[3.9] Holy Totem Chieftain * Cheap & Strong League Starter with new holy spells! All content!

So I tried some of Mecielle's suggestions and righteous decree and the lucidity wheel almost solved my mana issues while running Anger/Herald of Ash I have been easily sustaining mana with just 1 mana pot and most mapping I havent even needed to use it, I have almost doubled my in game DPS
"
Don't take Primal Manifestation. The two totem cast speed nodes leading to it do not work for Holy Flame Totem. PoB says that they do, but ingame it isa clear that they don't. Without those two nodes, the big node alone is not worth it to get. But the first small node leading to it with 14% Totem Damage and 10% Placement Speed is really nice, get that if you want.

Can we get a confirmation on this? From everything I've read, its an in-game tooltip bug but should still apply correctly backend
"
Mecielle wrote:
Uber Elder should be doable. But not deathless unless you really know the fight. We simply lack defensive layers. No phys reduction, no dodge/evasion.

not that i care about uber elder, but this kinda sketches me out. i'm on hc, is this build rippy end game? i'm planning to take tukohama or whatever the taunt nodes are. should i take the other nodes for hc or is the taunt just too valuable?
"
LoCicero wrote:
"
Don't take Primal Manifestation. The two totem cast speed nodes leading to it do not work for Holy Flame Totem. PoB says that they do, but ingame it isa clear that they don't. Without those two nodes, the big node alone is not worth it to get. But the first small node leading to it with 14% Totem Damage and 10% Placement Speed is really nice, get that if you want.

Can we get a confirmation on this? From everything I've read, its an in-game tooltip bug but should still apply correctly backend

You are right, found out that it simply is not displayed but "should" work. But I won't take them anyway, other nodes give me more damage accoding to PoB, where the nodes are calculated correctly.

"
RyanTheNinja wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
Uber Elder should be doable. But not deathless unless you really know the fight. We simply lack defensive layers. No phys reduction, no dodge/evasion.

not that i care about uber elder, but this kinda sketches me out. i'm on hc, is this build rippy end game? i'm planning to take tukohama or whatever the taunt nodes are. should i take the other nodes for hc or is the taunt just too valuable?

With a HC playstyle you should be fine. You do have the totem leech and taunt and a health pool of 7500+ life if you prioritize life nodes.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 12, 2019, 11:43:02 PM
Im thinking of scrapping some skills and going with Kaom's Roots, this'll help a lot at uber elder too.
"
tommor wrote:
Im thinking of scrapping some skills and going with Kaom's Roots, this'll help a lot at uber elder too.

You gonna miss the movement speed..
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Movement speed is nice but in betreyal i found out that Kaom roots are OP for uber elder fight, Unwavering stance and "cannot be slowed below base value" are almost mandatory for this fight. With them i've done uber elder with 6,5k life, no special defenses (only armor and CWDT IC) even with abyssus.
"
tommor wrote:
Movement speed is nice but in betreyal i found out that Kaom roots are OP for uber elder fight, Unwavering stance and "cannot be slowed below base value" are almost mandatory for this fight. With them i've done uber elder with 6,5k life, no special defenses (only armor and CWDT IC) even with abyssus.

Of course, everybody uses them for the Uber fighte, but why use them the 99% of the other time when you are not fighting Uber lol. This is a "run around and sometimes use flame dash" build. Cant use Kaoms Roots for normal play.
Next update from my side. Shortly after doing Shaper I spawned Elder Influence on T14/15 maps. Had originally planned to get level 94 or even 95 before going for Uber Elder but decided to give it a go. Did the T16 Elder Guardians with no problems yesterday.

And today I killed Uber Elder. Had 3 deaths, which was about what I expected at the stage I am in.

But it proves what I said: If built right, Holy Flame Totems are absolutely insane. I am nowhere near geared out. With a level 21 gem, a good +1 gems and spell crit Shaper chest, better Amulet, better wands and a -9% fire res helmet I would almost double my Shaper DPS to 4 million.

I know I already did a long post about stuff concerning the build, but here is another quick reference guide:

- Essence of Hysteria crafted Opal rings are BiS imo. It is possible to use Mark of the Shaper + Essence crafted Elder Opal ring. But that is little damage gain for huge investment. And you lose the stats a rare ring would give.

- get the 120% crit or the 10% penetration enchant on your boots, both are insane damage boosts for only a small time investment.

