Bane

This post isn't the most organized but I tried slightly. Mostly just a stream of conciousness type of post. Take it or leave it.
Bane is definitely my favorite skill in the game and it's the main skill in my build. In fact, it's the *only* damaging skill in my build.
My bane has around 1.3M dps which is enough to easily farm my favorite content being breach, but I find myself wishing that I could boss with this skill.
I would have thought I'd have more damage considering that I'm investing in wither, gem levels, chaos damage, chaos dot multi, despair curse effect, enemies take increased damage via things like malediction, spell damage, and pain attunement.
Most, if not all builds that I see using Bane are also using Essence Drain or Toxic Rain or some other chaos skill that's just objectively better damage than Bane. I would like to do this on my build too I guess. But with 8 auras along with flame dash and shield charge, I just don't have an extra six sockets for another main skill to kill bosses. Sometimes I find myself looking forward towards PoE 2 when I can finally add a second damaging skill to my build so I can finally kill Maven in less than an hour.
I see many people saying that Bane should have the curse tag so it can work with Vixen's Entrapment or Bane should gain Doom. Those things would definitely improve bane. But here's what I think. What if curses affected all enemies equally? What if investing into curse effect actually helped you kill bosses? Why is it that investing into literally any kind of damage at all is more effective against bosses than curses, especially on an occultist which is a class literally designed to use curses? An elementalist can play doryani's prototype and make the boss have negative 100 lightning res right? So why can't I do that on my occultist?
And before you say "Well chaos has more ways to scale damage" I would like to preemptively rebutle this idea. Increased damage taken from wither and malediction can easily be exceeded with just bottled faith and vessel of vinktar and that's before you even consider the fact that shock exists. On top of this, an elementalist can use elemental weakness and conductivity for example. They have two curses that can lower enemy res but chaos builds only have one by way of despair and they even have exposure in addition to both of these curses.
Maybe the fact that curses have less affect on bosses wouldn't matter so much if chaos builds also had two curses *and* exposure *and* a chaos version of shock.
Even if I somehow found a way to get shock chance it wouldn't even matter because Bane does not hit so it can't inflict the shock anyway. And elementalist builds end up being more tanky along with all the damage because I can't leech. Sure Soulrend has es leech built in, but it only leeches from the hit portion of the damage which is just bad. And Essence Drain gives regen and I can take Zealot's Oath, but I don't like Essence Drain. I like Bane. I want to kill bosses with Bane.

9k Energy Shield, 38k Evasion Rating, 1.3M Bane Dps

#Gear
Crown of the Inward Eye
Shavronne's Wrappings
Atziri's Reflection
Presence of Chayula
Shaper's Touch
Skyforth Boots
Mark of the Shaper
Rare Iolite Ring
Rare Stygian Vise
Rare Opal Wand
Crimson Grand Spectrum x3
Two legacy Large Clusters with Misery Everlasting notables now at 40% Despair effect
Two Small Clusters with Energy from Naught notables

#Auras
Grace
Discipline
Malevolence
Purity of Elements
Clarity
Defiance Banner
Temporal Chains and Enfeeble with Arrogance.

My character is immune to Stun, Bleeding, Corrupted Blood, Maim, Hinder, All Elemental Ailments, Hexes
Chaotic chaos chaotically causes creations.
Last edited by SanguinePsy on Jan 7, 2022, 11:38:26 AM
#makeBaneACurseAgain

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Apr 7, 2022, 4:13:20 PM
Stacey, just thought of this. Bane. Transfigured Gems. Curse tag. BAM!

imagine i posted a political meme and it was removed, but it essentially asked you to do the above.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info