[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

Can someone post a video with the uber elder fight with this build ??
I can't win the fight ..Need to learn how to fight. PLEASEEE.

Gratz.
Wearing aspect of the spider belt and spinnerets and elder ring, my ES is sitting just above 6k. Seems a bit low.

I'm also having a lot of mana problems. How much mana per sec do I need to keep spamming WO? OP said there's no mana problems.

Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on May 7, 2019, 5:55:06 PM
"
Wearing aspect of the spider belt and spinnerets and elder ring, my ES is sitting just above 6k. Seems a bit low.

I'm also having a lot of mana problems. How much mana per sec do I need to keep spamming WO? OP said there's no mana problems.

I decided to not go AoS+ spinnerets, and instead went for Skyforth. Seems ok. Due to the amount of damage we already get I dropped Arcane Surge from FD (FD + Faster Casting + ArcSurge), and instead put in a Clarity (lvl 17 atm, but that's neither here nor there, I'll defo level it). With that setup and with a lvl 3 enlighten in gloves (Purity of E + HoI + Discipline + Enlighten 3). I have 206 mana unreserved and with that + clarity regen I ca spam for 11 sec before having to stop. Takes clarity about 2.5 to refill mana to full 206 again. As such if you're not spamming for 11 sec straight, you'll basically never run into mana problems.

Now, I have to say, I have an ok-ish wep + my tree is almost fully done, but with that in mind with gems in the main setup being between lvl 17 - 19, the all proj DPS with flasks up and pCharges going I get +/- 2.6mil dps on the ice spear 2nd form. That's more than enough imo to justify removing ArcSurge to alleviate mana issues. The end total once gems are leveled up (without any quality... just did a POB calc to see where I'd be sitting) should be just over or under 3 mil, which is decent.

Hope that helps.

PS: While I'm at it, just wanted to thank OP for the really in-dept build guide video + arelil for the great rework (currently doing a slightly tweaked version of his build). With self crafted gear I'm at 8k ES. Not terrible imo for someone who's only done one ES / ES LL char since 2013 XD Char is unlocked if you wanna have a nosey at the gem setup, respec'd Arc build "Pykno_Arc". Typical XD
I will write something here when I can think of something clever and amusing.
"
PyknoR wrote:
"

I decided to not go AoS+ spinnerets, and instead went for Skyforth. Seems ok. Due to the amount of damage we already get I dropped Arcane Surge from FD (FD + Faster Casting + ArcSurge), and instead put in a Clarity (lvl 17 atm, but that's neither here nor there, I'll defo level it). With that setup and with a lvl 3 enlighten in gloves (Purity of E + HoI + Discipline + Enlighten 3). I have 206 mana unreserved and with that + clarity regen I ca spam for 11 sec before having to stop. Takes clarity about 2.5 to refill mana to full 206 again. As such if you're not spamming for 11 sec straight, you'll basically never run into mana problems.

Now, I have to say, I have an ok-ish wep + my tree is almost fully done, but with that in mind with gems in the main setup being between lvl 17 - 19, the all proj DPS with flasks up and pCharges going I get +/- 2.6mil dps on the ice spear 2nd form. That's more than enough imo to justify removing ArcSurge to alleviate mana issues. The end total once gems are leveled up (without any quality... just did a POB calc to see where I'd be sitting) should be just over or under 3 mil, which is decent.

Hope that helps.

PS: While I'm at it, just wanted to thank OP for the really in-dept build guide video + arelil for the great rework (currently doing a slightly tweaked version of his build). With self crafted gear I'm at 8k ES. Not terrible imo for someone who's only done one ES / ES LL char since 2013 XD Char is unlocked if you wanna have a nosey at the gem setup, respec'd Arc build "Pykno_Arc". Typical XD

setup is looking great man, just keep upgrading your gear and get those gems to 20 or 21 and you'll be set! I would still recommend against clarity, mana flasks consume so few charges I found it much more effective to just constantly spam them while mapping / bossing to ensure I never was oom. Even with skyforths I still opted to run spider for the %damage bonus per web stack on enemies, but to each their own. For general mapping you may also want to swap out your ele focus support in your 6L with Energy Leech, I typically only dropped in ele focus when taking down shaper / uber elder for more dps. Mapping is quicker without it in as ele focus stops your HoI explosions from proccing.
That little strength suffix on the belt is destined to become a AoS, so that's on track. My stats are now sorted between the rings, gloves and shield :)

Still not super set on having to run a mana flask BUT, it's early days in the respec, I still need to come to grips with the play style, specifically positioning, so, ye, that will likely change once I have that sussed.

Re the EL, most certainly, I'll give it a bash, ty for the info. I purely went off your POB (via profile), so the 6.2mil deeps setup, as such I really appreciate the advise mate. As you say, back to leveling, need to get the gems to 20/20... or 21 if I'm lucky :D

EDIT: hey look, a lvl 19 EL from my arc char, bonus XD

EDIT2: Oh yes, the shatter from HoI is tasty ty ;)

EDIT3: OT - F me sideways... that wand is a biatch to craft... 800 alts in, have only seen the power charge mod twice D:

Edit4: well, that was an eventful evening. +2 shield: done (4 tries XD)
Last edited by PyknoR on May 9, 2019, 3:47:31 PM
Flashback is coming, I'm still torn, should I go with this,a herald of agony build or a totem build....what to chose.

How smooth is the leveling process with this build? I'm not really interested in uber elder as I don't really plan on going that far, but a smooth leveling process and maybe a shaper kill would be nice.
"
Nosferat wrote:
Flashback is coming, I'm still torn, should I go with this,a herald of agony build or a totem build....what to chose.

How smooth is the leveling process with this build? I'm not really interested in uber elder as I don't really plan on going that far, but a smooth leveling process and maybe a shaper kill would be nice.

If you're thinking of running this for flashback I would highly recommend going CI vs. lowlife. It would be nearly impossible to get a shavs, and without one its quite hard to effectively run LL.
... wish me luck on the regal :s (notorious bad luck with R's).

PS: only the 3rd time I've seen that in over 1000 alt/augs...

EDIT: will hold off, need to L3 my "Combo % increased spell damage + gain #% of non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage" craft first :/
Last edited by PyknoR on May 11, 2019, 8:32:39 AM
Ended up buying a wand, sitting pretty at 6.3 mil now (not shaper deeps), and still have one more gem slot / p charge to get (likely gem, in 3 levels). 9k ES (8.99 something something, that will be over 9K with a gem slot as per the plan). Likely will roll another wand just because (have a base ready to roll with P charge mod + int, which need t be annuled).

Current one:

Too bad I couldn't get one with a higher crit multi, but them's the breaks I suppose. Oh ye, and lvl 92 atm, so won't be on the ninja list as yet.
Last edited by PyknoR on May 21, 2019, 4:48:49 AM
can someone post a link to tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info