[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

Patch notes have pretty much confirmed what I thought - this build doesn't have to change much for 3.7 and will be my league starter for sure.

Immortal Call is definitely staying in my build since the cooldown is quite short and it'll now offer some defense against elemental damage instead of only physical (plus we generate free charges to increase our physical reduction and duration when it does proc). I suspect Increased Duration will now impact the duration as well making it a nice solid defensive boost.

The main nerfs this build will get compared to 3.6 are the loss of Circle of Anguish rings (obviously a very large damage loss compared to Essence Worm + any other ring) and the loss of some mana due to the removal of the Inspiration notable behind Mind Over Matter. A new notable has been introduced above Mind Over Matter called Insightnfulness; it's a 4-point cluster and a hybrid mana/ES line. Unfortunately we don't really have better options that I can see and we will need the mana if we want to fully protect HP with a 40% Mind Over Matter split, so it'll probably get taken. We'll lose 1 skill point going from 3 to 4 points in that exchange, but no points lost from the routing at least (though we have to exchange a Dexterity node for an Intellect node which is not ideal).

Obviously, just like with Synthesis we'll have to see what new items may wind up impacting the build after league starts; there is already a decent possible spot for a Historic jewel next to Pain Attunement that we already take and would not have too high of a price (we should only currently be taking Nimbleness and Melding in that jewel's threshold radius which aren't the most impactful nodes to have to account for), which is nice in case one of the Historic jewels turns out to be very strong for us.

I'll be updating the guide tomorrow, sometime after the gem information has been posted. I think I'll also record a video guide for this before league start just to have it out there with up to date information for Legion.
Thank you
Synth was my first season, and I loved this build all the way through, great job. Are you going to update it with the new talents on POB?
"
Wallach wrote:

The main nerfs this build will get compared to 3.6 are the loss of Circle of Anguish rings (obviously a very large damage loss compared to Essence Worm + any other ring) and the loss of some mana due to the removal of the Inspiration notable behind Mind Over Matter. A new notable has been introduced above Mind Over Matter called Insightnfulness; it's a 4-point cluster and a hybrid mana/ES line. Unfortunately we don't really have better options that I can see and we will need the mana if we want to fully protect HP with a 40% Mind Over Matter split, so it'll probably get taken. We'll lose 1 skill point going from 3 to 4 points in that exchange, but no points lost from the routing at least (though we have to exchange a Dexterity node for an Intellect node which is not ideal).

Looking at the new tree clusters if you take the generic mana nodes near Deep Thoughts, Soul Siphon and Arcane will you only lose like 300~ mana according to my PoB and it doesnt require any extra routing.
"
dizzyhippos wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:

Looking at the new tree clusters if you take the generic mana nodes near Deep Thoughts, Soul Siphon and Arcane will you only lose like 300~ mana according to my PoB and it doesnt require any extra routing.

Yeah if you aren't stacked as high in flat life on gear and don't need quite as much mana you can take the floating mana minors we leave behind. Since Insightfulness doesn't actually require additional points to route by though I'm planning on picking it up; it's slightly more efficient per point just in terms of mana, and you pay the one additional point for 25% ES and 10 Int which I think is worthwhile. You will likely need the mana anyway, since even with Insightfulness in the gear I had from Synthesis I cannot quite protect my entire life globe.

I've also changed the remaining routing very slightly (dropping Coordination for Will of Blades, dropping Shamanistic Fury altogether) and making a few other changes like bringing Combustion back into the GL as at some point the 29% more multiplier winds up outpacing Added Fire Damage (likely due to the amount of other Physical Added as Fire we can now stack on gear). Totems really could use a generic "Totem Damage Support" option like traps has.

Edit - Guide updated now, check OP for latest PoB link!
Last edited by Wallach on Jun 6, 2019, 5:40:51 AM
Alright, the Legion guide update should be ready to go. I'll probably have a video guide out within the next 24 hours, but all the information needed is already here in the forum guide.

As with Synthesis, this is a living guide and will be updated as Legion league gets explored and new items are discovered. While I don't think we're going to get nearly as lucky as in Synthesis with the crazy Cirlce of Anguish rings, we may find something juicy in the Historic jewel keystones.

Even if Legion offers nothing in particular in terms of new items, I feel like this is one of the strongest league start builds I've ever put together, and should pretty handily carry you from league start through Uber Elder about as easily and conveniently as one could ask for.

I'll be streaming league start with this build myself starting Friday so if you're not convinced feel free to drop by the stream and check it out. I'll be trying to get through at least Shaper as quickly as possible this league as I feel like there's going to be a lot of currency to be made farming him between Starforge demand and increased rarity of Solstice Vigil. Not to mention I never did find that Celestial hideout...
"
Wallach wrote:
I'll be streaming league start with this build myself starting Friday so if you're not convinced feel free to drop by the stream and check it out.

Can i have a link to your twitch please.
"
Sagruf wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
I'll be streaming league start with this build myself starting Friday so if you're not convinced feel free to drop by the stream and check it out.

Can i have a link to your twitch please.

Sure, you'll find it here. I won't be streaming until league start on Friday though. You'll see a Twitch icon on this thread when I'm online.
Hi Wallach

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping this guide up to date, and updating it for 3.7 so quickly.

Was looking for a new build for Legion and I found your guide and it looks solid. Giving this a shot for this league and I appreciate your attention to detail and keeping this guide current.

Good luck with your Legion experience, please keep posting tips here as you figure out new ways to min/max - I'm more casual and it will take me a while to get to end game, so I'll be checking back often for tips along the way :)
"
Mopstah wrote:
Hi Wallach

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping this guide up to date, and updating it for 3.7 so quickly.

Was looking for a new build for Legion and I found your guide and it looks solid. Giving this a shot for this league and I appreciate your attention to detail and keeping this guide current.

Good luck with your Legion experience, please keep posting tips here as you figure out new ways to min/max - I'm more casual and it will take me a while to get to end game, so I'll be checking back often for tips along the way :)

Hey thanks! I'll be doing what I can to keep it updated if anything changes as we find more Legion uniques. Really I think the only chance of hidden goodies will be if one of the Historic jewel keystones turns out to be really good for us. I'm sure we'll find out about most of them in the first week or two.

On a side note I currently have a video version of this guide updloading to YouTube. It won't contain anything not already in the text guide here on the forums, but I'll add it anyway for those that prefer video guides.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info