- Anger Watcher's Eye "x% phys as extra fire damage"

- Proj. Speed is MANDATORY: Flame Totem proj. speed Helmet Enchant, 20%Q on Holy Flame Totem gem and Winds of Change, until all three are obtained, use Faster Projectiles support gem

- Links if above mentioned three proj. speed sources are met: HFT - Multiple Totems - Elemental Focus - Infused Channeling - Controlled Destruction - Fire Penetatrion. If not, sub in Faster Projectiles for Controlled Destruction.

- Cast speed and crit multi beat spell damage and spell crit on wands. Get all 4 of them if possible of course, but the first two are the most important

- I highly advice everybody to get Tukohama instead of Ramako if the goal is to do endgame content. I can say with 100% certainty that I could not have killed Uber Elder without the taunt.

- the changes I did to the tree are easier shown than written about, I will put the PoB link of my character after killing Uber Elder at the end of this post

- get Arcane Surge in some way. I use my curse setup to proc a level 10 Arcane Surge. People forget how much damage it gives... While Arcane Surge is up I gain 18% higher total DPS, more than both rings cobined. And the mana regen is great too.

- level with EO procced by Orb of Storms or Storm Brand

- Solutions to the mana problem the build has: mana regen on the tree, rings and amulet. Flat mana where possible. Enlighten 3 linked to HoA, Anger and Clarity. Get Righteous Decree in the Templar area.

- Alira for Bandits obviously

All this is just my take on things. Do your own thing if you want, but everything I mentioned above is "Best Practice" in my opinion.

And here is the PoB after the Uber Elder kill: https://pastebin.com/1D44L6eT

Had planned to stick with the build for a while longer, but having done everything in the game I am not so sure anymore. It is a lot of fun, so maybe I will keep going to level 95 or something.

Thanks to OP for the initial build!
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 13, 2019, 9:28:03 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
Next update from my side. Shortly after doing Shaper I spawned Elder Influence on T14/15 maps. Had originally planned to get level 94 or even 95 before going for Uber Elder but decided to give it a go. Did the T16 Elder Guardians with no problems yesterday.

And today I killed Uber Elder. Had 3 deaths, which was about what I expected at the stage I am in.

But it proves what I said: If built right, Holy Flame Totems are absolutely insane. I am nowhere near geared out. With a level 21 gem, a good +1 gems and spell crit Shaper chest, better Amulet, better wands and a -9% fire res helmet I would almost double my Shaper DPS to 4 million.

I know I already did a long post about stuff concerning the build, but here is another quick reference guide:

- Essence of Hysteria crafted Opal rings are BiS imo. It is possible to use Mark of the Shaper + Essence crafted Elder Opal ring. But that is little damage gain for huge investment. And you lose the stats a rare ring would give.

- get the 120% crit or the 10% penetration enchant on your boots, both are insane damage boosts for only a small time investment.

- Anger Watcher's Eye "x% phys as extra fire damage"

- Proj. Speed is MANDATORY: Flame Totem proj. speed Helmet Enchant, 20%Q on Holy Flame Totem gem and Winds of Change, until all three are obtained, use Faster Projectiles support gem

- Links if above mentioned three proj. speed sources are met: HFT - Multiple Totems - Elemental Focus - Infused Channeling - Controlled Destruction - Fire Penetatrion. If not, sub in Faster Projectiles for Controlled Destruction.

- Cast speed and crit multi beat spell damage and spell crit on wands. Get all 4 of them if possible of course, but the first two are the most important

- I highly advice everybody to get Tukohama instead of Ramako if the goal is to do endgame content. I can say with 100% certainty that I could not have killed Uber Elder without the taunt.

- the changes I did to the tree are easier shown than written about, I will put the PoB link of my character after killing Uber Elder at the end of this post

- get Arcane Surge in some way. I use my curse setup to proc a level 10 Arcane Surge. People forget how much damage it gives... While Arcane Surge is up I gain 18% higher total DPS, more than both rings cobined. And the mana regen is great too.

- level with EO procced by Orb of Storms or Storm Brand

- Solutions to the mana problem the build has: mana regen on the tree, rings and amulet. Flat mana where possible. Enlighten 3 linked to HoA, Anger and Clarity. Get Righteous Decree in the Templar area.

- Alira for Bandits obviously

All this is just my take on things. Do your own thing if you want, but everything I mentioned above is "Best Practice" in my opinion.

And here is the PoB after the Uber Elder kill: https://pastebin.com/1D44L6eT

Had planned to stick with the build for a while longer, but having done everything in the game I am not so sure anymore. It is a lot of fun, so maybe I will keep going to level 95 or something.

Thanks to OP for the initial build!

Holy shit you are fast :) gj killing UberElder after 5 days into the league. I think I will use this post in the guide some players might find this very interesting. Keep us up to date :)
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info