[3.10] HOLY FLAME TOTEM, MARAUDER - CHIEFTAIN / BUDGET FRIENDLY - 5.3 MIL DPS [ ALL CONTENT ]

Guys which Anoint to allocate on amulet? Any suggestions?
So.. after reading like 15 pages back, I still have a question. How good is this build?
"
Kalithas wrote:
So.. after reading like 15 pages back, I still have a question. How good is this build?

14.5 cubits on the scale of Thoval.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Kalithas wrote:

So, I assumed it was a top tier build... BUT, i have to tell you this is the least enjoyable build I've ever played. The biggest problem is the play style is boring AF. So unless you really enjoy totem play style and are looking for an unnecessary challenge, avoid at all costs. The build is mediocre with perfect gear, and the gear is quite expensive because some pieces are needed for other top tier builds. This is the first time I could not wait to be done with a league; I get at least 24 challenges for the 2 effects is what i consider "done".

That said, this is by far the best holy flame totem build guide out there. The op did an awesome job with this build, but I hated the experience from beginning to end.
Last edited by risin13 on Jan 18, 2020, 4:18:53 PM
Im getting 1 shot by yellow maps level 86 5.3k hp its boring i dont know why can you look for my characther if you have for problem?
"
rhonie33 wrote:
Im getting 1 shot by yellow maps level 86 5.3k hp its boring i dont know why can you look for my characther if you have for problem?

- No chaos resistance on gear will get you killed, I had enormous issues with various chaos monsters, especially those assocaited with the green Atlas exile until I got it up to 0%. Get the 4 life+chaos res nodes in the Purity of Flesh wheel, give up some nodes in the life wheel if necessary, get more chaos res on gear.
- get more ES on gear: i also have about 1.5K ES which helps against getting one shot
- You are missing some crit nodes. Either go full crit or no crit. half crit is usually no good.
- Get a Shaper shield with +1 totem instead of a 2nd wand. The shield helps with blocking, should add a bunch of life, the +1 totem is 25% more damage, and you can also get various damage mods on it.
- If you have money to spare, want a lot more dps, while retaining roughly the same defense, go for a quad-curse build (look at FireySticks in my characters).
- Change your Ascendancies to remove Ramako and Hinekora, add Arohongui and Tasalio
- Below Ancestral Bond, trade Totem Placement Speed for Totem Cast Speed (Placement Speed sucks)
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jan 21, 2020, 7:21:12 AM
how do i look now
"
rhonie33 wrote:
how do i look now

Much better, but some minor issues remain:
- you still have the Totem Placement Speed node under Ancestral Bond instead of the Totem cast/Attack Speed node. Flip them for free dps.
- for some reason you don't have Purity of Flesh (but you do have the three nodes near it)
- you can remove the Int node above Trickery and the Str node connecting to it, as they "double-connect" your tree
- I'm guessing you have way too much fire resistance as the ascendancy alone gives you +100, so you may want to look at the crafting of your gear and remove fire res and add chaos res
- as you are not using Flammability, it may be worthwhile to change your golem to a Flame Golem to profit from Elemental Army (it will give -10 fire res to enemies), and instead of minion Life, a Cast When Damage Taken, ideally both golem and CWDT at lvl 20, as the CWDT keeps automatically resummoning the golem usually long before it dies. As you begin a session, just remove CWDT, cast Golem, place CWDT back.

Question: Does this Orb of Storms setup work for you? Does it generate power charges quickly enough?

And more important, does the new tree and gear feel better?
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jan 23, 2020, 8:57:14 AM
Good guide to get someone to maps. But is it possible to add some stuff in the leveling portion itself like, gems to use prior to getting your main ones. People new to te game will get more use from this with that kind of info. Other build guides have it and it seems to be the set standard if you're going to make a guide. Just an idea...
"
Good guide to get someone to maps. But is it possible to add some stuff in the leveling portion itself like, gems to use prior to getting your main ones. People new to te game will get more use from this with that kind of info. Other build guides have it and it seems to be the set standard if you're going to make a guide. Just an idea...

The OP seems to have disappeared, so I do not think this is going to happen.

Which is rather a pity, because there is a lot that can be improved in this build description.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jan 30, 2020, 6:28:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info