[3.6] Tanel's CI Occultist BANE + DEATH´S OATH w/ Blight & Essence Drain CHEAP SUPER STRONG STARTER!

"
m0rd3cha1 wrote:
Hey there, cool build, im playing something similar! Im kinda New to playing CI tho, why do some people Pick zealots oath and some, like you, dont? Is zealots oath Wörth picking up as occultist? Does it make a difference in bossfights?

Thanks!

Also: im currently on the go, so I cant access pob. Do you use spreading rot or wither Totem at all? If Yes, which one and why?

Well it really depends do you have enough regen for it to matter? Feel free to try it out. Build is very flexible.
I have spreading rot jewel in the PoB but atm I don´t have it, I don´t have any jewel sockets taken yet :D but it would be eighter that or a nice ES chaos multiplier jewel.. or insane watchers eye.

Also when you go the Spiritual Aid route (like I have) then Zealots Oath is just 1 point away... so for sure try it out if you think you have enough regen :)

edit: ALRIGHT, I finally updated the first post with GEAR and extra INFO and THOUGHTS behind them! :)

edit2: Added gems and links aswell :)

edit3: Added a quick gameplay video, 4k footage so will take time to render :P but shows off how the build works early on with BANE alone prettymuch.
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Mar 14, 2019, 8:14:05 PM
BANE:
Bane-Despair-Enfeeble-Efficacy-Swift Affliction-Controlled Destruction

I want to start by saying that I am only a few days into playing this game so go easy please.

I am having trouble understanding the gem section. Is the gem section broken up into different builds? I don't understand having the bunch of different skills stuck together in one item. Does having different skills link together mean that they all go off at once? I can't find anyone describing linked together skills on a single item going off all at once.

If your build requires max level to make skill gems go off together could you make a note on what gems are good for leveling?

Tank you for your time.
"
dieing25 wrote:
BANE:
Bane-Despair-Enfeeble-Efficacy-Swift Affliction-Controlled Destruction

I want to start by saying that I am only a few days into playing this game so go easy please.

I am having trouble understanding the gem section. Is the gem section broken up into different builds? I don't understand having the bunch of different skills stuck together in one item. Does having different skills link together mean that they all go off at once? I can't find anyone describing linked together skills on a single item going off all at once.

If your build requires max level to make skill gems go off together could you make a note on what gems are good for leveling?

Tank you for your time.

Bane in particular can apply one or more curses (depending on passive talents). Despair and Enfeeble in this case are both applied by Bane, while Efficacy, Swift Affliction, and Controlled Destruction are all suport gems.

For further reading I would HIGHLY suggest you check out https://sites.google.com/view/thetwilightstrand . It has a lot of good beginner info on all of the game mechanics.
trade essence drain for soulrend is viable ?
"
DEOXYSQ wrote:
trade essence drain for soulrend is viable ?

You can try but ED is much better damage and we already clear the screen with Bane.
Mathils actual cat
I'm wondering why you take all the minion nodes?
Thanks for answering :)

Edit: Found the answer in the guide, sorry.
Last edited by Rottenbeer on Mar 16, 2019, 7:26:09 PM
So quick update, still don´t have my DO in SSF :( but I don´t play that much right now so can´t complain. Starting a few other builds aswell :)
Trying Shock Nova out cause it got massivley buffed and I think it might work very well hand casted but also easyily be converted to a powerful CoC :)

Anyway I saw RaizQT playing a very similar build. He died on it at lvl98 just yesterday but kind of confirms how strong this build really is in the endgame farming. Just run around really quick and everything dies near you and spam BANE when anything lives.

Just that I like to still have my ED and Blight in this build so single targets will get some serious dot damage while us staying far away from the enemy.
Also I like to use cheap uniques that gives us nice buffs to curse or chaos gems, imo works very well.
a 2H Staff is good cause we can have a 6link Bane and 6 socket DO in the end game but Bane in 4link Curse buffed item is almost as good :) cause we can use eighter two poweful wands etc or a wand and shield for nice defensive stats aswell!

Eber's Unification helmet costs around 15c right now, decent ES aswell ontop of -20% Chaos Resistance to enemies when we use any skill! So if in trade league, get it :)
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Mar 18, 2019, 1:05:29 AM
Hello.
First of all thanks for the hard work putting on this guide.

I am trying to follow most of the tree, and gear.
I am lvl67, started farming Belly of the Beast and Rotten Core for the Oath cards.
But something came to my attention this morning that I didn't notice before.
How do you actually equip Death's Oath which has a STR requirement of 180?
Using the following items

I barely get 105 STR.
Do we have to fork a bit in the tree and take the big +30 STR nodes?

Also, at what point would you recommend going CI?
Right now I have 3.5k ES when using Discipline (and already got Vile Bastion).
Last edited by Sennah on Mar 19, 2019, 9:39:31 AM
What's the recommended gem setup to use for the build?
Currently I'm using the following:

1) I don't have the Immortal Call setup and also not the spell totem and I wonder if I should include it?
2) Did I include Arcane Surge properly into my build? So I take the lvl 1 gem into the Flame Dash link and a high level one into the DO?
3) What else should I improve next regarding my gear?

Thanks for your help and great build btw!
For CI you must have at least 5 k ES. Better is 6 k :)

I have same problem with strenght for armor.

I also didn't see that before. Bad for me.

Last edited by Miskolin on Mar 19, 2019, 5:08:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info