong exposure

It seems like the fire and forget skill that is wave of conviction just does more damage than a fully loaded divine ire while also applying exposure.

Tuning doesn't prevent me from playing divine ire but I just wanted to make this post to show there are skills that can use buffs to make them more competitive options that feel good to pick.

While it's possible that new uniques or supports make divine ire stack up better against wave of conviction it seems very unlikely.

It would be great if you guys tried to identify potentially undertuned skills or ask the community for feedback on which skills could use a buff.

Thank you!
This skill looks cool, looks like it'll be useful. Until mlvl 80. This skill is used by less than 0.1% of players according to poeninja because it's so pathetically designed.

My Penance of Brand of Conduction with only Physical to Lightning Support does more damage, faster, than my 6-linked Divine Ire totem setup, with totem ascendancies in Hierophant.

Trash. Mad I wasted money on the MTX for this skill, its so terribly underperforming.

Can you refund my Celestial Divine Ire MTX and take it away? I'll never use it again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info