0.9.8 Patch Notes

"
Any news about weekend races?

Guess this week's race will be to log into the game hehe.

Being honest, I think making those keystones passive gems is a mistake. It greatly diminishes the importance of the passive tree and makes all the characters more the same. I'd like to see more differences between classes. Besides, when you started introducing keystones and tweaking the passives I thought you sought exactly the same. With the latest patches you went back a little into the old direction. Seems like a change of heart to me, and not a good one.

Anyway good luck with the stress test guys.
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Why you add 10 genenric auras and XX generic supports when you must focus on creating interesting monsters, boss fights, Voiceovers and itemization (uniques are lacking in 90% cases)?

Because they are very fast to add compared to other content, so we can add a lot of strategic diversity while we're working on the major features like Act Three, PvP, etc.

There are plenty of more interesting ones coming. The secret new one will absolutely blow you away.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
- Reduced the mana cost of Explosive Arrow

He Chris i think Lightning Arrow need it more then Explosive. Its impossible to use this Lightning with a 5 Link item and the support gem Blood Magic with 5x frenzy my ranger will die Quick and i have atm 123 live reg per sec, i switch to mana leach support but the cost is to high to use it powerfull i use at only to shock and block monster if they are too close to me.
HARDCORE ONLY ~ ONE LIFE IS ENOUGH

We don't want to make every keystone a gem, however, some keystones fit very well as gems, and those are the ones that we have added here.

If I'm counting correctly, it's only 2 in this patch (and a 3rd if you count the blood magic gem).

I don't see any of the other current keystones turning into gems.
Path of Exile - Lead Programmer
"
Jonathan wrote:

That's good to hear. Still, I question the decision to make Iron Grip into a support. Please check my topic in the feedback section about it. :)
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dust7 wrote:
"
Jonathan wrote:

That's good to hear. Still, I question the decision to make Iron Grip into a support. Please check my topic in the feedback section about it. :)

If you want to pay more mana to get the bonus damage from Iron Grip instead of paying passives, then why not let them?
Added a new support gem - Melee Damage on Full Life: While you're on full life, melee skills supported by this gem deal increased physical damage.

Can I ask about this. Aren't AOF templars still overpowered and you gave them another mod that works perfectly for 6-slot cleave? Are you trying to encourage them to wear more int / str gear or am I misunderstanding this?
"
TribePariah wrote:
Added a new support gem - Melee Damage on Full Life: While you're on full life, melee skills supported by this gem deal increased physical damage.

Can I ask about this. Aren't AOF templars still overpowered and you gave them another mod that works perfectly for 6-slot cleave? Are you trying to encourage them to wear more int / str gear or am I misunderstanding this?

TBH i find this gem wery bad.
It works only on meele ,meaning close range fight ,how much time in close range you got to expraiance constnat fight with having exactly 100% of your hp??
In my view it will be probably just first hit boost ,then it will drop your hp ,and time to time your potions will proc the gem aswell or hp steal.
Yet it would be better if it worked for ranged or spell dmg ,since they can actualy run unharmed.
Unless the gem really give high dmg boost ,otherwise i would wear any other gem that boost dmg.

EDIT: GGG will you reset passive skills soon ?? I want to try out build for 100% mana cost reduction aka use all auras at one time and any skill you want without any cost and become XMAS Tree support class.
Last edited by herflik on Mar 29, 2012, 6:38:41 AM
Returned the defensive properties off armour pieces (that add Armour, Evasion or Energy Shield) to 0.9.6 values. We consider the 0.9.7 armour changes a failed experiment. Monster damage has been rebalanced slightly to accomodate this.

Is the physical mitigation cap 75% or stay at 90%? Because of the new armor value, it's impossible to reach 90% if the progression stay the same. Need more info plz.

And other question : the new supports are only drop or you can obtain it from quest reward ?

"
herflik wrote:

TBH i find this gem wery bad.
It works only on meele ,meaning close range fight ,how much time in close range you got to expraiance constnat fight with having exactly 100% of your hp??
In my view it will be probably just first hit boost ,then it will drop your hp ,and time to time your potions will proc the gem aswell or hp steal.
Yet it would be better if it worked for ranged or spell dmg ,since they can actualy run unharmed.
Unless the gem really give high dmg boost ,otherwise i would wear any other gem that boost dmg.

Will be great with lightning strike for exemple if it works with the projectile
Last edited by Medrenngard on Mar 29, 2012, 6:45:38 AM
What is up with the new item level list going up to level 70?

http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/weapon
Last edited by ptt_frmr on Mar 29, 2012, 6:42:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info