POE camera is more zoomed out than even Diablo 3, comparison pictures.

"
Astrapoys wrote:
@MythzFreeze you are making a mistake to compare PoE's and Diablo's cam view, in Diablo games cam is a bit lower, you can see chars faces and you can see more FOV. in uper tight direction.
Diablo 1 and 2 have no camera angle, it's all just 2D stuff.
Diablo 2 had simulated 3D space, but it was hardly anything, mostly just like distortion based on distance.

Anyone who's claiming their view looks a certain way, just upload a freaking screenshot.. That said, the OP should really upload more proper/high-quality screenshots. Also an open field seems like a terrible landscape to compare views with.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
"
Astrapoys wrote:
@MythzFreeze you are making a mistake to compare PoE's and Diablo's cam view, in Diablo games cam is a bit lower, you can see chars faces and you can see more FOV. in uper tight direction.
Diablo 1 and 2 have no camera angle, it's all just 2D stuff.
Diablo 2 had simulated 3D space, but it was hardly anything, mostly just like distortion based on distance.

Anyone who's claiming their view looks a certain way, just upload a freaking screenshot.. That said, the OP should really upload more proper/high-quality screenshots. Also an open field seems like a terrible landscape to compare views with.

by saying cam i mean the point of view mate, in Diablo games is lower a bit, more diagonaly from PoE, thats all that i've said.
"
Terrifyer wrote:
Wow. I'm running at 1920x1080 and my zoom level looks like the alpha screenshot the OP posted.

Same here....

WIP: BM Dualist using bow.
i don`t get how the OP is so zoomed out, i`ve alt tabbed, altered everything, but i`m still up close, even at the highest resolution (22 inch monitor)

anyone else, give us some tips on how to zoom out? i`ve tried stretching the window - in windowed mode, but nothing works....

any help here?
"
welderman wrote:
i don`t get how the OP is so zoomed out, i`ve alt tabbed, altered everything, but i`m still up close, even at the highest resolution (22 inch monitor)

anyone else, give us some tips on how to zoom out? i`ve tried stretching the window - in windowed mode, but nothing works....

any help here?

aspect ratio. Make the screen wider than it is tall. If you tried stretching the window, you certainly didn't seem to try hard

"
Astrapoys wrote:

by saying cam i mean the point of view mate, in Diablo games is lower a bit, more diagonaly from PoE, thats all that i've said.
My point still remains. With a 2d game there is really a such thing as point of view.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Apr 2, 2012, 1:27:18 AM
The cam was more zoomed in D1 and D2 classic than PoE's cam.

But I agree that D2 LoD (800x600) and D3's cam are both more zoomed out. Also the angle is different.

The game cam was zoomed out 10% more a few patches ago but it already feels like too zoomed out to me. I definetely need zoom-in option now.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
Game seems fine the way it is at the moment, why would you need a more zoomed in view?
Path of Exile is an amazingly fun game to play!
I dont mind zoomed out, atleast when Im sittin' at my 42" LED
LOL I wish I could zoom in much more, to see my armor better when I staying in town.
Don´t angry, just wondering!
I will bump this thread, in hope of an answer from the devs, to why some of us is zoomed in a lot more (As in the Alpha Screen shot) and how we can fix it?

WIP: BM Dualist using bow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info