Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

"
notblueone wrote:
poe is a spiral : nerf boost nerf boost and repeat again

maybe but look at diablo 3. it is buff and buff and buff. what's the difference ?
"
"
gubaguy wrote:
Question: Is vaal pact being changed again then? Or will you be able to stack ghost reaver with vaal pact for 4x ES leech rate?

My understanding is you can leech 20% life and 10% ES simultaneously. Ghost Reaver will increase ES to 20%, but I’m guessing it will negate life leech and probably continue to reduce ES recharge. I doubt Vaal Pact will be changed to allow for ES leech increase, since it sounds as if they’re trying to make a Ghost Reaver the ES version of Vaal Pact.

But the reason im asking is becuase unless they change ghost reaver so that life leech DOESNT apply to ES, and keeps vaal pact as is then you get double leech form ghost reaver and then doubled again from vaal pact... for 4x leech.
I stopped supporting. I see no reason to go back to supporting because of stupid balance decisions like this.

If extended leech time is a problem just put in a leech time cap and leave the rest of the mechanic alone. GGG, you are screwing over an entire ascendency and playstyle.

*Forever a Slayer*
Leech always felt like a complete crap way of sustain in tough maps anyway unless you invest heavily into it or go Slayer/Ascendant and/or took Vaal Pact. Mainly because of that 20% of max hp per second limit on it. With a 6k hp life pool that's only 1200HP leeched per second as a base amount. That's nothing when doing tougher maps and you're getting chunked for a lot more damage.

Life regen, ES regen or ES recovery are way better methods of staying topped up.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Mar 5, 2019, 4:53:34 PM
NICCEEE SOOO....1) MAX 90% RES = NO MORE CI..... 2) YOU DON`T EVEN CARE FOR 1 SHOOT KILL (FOR SO LONG THERE WHERE A PROBLEM IN LATE STAGES OF THE GAME EVEN WITH ONE SHOOT KILL) .....3 ) MOST IMPORTANT "EVEY PATCH YOU NERF NERF NERF (LEACH NOW)".... RECOMANDATION (AFTER NERFING ES, KRAPING ON CI, NO MORE INSTANT LEECK FROM PASIVE NODE, NOW NERFING LEECH ....YOU REALY SHOULD NERF FK LIFE TOO)
but hey..good way to ensure everybody will use ney gems right? not only you didn`t do anything about the 1 shoot kill YOU MAKE IT EASYER TO HAPPEN. GJ
PS: like many post i stop supporting too
soooo uuhhhhhh is this going to be a league about spellcasters and ES builds ? ......
"
mititelul wrote:
1) MAX 90% RES = NO MORE CI.....
CI chaos immunity isn't affected by this change. Physical damage reduction was always capped at 90%, yet Immortal Call can still push it to 100% because it's immunity.
I actually really like these changes and look forward to the details in the patch-notes later today.
Slayer and physical LL will probably be adjusted in the next patch when they target melee (or so my guess).
And I feel (hope) with some of these changes they might be slowly trying to target the issue of one-shots (further down the road), as one-shots are necessary when players can heal any non-lethal damage instantly.

And, as has been pointed out multiple times now, CI has nothing to do with resistances; it and Immortal Call are Immunities, not high resistances.
when patch notes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info