The new unique chest is ridiculous and here is why for people trying to argue against it.

NEW CHEST CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12056

I was gonna do my own passive tree, but just realized that a pro player has already realized how ridiculous this chest is. here's his passive tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAW8CcQSzBVsMfRB_FVAW8xdUGS4c3B0UIoEmPCepJ-0o-ilPLKYt0i-dMtE0CjdmN4M62DvhPI5DY0VHRnFG10cGSTpN2FBQVElXDVfJWPVZ813GXz9famBtZp5qHm0ZcU17135Zf8aBb4KbhEiLeouMjHaMz448j0aP-pHOkyeVIJrPncSePKKjpuunCKcrqBisqrQMtQS3MbiTud277cAawcXB88Ntxp7ZYdrd2-fd8-Fz4vfkIudS6XPquuvu7BjsOO0g7w7xdvIv8932SPfB-tI=

The old righteous fire build was already doable. All you had to do was balance out your hp and ES. You need enough HP to tank some chaos damage, because it will peirce through your energy shield ( this is not CI). In invalesco's case he had around 2k hp. Get your hp at a level where you ES (with zealot's oath) could regen faster than the damagee RF did to you.

Example: If you had 2k hp, RF would do 2k dmg to you per second, and so your ES would have to regen higher than 2k hp/s so that it would stay constant and not drop. Hoever, to counter this you cap your fire resists at around 85%. With that being said, you'd probably be taking around 300 dmg from RF, and so you'd only have to regen over 300 es per second. This was already doable before as you can see in invalesco's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBeEomNBMk

However, with the new chest, it takes the build to a whole new level, which is insane..
In the previous paragraph I explained how you ES regen had to be greater than the damage you take from RF, and how you hp also had to be sufficient enough to take some chaos damage just in case.

With this new chest, none of that really matters at all. Because the new chest states that chaos damage cannot bypass you ES, HP doesn't really matter at all. So you could literally have 2 hp, and it wouldn't really matter ( for ppl talking about how stun will kill you, there are uniques to counter that). To take advantage of this, use a blood magic gem, and use more % araus or flat araus with your hp, while still being able to use % araus wih your mana.

So what we obtain with this is: HP no longer matters, so you can drop the HP nodes, and stats, you can run even more araus than before. Instead of having to switch ur rightous fire off/on in dangerous situations in order to regen your es rapidily instead of it being constant ( EX: RF dmg = 300, ES regen = 300 = constant). <-- this doesn't matter anymore because our hp will be really low, meaning 100% of RF dmg will probly be like 5 dmg, meaning we will be regening our ES at all times.

In addition to this, since our hp is considered "low health at all times", we can use the low health mod benefits. Meaning we cantake advantage of things such as the redbeak sword which is 100% increased dmg ( although im not sure how it works with freezing pulse, but would defnintly work with EK), and we can also use pain attunement now.

None of these things were possible in invalesco's original build, but now with this new chest, it jsut becomes insane.

More aura's, still extremely tanky, regen ES at all times, dont need to use hp flasks anymore, a tremendous increase in damage output.

By all means, this build is not easy, but for those who can do it, it will be insane.

Thanks for the read, and dont forget to watch invalesco's video for background info and the math behind the build. You already see how crazy his dps increases with just rightous fire, imagine it with pain attunement and redbeak...
Last edited by OwangeBoy on Mar 9, 2013, 7:59:40 PM
I was talking to you in game about how the build would be doable but nowhere near game breaking.

The gear level this build even needs to begin with is out of this world, that chest and shield he has are just disgusting, plus you'd have to have that crazy amount of chaos res on every piece that isn't a unique.

Rime, Redbeak, Shavronne's(New chest), Chayula - that leaves shield, rings x2, belt, gloves for chaos res, at 30% a pop max roll and you need 135%, and obviously all those have to roll high ES, without the chest providing that extra ~400 base es, I don't think you can afford to wear non-pure CI pieces for the rest of the gear.

The low hp would still leave you vulnerable to freeze and shock stacks too and don't forget reflect.

Is it doable? Yes.

With that amount of currency invested in gear though...

You could just do something stronger and safer.
The difference between the new chest build and his original, is that the uniue chest already has a really good amount of es, you just really need a decnt shield, and decent other gear. Like I said its not an easy build, but there really isnt any build that would be stronger, the amount of dmg output is insane, while still being really tanky. And you for the lost ES you wou will have from the unique chest, you invest in more es nodes, becus u can skip hp nodes, and others depending on funded you are. You dont need max chaos resists, the reason he got max chaos resists was because of the map he was doing, and more because he had a low hp pool, with only 2k. He needs enough hp to tank chaos dmg, with the new unique chest, his hp doesnt matter

Edit: i'd like to let you know that the new chest already goes for over 30 exalts on release day, because like i said, good players who actually know theory crafting knows how fking op this new shit is
Last edited by OwangeBoy on Mar 9, 2013, 9:00:35 PM
It's perfect for any ES build and there's barely any in the economy, that's why it's expensive.

Chaos damage will murder you if you don't have a decent amount regardless of build.

You can't possibly compare a 900+ ES chest to 500 ES one.

There's no way its "game breaking" good.

You're talking ~125% spell damage from a 20 QL RF, and 130% more damage from "Low life".
The damage is INSANE. I'm not fighting you on that, it is insane damage, possibly unmatched.

What I'm saying is, that the build can't be tanky enough without some of the best gear in the game and it's still gonna be extremely vulnerable to freeze and shock stacks, and that's all you need to die.
This item isn't broken because of it's ci ish ability, people qq because it enables "On Low Life" builds.
CI However, enables "On full life" builds.
All CI needs to balance iself out is to have more "On full life" items/gems.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
yes i can compare a 500 energy shild to a 900 energy shield. inva hits 9k hp with an 800 chest, without taking all the energy shield nodes, becus hes restricted, he has to take some hp nodes. With this new chest, you can drop the health nodes, and others nodes that u might not need so much, and pick up much more es nodes. I'm not syaing your going to have the same or mroe es with the new chest, but ur sitll going to have a large amount, maybe 6.5-7k or more. plus ur going to get even more survaibility or dmg from the extra auras
lookie here, even kripp posts a vid on it saying everything that i have lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=269-ZPPIFjE
Good

Uniques are meant to be build enabling, and, well, unique, its nice to see one that actually is.

i think the unique chest become more balanced when they add new mod like:
50% of all damage taken converted to chaos damage
Which chest are we talking about here?
They said they were going to make melee viable in end game. So far it looks like they aren't really trying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info