[3.6] Bane's Hater | Orb of Storms + WaveofConviction/DivineIre | CI | Crit | Curses

Do you not like meta builds?
Do you hate Bane more than you did Sunder and the Sunderboys?

Well, I've got something for you.

THE GLORIOUS ORB OF STORMS/WAVE OF CONVICTION OCCULTIST CI AND CRIT AND CURSES AND BURNING TOO

TO SHOW OFF THAT EVEN ORB OF STORMS WITH CURSE ON HIT IS BETTER THAN THIS SHITTY BANE

Ok, but let's start, seriously. (It's all just a banter guys ;>)

IMPORTANT: I'm only 88 lvl with it as of now, I'm conveniently, safely and quickly clearing rare t10 maps, but I didn't get to later content yet. I will update this thread once I'm sustaining red maps and I'll look how it looks with Elder Guardians and so on.

THE BUILD IDEA
Spoiler

Basically, you use Orb of Storms with curse on hit to clear maps. You use Wave of Conviction for bosses (not even the rares, cause orb takes care of them too, unless you have more monster health mod or highest tier maps).

PROS/CONS
Spoiler

Pros:
-Better than Bane in every aspect
-You can start league with it
-I believe it can be HC viable even with no modifications to it, but it wouldn't hurt get more es instead of dmg
-Quick and very convenient map clearing, it feels like totem arc but the totem is huge and cannot die. Wave is tricky to use but also a nice skill.
-You don't need to play meta build to have faster and as safe map clearing
Cons:
-None of course.

How it works?
Spoiler

Go Occultist, take full nodes for ES and full nodes for curses. Then you also go for crits in the tree and have 6 power charges after one pack of monsters thanks to the Assasin's Mark. This way with 35-40% crit chance on a skill you have about 70-80% of crit chance against cursed enemies, and you have a crit flask on the top of that.

With a 5-link chest you have 2 curses on enemy which give you 16% extra non-chaos as chaos from Ascendancy. At 6 link you can add some defensive curse, and you get 24% extra chaos dmg. You link Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Assasin's Mark - Conductivity - Chain Support - (6 link = another curse of your choice). You can get 2 additional curses and make a setup of Cast when Dmg Taken + Temporal Chains/Whatever curse you want to apply 3 curses.

What about the Wave of Conviction?

You run with 4-link Wave for first tier maps, which is perfectly enough. After you get some money, you buy a helmet that adds you another 2 links.

There are 3 support skills on helmets -- Less Duration, Concentrated Effect and Burning. I tried the Less Duration, it does add 20% more dmg, but it drastically lowers your AoE, so it's not worth it unless you want to play a melee caster build.

That's why we get Conc effet support + Burning support on elder helmet, link it in sockets with physical to lightning + spell echo/unleash/intensify + inc critical damage.

We use Stormfire ring to allow us to ignite with lightning dmg. That's how we make burning support useful. We do not need chance to ignite because crits do that. It's still not much, about 3-4k dmg per second of burning, but it really is handy if your boss don't allow you to attack often.

VIDEOS
Spoiler

MID TIER CONTENT
Spoiler

T9 40% more monster health, showing items and skills linked, typing shit
https://youtu.be/U0Y3GfLj1Xw

Casual Uber Lab run -- last phase Izaro killed with 2 Divine Ires.
https://youtu.be/0_6V4dW3Gpg
I did uber lab myself first try being around 77lvl. Used Wave of Conviction only, but I feel Divine Ire is now generally better for bosses, but it's only at highest levels. I feel like Wave is superior to Ire until about 85lvl.

Casual T9 Temple, shortest video if you just want to see build with not alking shit:
https://youtu.be/xTE5B3xRb2Y

END GAME CONTENT
Spoiler
END GAME CONTENT
T12 Reef -- testing Divine Ire instead of Wave
https://youtu.be/DhKmE4rAW2s
T13 Short Video -- Wave of Conviction
youtu.be/yGHyAP3Wp0I
T14 Primordial Blocks Corrupted 8 MODS
https://youtu.be/YkFPFrkAYhI

Links
Spoiler

CHEST:
Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Assasin's Mark - Conductivity - Chain Support - (curse of your choice)

HELMET:
Helm with Burning Damage Support and Concentrated Effect elder mods on it. SOCKETS: Physical to Lightning - Increased Critical Strikes - Unleash/Spell Echo/Intensify - Wave of Conviction.

