Incinerate

"
elbicnivnimai wrote:
I don't understand how you think PA and GR interact with eachother. Are you one of those guys that thinks you have PA active with CI?

Or maybe he uses a Blood Magic support on an Aura to keep him at Low Life perpetually, and GR to keep his ES up so he doesn't melt? :/ I don't see why you assume he's stupid.
It would be cool if this worked with point blank because you could actually use this on a spell totem and probably do well, but as it stands right now this skill is terrible.
"
Josephoenix wrote:
"
Pivu wrote:
I'll just say, this skill is insane on my Pain Attunement witch.

I have only 6% cast speed taken in skill tree. Imo - if this skill cost so much mana, why invest in cast speed? It's better to invest in spell/fire damage. I had to eat 3 regrets to refund my 10% cast speed.

So it's currently on lvl 8, supported by:

added chaos damage, added lightning damage, life leach (ghost reaver), LMP

cost 23 mana, sustained constantly by my 106 mana regen/s.

I'll just say - deals more damage than lvl 18 fireball. nuff said.

using any of the "added damage" supports (lit,chaos,cold) are not worth it based on the 20% damage efficiency. LMP/GMP + FP are definate +'s also the FC makes it reach it's potential faster and then do more damage at the highest setting (if you can support it, high life regen + BM, or insane mana regen...many ways)

That's what I initially thought too but I don't think that's true. Say your added whatever hits for 100. On a normal spell, it hits for 100 every second(without cast speed, I guess some spells are faster but let's take this, say EK). So it does 100DPS and for procs purposes, 100dmg.

On this spell, it hits every .16secs for 20. However every second roughly(.96s) you get 80% more damage. I believe it caps at 3 increases but it ends up hitting for 116.64dmg. Every .16seconds. That's 729DPS and it still hits for more per hit for status ailment procs. Now that's a huge ramp up time but factor in cast speed and you could get that down to around 2.5sec.

I think the damage potential of this spell, assuming you can sustain the mana and can stand still and cast long enough, is probably higher than everything. The conditions required are however hard to satisfy, especially while soloing, but it's not all bad for this spell.
"
Kalsifer wrote:
Not sure what you guys are complaining about, with mana leech gem I can keep it going forever.

what he said !!!
Please make the stages will not be lost even if the incinerate totem is being "stunned".
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Im duel totem lightning build atm with pain atunment and duel redbeaks witch maks em a insane lightning glass canon

But i only 4 points is lightning only som im gonna try it out!

Cant wait to ge a hold of this gem!

"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
Josephoenix wrote:
"
Pivu wrote:
I'll just say, this skill is insane on my Pain Attunement witch.

I have only 6% cast speed taken in skill tree. Imo - if this skill cost so much mana, why invest in cast speed? It's better to invest in spell/fire damage. I had to eat 3 regrets to refund my 10% cast speed.

So it's currently on lvl 8, supported by:

added chaos damage, added lightning damage, life leach (ghost reaver), LMP

cost 23 mana, sustained constantly by my 106 mana regen/s.

I'll just say - deals more damage than lvl 18 fireball. nuff said.

using any of the "added damage" supports (lit,chaos,cold) are not worth it based on the 20% damage efficiency. LMP/GMP + FP are definate +'s also the FC makes it reach it's potential faster and then do more damage at the highest setting (if you can support it, high life regen + BM, or insane mana regen...many ways)

That's what I initially thought too but I don't think that's true. Say your added whatever hits for 100. On a normal spell, it hits for 100 every second(without cast speed, I guess some spells are faster but let's take this, say EK). So it does 100DPS and for procs purposes, 100dmg.

On this spell, it hits every .16secs for 20. However every second roughly(.96s) you get 80% more damage. I believe it caps at 3 increases but it ends up hitting for 116.64dmg. Every .16seconds. That's 729DPS and it still hits for more per hit for status ailment procs. Now that's a huge ramp up time but factor in cast speed and you could get that down to around 2.5sec.

I think the damage potential of this spell, assuming you can sustain the mana and can stand still and cast long enough, is probably higher than everything. The conditions required are however hard to satisfy, especially while soloing, but it's not all bad for this spell.

To apply shock, you have to do a minimum of like 1.2% of the target's life in lightning damage with a single instance of damage. Any less and it won't apply shock at all, it's a minimum threshold. This is why it doesn't work to use Added Lightning with a low percent damage effectiveness spell. I think the same is true for cold/freezing, but that's not applicable here because you would only freeze on crits and the spell can't crit.
I'm well aware of the shock mechanics. You do 116.6% of the listed damage though, even with the efficiency, during stage4. You do more damage with this spell, in phase 4, than you'd do with a full efficiency spell like freezing pulse. Then you have to factor increased duration on shock values which reduce that 1.2% by quite a lot. A quality added lightning is 20%duration, Static Blows and the next passive in the node are 60%. A quality conductivity increases the duration by another 20% too. That's 100% duration total, meaning instead of 300ms, you only need 150ms. At 276ms per 1%, that's 0.54% right? Doesn't seem too unrealistic, at stage 4.

I agree at stage 1 it's not worth mentionning. That's why cast speed would be primordial to ramp up the phases as fast as possible as when you attain shock status, everything dies, I pointed that out earlier. However cast speed makes sustain harder so you need better sustain, which probably has to come in the form of blood magic+life leech, I don't think mana can sustain it, at least at the costs we were talking about earlier but who knows what the final cost really is though.

Edit: LMP or GMP would further reduce the dmg though and probably make it impossible to shock on hits, and since the spell doesn't crit, that's a problem.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Mar 8, 2013, 3:20:54 AM
"
elbicnivnimai wrote:

There are way too many power discrepancies between spells that need to be addressed. Right now it's basically just choose either Spark or FP. Anything else and you're not going to perform as well as you could.

Furthermore, in a game so heavily dependent upon criticals and status ailment stacking, creating spells that cannot do either, or have difficulty doing either is just poorly realized.

This right here. It is so very easy to make these other spells fantastic. And they Very easily apply their status ailments. Fire already, arguably, has the worst of the three status ailments. Why do our spells have to have such a difficult time applying them and/or at such a reduced capacity(Firestorm) Somebody mentioned much earlier that fire seemed better suited to large but slower hits. It's so true and yet 2/3(only mentioning FB/FS/Incin here) are tiny but many hits which completely defeats the purpose of having burn at all.

Fire for life and all, I love it. But it's frustrating when you know it's simply easier and more efficient using another element.
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
My first impressions after trying this skill for a while are that it's extremely underwhelming. The mana cost is way too high, the damage is not high enough, and the fixed angle of the extra projectiles when using LMP (don't have a GMP to test with) makes the damage EXTRA useless. I'd suggest reducing the mana cost by 1/3 to 1/2, bumping the damage by 15-20%, and allowing for a tight spread with LMP/GMP. Without these changes, this skill is just an extremely inferior freezing pulse. The range could use a bit of a boost as well, by maybe 15%. I have noticed however that it sometimes seems to hit further than the animation shows. I'm not sure if this is due to desync or if the range is actually longer than it appears. One final issue is that it seems to suffer from the same inability to go through doors and tight spaces as freezing pulse. This really doesn't make much sense for a stream of flames.

The ramping up of the damage over time is a neat idea and certainly drives the point home that this is meant to be linked with gems such as knockback and blind so that you can survive standing still.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info