Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

The worst part is :
"
Attacks need the same level of attention (if not more) that spells are getting in 3.6.0, as well as changes to Abyss Jewels and Physical Weapon Damage, but we'll be spacing these changes over 3.7.0 and beyond

Which means melee is probably still gonna be shit in 3.7.
Please. No more labyrinth.
So Storm brand nerfed cause of speed runners. takes a good chunk of ex to make it really strong. theres other skills that can delete bosses for far less investment.
"
Nibelton wrote:

and now let's embark on magical journey of reading https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Overload

I wish you well on your magical reading journey nice of you to post a link to it for other people such as yourself that need to brush up. Hope I've helped you.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
Nibelton wrote:

and now let's embark on magical journey of reading https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Overload

I wish you well on your magical reading journey nice of you to post a link to it for other people such as yourself that need to brush up. Hope I've helped you.

the thing is,they never stated,that they are removing 5% crit form spells,they said 5% isnt a cap anymore.
Last edited by Nibelton on Mar 4, 2019, 7:17:14 PM
"League of all spell buffs"

Two paragraphs in:

"We've also reviewed Vaal Skills and skills from items. A small number of spells that we consider too powerful for their ease of use, like Brands, Winter Orb and Blade Vortex have had their damage lowered. We'll be revealing the full list of changes in the patch notes"

Nerfs away.

So disappointing.
"
Iznuts wrote:
So Storm brand nerfed cause of speed runners. takes a good chunk of ex to make it really strong. theres other skills that can delete bosses for far less investment.

but none of them do it while you run around and do nothing but avoid dmg

you can delete a 10million HP boss with 15 hours of fresh start SSF gear... your narrative that it needs multiple Exalts worth of gear is bullshit.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 4, 2019, 7:15:52 PM
"
there's a keystone on the passive tree (Elemental overload or EO) that gives more spell damage if you've crit in the last 8 seconds, reducing the base crit of spells pretty much eliminates this keystone because its already tremendously weaker than Crit and relies on low to no crit investment to be worth using at all. If there's a significantly larger investment required in crit to proc it then just going crit which is already highly advisable and almost always better DPS, will be the defacto choice and no one will use EO. Depending of course on the details of how you get base crit.

The main thing to realize here is that EO was a sub par option already, nerfing it by making it harder to get enough crit chance to proc it reliably (which already requires a high hit rate spell or 8-10% investment in crit) and presumably requiring significantly more investment would be another tone def move on GGG's part.

Part of me wishes Chris would take a couple months and get back iinto the trenches with his employees because its' clear that Devs with poor understanding of the game are increasingly making unknowledgeable and hamfisted changes... like the Slayer leech change at a time when melee is a corpse bleeding out on the ground.

its not that Slayer leech doesn't need some balancing (and the rest of the Asc polished up to compensate) its that the timing of nerfing one of the ONLY GOOD THINGS TO DO WITH MELEE, is just retard level of tone def.

you dont have any more or less crit from the change in the patchnotes, unless you go above 95% crit (which now goes up to 100%)

OR (this is where the confusing part for you starts, i think)

any spell that already has above 0% critchance as a base, can now be reduced further then 5%.

an example whould be the controlled construction support gem which has "Supported Skills have 100% reduced Critical Strike Chance"

previously, adding this gem to a spell that has 6% base crit, whould reduce the crit chance to... 5%. because you couldnt reduce it below this point due to how the game worked.
now however, you can actually completly remove the cc by having 0% increase and 100% decrease.
Last edited by iHaku on Mar 4, 2019, 7:18:33 PM
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
Nibelton wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
Doesn't reducing the crit minimum of spells to 0% massively nerf elemental overload?

Is there a good reason for this?

how ? elaborate.

there's a keystone on the passive tree (Elemental overload or EO) that gives more spell damage if you've crit in the last 8 seconds, reducing the base crit of spells pretty much eliminates this keystone because its already tremendously weaker than Crit and relies on low to no crit investment to be worth using at all. If there's a significantly larger investment required in crit to proc it then just going crit which is already highly advisable and almost always better DPS, will be the defacto choice and no one will use EO. Depending of course on the details of how you get base crit.

The main thing to realize here is that EO was a sub par option already, nerfing it by making it harder to get enough crit chance to proc it reliably (which already requires a high hit rate spell or 8-10% investment in crit) and presumably requiring significantly more investment would be another tone def move on GGG's part.

Part of me wishes Chris would take a couple months and get back iinto the trenches with his employees because its' clear that Devs with poor understanding of the game are increasingly making unknowledgeable and hamfisted changes... like the Slayer leech change at a time when melee is a corpse bleeding out on the ground.

its not that Slayer leech doesn't need some balancing (and the rest of the Asc polished up to compensate) its that the timing of nerfing one of the ONLY GOOD THINGS TO DO WITH MELEE, is just retard level of tone def.

Jesus fucking christ get of your high horse it you are literally to stupid to read. NOWHERE it is written they kill of the base crit of all spells. They just talk about the caps. Ofc EO + Controlled Destruction on your main skill isnt good now, but we get other support spells and people were getting their EO trigger from a secondary skill often anways.

even if they nerf brands dmg by 20% it wont change much.
there a lot of sources of flat damage/scale it will req. more invesment.
you could literally buttanked kill elder.
Last edited by Nibelton on Mar 4, 2019, 7:22:35 PM
...I bought the thing that makes blade vortex a chainsaw like 2 days ago. :V

Hope the nerf isn't too bad. I'm the kind of person who likes sub optimal goof builds in games anyways so tbh I'll probably still use BV on whatever weird witch I build in synthesis even if it's garbo. just do a curse build and have it and some support gems do the heavy lifting for me.

While I understand that big balancing patches like this are usually done in multiple parts, doing casters in one league and melee in another seems like a bad idea...? It really shifts the game balance in a way that screws over one big group of playstyles playstyle and any group of people who like said playstyles and not the other. I wish that the buffs/nerfs had maybe been split up in some other way, maybe by element..? I'm no game dev though, just a hobbyist.
Last edited by Infinipede on Mar 4, 2019, 7:24:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info