vixen's entrapment and bane clarification

Hello Exiles!

Found an interesting interaction with the new vixen's entrapment gloves, and also bane with multiple curses attached.

It seems if you put 3 curses on bane directly(in my tabula lets say), the visual representation on enemies doesnt show more than one, as if the bane casts only one curse on the enemy* (i have 3 curses available to apply to the enemy via items and skills)

So with that in mind i attempted to place a bane, temp chains, and enfeeble in my vixens gloves thinking it might cast bane buffed up with the other two curses. this obviously doesnt work, so i took the bane out to try to at least gain 2 extra curses from the glove trigger.

It seems that this doesnt work either. the visual aoe effect goes off around my character that the curses are blasted out, but the bane + despair seems to overwrite the enfeeble and temp chains. the little symbol doesnt appear overhead on the enemies... just doesnt seem to be working as it reads. maybe its just a visual thing, maybe not! would be good to get some info/clarification on how its intended to work!

Thanks <3 ghon
Last bumped on Jan 3, 2020, 6:20:47 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The same thing is happening to me, and I'm noticing significantly less damage. Maybe I'll just slot Soulrend into those gloves, haha.
I have a similar problem. I have Temp Chains and Despair in my bane setup and Poacher's Mark and Enfeeble in the gloves. I get no Frenzy Charges from the Poacher's Mark while mapping but on bosses when I cast, it will show that it's affected by all 4 visually.

Edit: I figured out my issue. It was also linked to my Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call. I remember Mark saying that a gem will be cancelled out if linked to multiple triggers.
Last edited by TheBohster on Mar 12, 2019, 9:59:33 PM
"
Ghonosyph wrote:
Hello Exiles!

Found an interesting interaction with the new vixen's entrapment gloves, and also bane with multiple curses attached.

It seems if you put 3 curses on bane directly(in my tabula lets say), the visual representation on enemies doesnt show more than one, as if the bane casts only one curse on the enemy* (i have 3 curses available to apply to the enemy via items and skills)

So with that in mind i attempted to place a bane, temp chains, and enfeeble in my vixens gloves thinking it might cast bane buffed up with the other two curses. this obviously doesnt work, so i took the bane out to try to at least gain 2 extra curses from the glove trigger.

It seems that this doesnt work either. the visual aoe effect goes off around my character that the curses are blasted out, but the bane + despair seems to overwrite the enfeeble and temp chains. the little symbol doesnt appear overhead on the enemies... just doesnt seem to be working as it reads. maybe its just a visual thing, maybe not! would be good to get some info/clarification on how its intended to work!

Thanks <3 ghon

Hoping the below will clarify everything:
- If Bane is not socketed in Vixen's Entrapment, Bane can trigger curses socketed in Vixen's Entrapment
- If Bane is socketed in Vixen's Entrapment, other curse skills cannot trigger Bane
- Bane's damage bonus from curses is based on the curses linked to Bane, curses that are triggered from Vixen's Entrapment will not increases Bane's damage when you cast Bane
- If Bane is socketed in Vixen's Entrapment and you also have curses socketed in there, Bane will not trigger those curses as those curses now have 2 different triggers (Bane and the mod on the gloves)
Then next patch needs to remove text (trigger curses) from vixens glvoes, or add text (does not trigger bane) as bane is a curse, and vixens gloves triggers curses, such a waste...
"
funisimo wrote:
Then next patch needs to remove text (trigger curses) from vixens glvoes, or add text (does not trigger bane) as bane is a curse, and vixens gloves triggers curses, such a waste...

bane is not a curse its a debuff and a trigger for curses.
deleted
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"
Last edited by coyd on May 29, 2019, 5:36:10 PM
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
Ghonosyph wrote:
Hello Exiles!

Thanks <3 ghon

- If Bane is not socketed in Vixen's Entrapment, Bane can trigger curses socketed in Vixen's Entrapment
- If Bane is socketed in Vixen's Entrapment, other curse skills cannot trigger Bane
- Bane's damage bonus from curses is based on the curses linked to Bane, curses that are triggered from Vixen's Entrapment will not increases Bane's damage when you cast Bane
- If Bane is socketed in Vixen's Entrapment and you also have curses socketed in there, Bane will not trigger those curses as those curses now have 2 different triggers (Bane and the mod on the gloves)

(This is a no anger post, just emphasis and curiosity)

I only have about 3500 hours clocked into Path of Exile and I have a few things to say about this.

Bane is an ACTIVE SKILL ...
If bane is not a """"""curse""""" skill...
Why for the love of god does it say "CURSE" at the top of the skill gem ?

This goes for ****INFERNAL LEGION**** as well. Such a pointless gem with descriptors at the top that are MEANINGLESS. If I can't scale fire damage, DON'T PUT FIRE AT THE TOP. Or at least provide self or other coloring.

I do not like to follow BUILDS and I like to buy and gear my character according to what you guys label at the TOP of your gems.
TOP... OF... YOUR... GEMS..........

Can you guys pleaaaaaaase CLEAN up your gems or at the very LEAST.... put explanations in the game. I can't believe how many hundreds of hours I have wasted on the game in hopes that I will be able to make a skill gem setup work and then find out it does not, because REASONS... no explanation, just some random reason like you listed above ^^^^

If I put INCREASED AREA OF EFFECT or CONCENTRATED EFFECT gem in VIXEN's ENTRAPMENT with one curse, and cast a separate curse, it INCREASES or DECREASES the area of effect.

Your explanation above is INCONSISTENT.
*** Edit***
Especially since I can cast BANE and it triggers the gloves and socketed curses, and even spell cascade
/*** Edit ***

BANE is a CURSE SKILL, it is an ACTIVE SKILL, and it is a CURSE skill.
BANE seems bugged
Bane is NOT reading the connected gems before casting.
Curses ARE reading the gems before casting.

Last edited by haleabus on Sep 15, 2019, 6:57:47 PM
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
Ghonosyph wrote:
Hello Exiles!

Thanks <3 ghon

All this, unless Bane is unable to trigger linked curses because of level requirements.

If Bane is linked in gloves, but cannot apply said curses because of level requirement, Vixen will trigger them normally (but Bane will get no duration nor damage boost).

Also, if Bane is in gloves, but not linked with curses, they will trigger; regardless of levels requirements of Bane. (Still, no dmg boost, but meh, a trigger is a trigger).

I used this trick once cause I failed to level a side-Bane and all my curses were messed up when I switched a couple gem socket. This trick allowed me to use Bane + Vixen (1 click, 3 curse) while the Bane was leveling up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info