[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

"
Jase85182 wrote:
Do I need go soverinty route or small reduced mana node by leadership?

I assume you have a more advanced 3.6 video coming.
I've been just trying use best guess. The pastebin thing I can't seem to work. Just lines of code.

you need Path of Building downloaded, there you can import the build using that pastebin
Thanks for the well written guide, I've been enjoying your build so far!

I have one problem: I dont like how ice spear functions. Do you think it is possible to replace it with another skill, like freezing pulse for example? Or would that ruin the build?

"
Trashfrash wrote:
Thanks for the well written guide, I've been enjoying your build so far!

I have one problem: I dont like how ice spear functions. Do you think it is possible to replace it with another skill, like freezing pulse for example? Or would that ruin the build?

I'm really not an expert on the subject but I wanna try to answer: Ice Spear has a few really important properties:
- It scales with Cold damage which is our build (Winter Orb, Herald of Ice)
- It's a projectile spell (benefits from Greater Multiple Projectiles Support)
- The second form pierces through targets which provides much more damage since GMP turns it into a cone and it's got a very long range, making it easy to kill things offscreen

If you can find something that has similar synergies then you might find a good replacement, but I don't know all spells well enough to give a good answer.
Is the correct final gem setup on pastebin or on this section under "The Skill Gems for 3.6"?

Last edited by ousa on Mar 17, 2019, 8:42:31 AM
I am still using one 5L chest so i am not using power charge on crit but my power charges stay at 6 all the time, isnt it better to swap that gem for another one?
Thanks for this build guide @JN1K5, it's been very different from any other build I've followed in terms of ease of setup but it's been a very fun experience so far. I am currently level 74 and doing low tier maps, I was reading through your post concerning the chaos mitigation route until Shavs which is what I am planning to do, right now I don't have a lot of currency in terms of getting the quality of stuff you have on your POB, (an amulet like yours with 30 chaos res and tri stats couldn't be found for less than an ex for some reason) so right now I have 22% chaos res and I was wondering what should I be focusing on buying next and is that okay to run up to say tier 4's and 5's till I get a bit more currency.

I also had a question concerning the skill tree, the skill tree you have in the levelling section differs a bit from the one you have in the PoB for the chaos mitigation section for synthesis, which of those should I be following down this path? I just wanted some clarification about that.

I have attached a pastebin of my PoB if you don't mind taking a look at it. Thank you!

https://pastebin.com/DPJ1mN9V
Last edited by Lumina on Mar 17, 2019, 5:04:10 PM
6.5 Million DPS Ice Spear, 7K ES
https://pastebin.com/QuyBFJHb

2k ES Leech, Consecrated Ground (400 ES regen) + Occ Vile Basion (0-30% ES regen)

Running Herald of Ice, Hatred, Zealotry, Discipline, Artic Armour
(90% reserve on my corrupted helm atm w/ enlighten lvl 2 to run 5 auras)

Need more dex and fire resistances to free up skill points. I want to pick up a dying sun flask, level my enlighten to 3, and see if I can sup out my doedre's scorn for a +Ice spear projectile lab enchant later on.

Lots of upgrades still available.
Thinking of getting Yoke of the Suffering for elemental shock too

Might do a highlight video of my week 1 clips, def went hard this league ;)

My roommate got a headhunter, gg.
Last edited by CBR500 on Mar 17, 2019, 11:12:20 PM
This build seems great but there is one thing i don't understand : how did you handle all those auras ?
"
abexandre wrote:
This build seems great but there is one thing i don't understand : how did you handle all those auras ?

Some auras go to your health (Prism Guardian shield does that, also Blood Magic support), some auras go to your mana. You won't be able to have them all at once unless you get some "x% reduced mana reserved" on your passive tree.
BTW if you swap your amulet for Marylene's Fallacy you may get another 600k damage but lose like 9% ES, Do you often get low?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info