[3.6] Low Budget - 10 Curse Winter Orb CI Occultist - 6.8 mil Shaper DPS. VIDEO BUILD GUIDE

what are ppl getting for their max ES. Seems like it'd be kinda low with all the uniques and a staff. Just curious.
why dont you peopl euse poe púlanner as i never used paste bin?
"
xodrul wrote:
what are ppl getting for their max ES. Seems like it'd be kinda low with all the uniques and a staff. Just curious.

I'm at 7.3k, but I invested a bit more into ES than OP: I took Melding nodes and put an Energy from Within into the nearby jewel socket, for starters. Could get a bit more with proper rares and a couple more of levels to get another jewel socket. Ideally I'll be sitting around 7.5k by level 94 (I'm 91).

"
Stargazer08 wrote:
why dont you peopl euse poe púlanner as i never used paste bin?

Poeplanner is not as good as Path Of Building, imo

Sent from my Einhar Technologies Multidimensional Beast Net
Why would you take Whispers of Doom node when you have Vixen's Entrapment? I'm a bit confused
Last edited by bucwanha on Mar 16, 2019, 11:33:42 AM
HI there i was just wondering.

is it mandatory to use:

- The Pyre
- Realm Ender

how about some other Damage-Ring like Opal ring ?

and some other Staff like a Shaper one with socketed gems are supported bei #cast while channelings ?

or does it some how break the DMG-Curve because of the cold to fire ?

thx

the Build is great and a lot of fun so far !
Last edited by Humpa on Mar 16, 2019, 12:20:27 PM
"
bucwanha wrote:
Why would you take Whispers of Doom node when you have Vixen's Entrapment? I'm a bit confused

To bring your max curse limit to 4 (one curse is standard for any build, +1 from ascendancy, +1 from Whispers of Doom, +1 from Vixen's). You could, of course, drop Whispers, but without it you can apply max 3 curses (plus the ones socketed in Doedre's Skin, since the item makes them ignore curse limit).
Sent from my Einhar Technologies Multidimensional Beast Net
I'm still a bot uncertain about my boot links. I'm not sure it's worth getting the extra strength for immortal call. Right now I'm running vaal discipline and increased duration, but I have two open boot slots. We could potentially run some kind of CWDT setup, but they aren't that useful without 3 links. So, I'm not sure. Maybe just phase run and a golem. Any ideas?

Also undecided about a potential Watcher's Eye. Discipline, Zealoty, or even Grace. How does the Zealotry ES recovery watcher's eye stack up now that it's been nerfed?
Last edited by joshrose on Mar 16, 2019, 10:54:40 PM
"
Humpa wrote:
HI there i was just wondering.

is it mandatory to use:

- The Pyre
- Realm Ender

how about some other Damage-Ring like Opal ring ?

and some other Staff like a Shaper one with socketed gems are supported bei #cast while channelings ?

or does it some how break the DMG-Curve because of the cold to fire ?

thx

the Build is great and a lot of fun so far !

The reason for the conversion to fire damage is to amplify the "When you Kill an Enemy, for each Curse on that Enemy, gain 8% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage for 4 seconds" from the Malediction notable in our ascendancy. Ten curses gives us 80% extra damage as chaos.

Lets assume we do 100 points of cold damage.

Scenario 1: no elemental damage conversion
100 points of cold damage
100*0.8 = 80 points of chaos damage from cold
total = 180 points of damage

Scenario 2: 90% of cold damage converted to fire
100*0.8 = 80 points of chaos damage from per-conversion cold damage
10 points of cold damage from unconverted cold
90 points of fire damage from converted cold damage
90*0.8 = 72 points of chaos damage from fire
total = 252 points of damage

We end up getting 40% more damage from taking advantage of the way that "extra elemental damage as chaos" double dips on elemental conversion. If you can do better by taking different pieces, then you should.
Last edited by Zaxby on Mar 17, 2019, 6:02:28 PM
Hi guys,
I have been enjoying reading everyone's comment about this build.

I really like the interaction between Bane and Vixen's

To get the most benefit from the 10 curses, would it work with

Scorn:
Bane + 1 Curse + AOE + Enhance

Vixen:
3 Curses + Enhance

This would allow us to apply the 4 curses + extra layer of damage from Bane with a great casting area, and better qualities for the curses.

Thoughts?
"
tinzky wrote:
Hi guys,
I have been enjoying reading everyone's comment about this build.

I really like the interaction between Bane and Vixen's

To get the most benefit from the 10 curses, would it work with

Scorn:
Bane + 1 Curse + AOE + Enhance

Vixen:
3 Curses + Enhance

This would allow us to apply the 4 curses + extra layer of damage from Bane with a great casting area, and better qualities for the curses.

Thoughts?

Depends on what you need. If you have the damage to clear trash with only the (6) curses socketed in your Skin, you don't need the elaborate helm setup. Enhance will only support 3 gems (as far as I am aware) and you don't need to AoE gem for bosses. I just put Bane + 3 boss-killer curses in there, with an extra curse in Vixen's. You can probably spend your currency on upgrades, rather than on an enhance gem, to be honest.

I like Vixen's for the ES leech, but I suspect a high-investment version of the build might just drop it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info