[Fixed] spell cascade doesn't work with icestorm anymore when using CwChanneling

Mark has stated before that cascade isn't intended to support any triggered, including cast while channeling spells. (though the post is a year old and maybe their stance has changed on it since).

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Spell Cascade is not supposed to be able to support any triggered skills. There are limitations that prevent Cast While Channelling from making supported skills count as triggered in the way other trigger effects do (because it also supports the channelled skill), which we hope to fix in fuutre. I'm not sure what would be up with Poet's Pen, but have noted it down.

Personally, I'd like to see channeled skills be able to be cascaded (atziri triple flameblast, anyone?)
Last edited by biyte on Mar 15, 2019, 1:41:59 AM
"
biyte wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see channeled skills be able to be cascaded (atziri triple flameblast, anyone?)

That would be 'channelling' skills, not 'channelled'. Icestorm is not a channelling skill, it's channelled by Winter Orb (or Scorching Ray in the fire version). I totally don't see why SC was not supposed to work with channelled skills. Having to use CwC is enough of a drawback already. And again, it has been working for over a year. Mark really should reconsider that old statement.
Up, please fix !
Bump so to not forget about it.
Still waiting on a decision here? This is incredibly disappointing.
They placed it as high priority bug and it's supposed to be fixed so i assume that they are just gonna make it work again?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
biyte wrote:

That would be 'channelling' skills, not 'channelled'. Icestorm is not a channelling skill, it's channelled by Winter Orb (or Scorching Ray in the fire version). I totally don't see why SC was not supposed to work with channelled skills. Having to use CwC is enough of a drawback already. And again, it has been working for over a year. Mark really should reconsider that old statement.

Sorry, sounds like an mis-interpretation. Could I say channeled and channeling are just different tenses of same thing: channel, or channeling skills as they are known.
In your example, Icestorm is neither channeled nor obviously channeling. It is triggered, as stated right in the support gem.

Though In general I don't really have a problem either with letting spells be cascaded when triggered via cwc aside from inconsistency, just pointing out the mass upset about this is in the end "i want this" and probably less "this is a bug".
I"m glad GGG is finally going to fix this. How long though ? How long does it take to fix something that has already worked the 5 previous leagues ?
Last edited by Ratedetar on Mar 19, 2019, 9:41:17 AM
"
sickncool wrote:
They placed it as high priority bug and it's supposed to be fixed so i assume that they are just gonna make it work again?

Looks like they've removed it from that list now...
Wow they did, they're really enjoying jerking us around on this one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info