[3.6] OneShotBoom - IceNova on Frostbolt Quad Curse Occultist - Insane AoE & good QOL - all content

"
jmomo wrote:
Leveling felt okay up until I could get spell echo. Spell echo made everything die really fast until I got up to level 60 or the end of the main storyline, then things had really slowed down again. This is a build that can't be done well on a 4L or with lower end gear. It's just not a good starter build. You need lots of Ex, 6Ls, and warlord's mark rings to make this feel good.

Some kind of mana leech, such as with warlord's mark, is absolutely vital to this build.

I am still running both Ice Nova and Frostbolt on 4L's, having no issues up to T10 maps. The only sort of expensive thing that really 'enabled' this build was a warlords mark on hit ring for 50c.
what fossil should i use to craft a royal burgonet helm for this guide?
Thoughts on how to adapt this build to 3.7, now that Warlord's Mark doesn't work on spells? Been wanting to try this out, but maybe is ded =(.
What exactly did you change compared to Mathils build?

Aside from the PoB config, the most glaring difference being that yours is against trash while Mathil always uses Shaper as a reference. When you change it to the same one Mathils PoB uses, this one actually does less damage. Probably due to gear disparity. Even WITH the pipe-dream Precursor's Emblem. Your PoB also uses an Ice Nova enchant, while Mathil uses Flame Dash for more utility.

The skill tree is identical.

"
AngelaRanna wrote:
Thoughts on how to adapt this build to 3.7, now that Warlord's Mark doesn't work on spells? Been wanting to try this out, but maybe is ded =(.
Go Trickster for mana recovery, use Watcher's Eye with mana shenanigans and/or use Lavianga's Spirit.
Last edited by Cocofang on Jun 11, 2019, 6:05:32 PM
Is this build doable with Elementalist? I've not seen that mentioned anywhere, but I may be blind >_<
"
AngelaRanna wrote:

This build is definitely not dead in 3.7.... but I too took a slightly different route after being inspired.

I went CI/ES...

I dropped all power charge and crit nodes, except snowforged, and picked up 235% more damage from nodes in tree.

Then switched to a helmet giving me 80% more damage on triple cursed enemies, Doedre's Scorn. This also has +2 to two of my curses, Ele Weak and FrostBite.

I have another +2 staff with over 100% more raw damage.... and other gear doing similar.

Overall I'm achieving crazy high damage, very good aoe, and vaal nova is an amazing legion clear as well. This build will definitely be my new league starter, although it's a little slow in the low levels, it takes off up top.
"
ExpatJohnny wrote:
"
AngelaRanna wrote:

This build is definitely not dead in 3.7.... but I too took a slightly different route after being inspired.

I went CI/ES...

I dropped all power charge and crit nodes, except snowforged, and picked up 235% more damage from nodes in tree.

Then switched to a helmet giving me 80% more damage on triple cursed enemies, Doedre's Scorn. This also has +2 to two of my curses, Ele Weak and FrostBite.

I have another +2 staff with over 100% more raw damage.... and other gear doing similar.

Overall I'm achieving crazy high damage, very good aoe, and vaal nova is an amazing legion clear as well. This build will definitely be my new league starter, although it's a little slow in the low levels, it takes off up top.

Got a POB for this? i want to try this out in 3.8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info