How long does it take to unlock account ?

Hey guys, 2 days ago my acc (another one) got hacked, which I mailed to GGG and the acc got almost insta locked with email saing that + info what should I do and reply back (which I did twice)to get my acc unlocked. But here we are two days after with no action or reaction from GGG.
Should I wait any longer or whats the deal here ?
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2019, 11:25:18 PM
Hi there,

We're currently experiencing a high demand for customer support since the launch of Synthesis League. The customer support team are working as quickly as they can to respond to all emails we have received.
Hi Stacey, thank you for reaching out. I do understand the high demand, I'll be patient. Email from my main adress was sent.
Appreciate the help.
Well its over a week now, still have my account locked :/

Not sure what does feel worse whether its get hacked or have to wait so long for such a simple task (And playing on a new acc without stash tabs etc..just to fill the waiting). Especially when after my first email about hacking my account was locked within 10 minutes, but unlocking it back takes more than a week and counting ? #FeelsBadMan

Last mail I got from Stacey at wednesday 13.3. says that I should get a response from a team "today".. I didn't neither from Stacey since then.
Last edited by Fanat1XX on Mar 18, 2019, 2:21:18 AM
Man, reading this and being in the same situation is just so frustrating. I've been in contact with them for over a week now and since friday everything should be resolved. But even before that I tried several times to talk to support people again after they send me an email asking for more infos. The last email was on monday, the 11th. Since then nothing.

Since friday I wrote some more emails, some from my main account and some from a different email account. The funny thing is that on my other account, the one not affiliated with a PoE account, I got the automated email that they experience a high amount of tickets at the moment etc etc. On my main email I didnt receive anything, which leads me to the guess that they maybe just block emails regarding locked accounts for a while.

Locked accounts probably just get pushed back every time they get a message about it. Literally everything else is more important than that, even if it would take them less than 30 seconds to verify everything and unlock the account again. That is just my guess though, I dont know if they really work like that.

But I'm going to send stacey an email now, maybe she will be able to help me. If not, well, then I dont know what to do. I had to contact GGG support a few times already, but this is the first time regarding a locked account. The other issues were resolved extremely fast, in a matter of hours. That this is taking over a week now ist just unacceptable. Back in december there was a huge outcry because a lot of people got banned, chris apologized a week later and said they are going to hire more people for customer support. I guess that did not happen yet.
What can I say.. Its a shame. This is not how they should treat their players and supporters. To not act or caring about us won't bring more coins into their pockets right. To be clear I do not regret supporting them (over 2K$) but it feels like they let us down for being good to them.

If their support team is really that overwhelmed, they should hire new staff ASAP. They cant handle 3x more players with the same team as 2 years back.
"
Fanat1XX wrote:
What can I say.. Its a shame. This is not how they should treat their players and supporters. To not act or caring about us won't bring more coins into their pockets right. To be clear I do not regret supporting them (over 2K$) but it feels like they let us down for being good to them.

If their support team is really that overwhelmed, they should hire new staff ASAP. They cant handle 3x more players with the same team as 2 years back.

During Betrayal there where message from Chris that they actually did hire more people to support team, but it doesn't seem to have changed much for how long time some people have to wait during this league to resolve issues. As always it takes time to train new staff members, but even so one could expect a bit more speed in resolving issues this league.

Maybe it something more going on in the background that we don't know about like higher volume of false messages (spam?) to sort out, more bots or some technical issues that make it hard for support to keep up with all incoming mails?

//RexyCat
Hi Rexy, thanks for your insights

"
RexyCat wrote:

Maybe it something more going on in the background that we don't know about..

I mean if that would be the case they would and should say that. Worse they can do is the current state of silence.

If I would treat customers in the company I work at like that, well there would be no more customers you know what I mean ?

Thats not how you take care about your community and supporters. Im starting to be kinda upset about all of this. They dont need to train anyone to unlock accounts. Theres nothing to decide or any kind of special action needed.

And after all if their own community manager tells me (in the email communication) "I apologise for the delays with this, but you should expect a response from the support team today" and it just won't happen, what should I be thinking about them ?

Today I bought a 30$ supporter pack, not to support them but to buy a stash tabs because its such suffering to play without map and currency tab.
Thats a 30$ thrown from a window because this is a temporary acc I wont play on when my main gets unlocked. And I wont even have that supp pack on my main :D Thats funny isn't it.
Last edited by Fanat1XX on Mar 18, 2019, 4:12:28 PM
Nothing going on in the background.

The litteraly have 18 support staff (as you said chris mentioned maybe hiring some more support staff but as far as i could tell it was purely down to it being a double whammy of the xmass holidays and a league start...those staff would not be permanant)

As it is every league start they have thousand of support requests that require a little more than basic support...that takes time for each one, it snowballs.

It also dosen't help if the person looking for help is impatient and starts trying to bump their ticket, which only puts them to the end of the queue each time.

Staff are not cheap and most of the problems that take time are self inflicted (hacked, forgot email, locked out of email, botting, scamming)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I have to agree with Fanat1xx here. Like I said in another thread, it should NEVER(!) take 7 days or even more to reply to stuff like that. As far as I know costumer support should reply to already open tickets faster than to new tickets. But since we all have to deal with locked accounts they probably just dont care that much. If you want to buy something and have problems or want to upgrade something through steam you probably get an answer within one hour.

The thing is that my problem is also already solved. There is nothing more I can do except wait. They just have to look over it and unlock my main account. I was in contact with the support team here in the forums and they also said sorry for the delay, and Al gave my email a bump. Apparently that bump didnt help at all because that was saturday and now its monday evening. My account got locked on the 7th, one day before the league, since then I received 4 emails total, the last email was 7 days ago.

Treating customers like that is just very bad imo. I remember back in december when the "Ban wave" happened, there was a huge public outcry on reddit with a thread reaching 10k upvotes because a journalist was involved in that shit. Thats where chris said they gonna hire more support and be faster about that, but he also admitted that locked accounts are very low on the customer support list.

All in all, I really hate the waiting. My main account is here since 2013, I spend several thousand € on the account. Getting treated like that just shows me that they probably have zero respect for long time players, even if you keep spending money.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info