For the movement speed you get Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane Surge and Phase Rush, cause why not. A good idea is to get poacher's mark as 3rd curse to get frenzy charges to boost phase rush, but it's required to get a 6-link for that because you don't want to swap it either with Conductivity or Assasin's Mark.

Lightning Golem, Discipline, Zealotry

ANYWHERE:
Cast when Damage Taken + Defensive Curse (I use Temporal Chains).
The above is most useful when you have 5-link OoS and apply only 2 curses, but have 3 curses limit. It allows you to sometimes apply 3rd curse.

Path of Building Link / Tree
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/EHxzQgSZ

Notice I am experimenting with es leech. You can drop those nodes and go for something else, more dps, defences, it's on you.

ALSO! I have 3 nodes to get an additional curse, which I don't need most of the time. I do it for convenience, because I can quickly swap my Chain to Temporal Chains to get 3 curses instead of 2, it's better for bosses and a single quick swap. If you are sure you are fire with 2 curses, get these nodes later and get something more useful.

Required uniques?
Spoiler

Stormfire, but not really. I use it to make Burning support on helmet more useful and it feels good to use. You don't need to do that, but if you drop Stormfire you don't need to get Burning Support elder mod on helmet.

And Carcass Jack, but also not really, it doesn't give you a ton of dps to justify going for 200es instead of 500 in end game, so you can choose the second option if you prefer.

Why you don't have Vaal Disci, why no Immortal Can setup?
Spoiler
I'm too lazy, but most likely I will. I know about those things, don't worry.

Swap to Divine Ire?
Spoiler
Here
https://youtu.be/RIkGS4MtVY4
You just swap Spell Echo/Unleash/Intensify for Infused Channeling. Then you swap the skill. 2 gems swap.

I just want to show the build works good with both WaveofConviction and Divine Ire. You can play either, although I like Wave much more for leveling.
Last edited by KappaKnight on Mar 13, 2019, 11:12:10 PM
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2019, 11:36:15 AM
Heylo.
If you're going CI - why take the 3 hp/mana nodes above Witch start instead of the crit and get another 2 points?
Instead you can take the 2 point jewel to the right of Witch start.
Hi,
initially I took the mana/life nodes, because I wanted to have more mana and connect the Lightning walker and Arcanist's Dominion as I was leveling (so life was also useful), because I didn't go crit as it's not that good for leveling. Then I comepletely forgot about it until you noticed it :D

These nodes give as much mana as, for instance, the Deep Thoughts a bit higher in the tree and and they grant some regen and int on top, so you are entirely right. I will update the tree. I am struggling with mana so I don't think I can give up this stat as of now, so instead I will connect it with the crit and then go for Deep Thoughts with the remaining 2 points.

Later when I get more currency, I will work towards fixing my mana problems ( can't cast Wave of Conviction for too long). Probably some Enlighten and some stats on items to help it, we'll see.

Tree is far from perfect yet so thanks for your comment!
Last edited by KappaKnight on Mar 13, 2019, 6:57:18 AM
This build looks pretty fun. Do you have any suggestions on leveling? Did you level with this combination, or did you level with something else and switch at some point?

Edit:
I ended up mostly using wave of conviction to level. The orb of storms doesn't really work until you get the third ascendancy point allowing the chain reaction of exploding.

I'm level 86 now and really liking this build. It can clear pretty quickly and also can kill the boss fairly quickly as well (although mana does run out quickly). The three energy shield leech nodes at the left helps a bunch. I ended up not taking the far right leech nodes nor the power nodes and instead I took the minion wheel to the left (up to spiritual aid) and also a couple jewel slots.
Last edited by Vylkin on Mar 17, 2019, 11:26:17 PM
I leveled with this. I rushed ES ascendancies to get CI, but it wasn't that bad in terms of dmg, just enough to get through the content conveniently. If you get the curse ascendancies first you are good with dmg but it slows your CI a lot -- until you get to uber lab. Overall if I would have to reroll it I would go the same as I did, so first ES ascendancies and then curses, using these skills right as I get them.

When it comes to the tree, as you start get the left side for spell dmg/cast nodes. As you progress, get the es/life nodes to the right for tankiness. Avoid taking crit at the first levels, so skip all of these nodes until maps/act9/10.

In short, you focus on getting mid and right side of the tree I sent minus the crit nodes, and then you complete the right side slowly as you progress thorugh last acts.
Last edited by KappaKnight on Mar 13, 2019, 11:37:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info