POE camera is more zoomed out than even Diablo 3, comparison pictures.

I skimmed the thread, but didn't see a good response.

I'm getting the same issue of the game being too zoomed-in, while zoomed-out at 2560x1440. A screenshot is below of my best zoom-out. I also tried different resolutions with the same result.

Basically, as it is, I cannot play this game comfortably. I can't see enough to enjoy what I'm doing. Are there any cures to zoom-out?

Original image: here
Is 16:10 really inferior to 16:9?
I play on 16:10 (1920x1200) and I would be very pissed off if GGG fucked that up.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
CommodoX wrote:
I play on 16:10 (1920x1200) and I would be very pissed off if GGG fucked that up.

It is inferior in every game that does not either standardize the FoV or include an FoV slider.

So, yes; you are playing with less screen space than normal.

Again, this is why I play in 1080p in windowed mode.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Even setting my game to 1920x1080 windowed still has the same FoV as fullscreen 2560x1440.
DAOWAce, I'm glad you pointed this out. My monitors, too, are 16:10.

I am disappoint....

Also, for the 16:10 fans out there, what make/models do you have? I'll post mine when I get home if I remember for anyone interested. The 16:10 monitors are becoming more and more difficult to find, laptops especially.
"
DAOWAce wrote:
"
CommodoX wrote:

It is inferior in every game that does not either standardize the FoV or include an FoV slider.

So, yes; you are playing with less screen space than normal.

Again, this is why I play in 1080p in windowed mode.

Too bad for me...

GGG plx fix 1920*1200 ratio.
"
QuaxTal wrote:
Even setting my game to 1920x1080 windowed still has the same FoV as fullscreen 2560x1440.

They're both a 16:9 aspect ratio, so your FoV wouldn't change.

There is no way to get a larger FoV if you want to keep your monitor's native AR unless you squash the vertical size of the window, which makes it harder and harder to play.

Or, you can buy one of those "ultra widescreen" monitors with a 21:9 aspect ratio that Dell makes. I actually wouldn't mind something like that solely for gaming, but only with a slightly better resolution and 120Hz+ support.

"
DoomCloud wrote:
Also, for the 16:10 fans out there, what make/models do you have? I'll post mine when I get home if I remember for anyone interested. The 16:10 monitors are becoming more and more difficult to find, laptops especially.

HP f2304. It was made in 2004. It's still better than the majority of LCD monitors out there today.

It's old though, so it doesn't have that good pixel response time, resulting in motion blur when things are in motion. Makes text near unreadable.

Every passing week I get more and more impatient with the market, resulting in me likely to replace it with a more up to date 16:10 monitor and grabbing a 120Hz+ for gaming; which are unfortunately all 1080/1440p (16:9). This is if I can justify spending that kind of money for a somewhat minor upgrade.. (though I don't consider being forced to use 2 separate different resolution screens an upgrade, especially when my desktop one would only be 60Hz)
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Last edited by DAOWAce on Jan 27, 2013, 7:42:42 PM
"
DAOWAce wrote:
"
QuaxTal wrote:

They're both a 16:9 aspect ratio, so your FoV wouldn't change.

There is no way to get a larger FoV if you want to keep your monitor's native AR unless you squash the vertical size of the window, which makes it harder and harder to play.

I tried using 1920x1200 (16:10) windowed and I still get the same FoV. Aren't people showing screenshots zoomed-out more than D3? I guess I don't understand how people are getting such a wide FoV.
"
QuaxTal wrote:
I guess I don't understand how people are getting such a wide FoV.

Me neither.

Screenshot from me with max zoom out (1920x1200, sized down but 1:1 = still 16:10)
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Jan 28, 2013, 1:25:56 AM
IMO the FoV is not so much an issue of zoom but of the angle that we're looking at. It is too top-down. I think that D2X got this perfectly right, with a bit of a shallow angle, and all isometric games since then have opted for more of a top-down view which is unsatisfying to me, also in that you don't develop as good a rapport with your character when you're just looking at the top of his helm and shoulders.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info