Alternate Art not usable anywhere but standard is just silly

"
Reinhart wrote:
My mistake if I wasn't clear but I was actually referring to Zee with my last sentence.

account previously referenced. (I gifted the item creation privilege to scrotiemcb and he had GGG to make the 8c=armor drops after guardian dies mod. disappointing... he wanted to make the 'Atma Blade' 2h sword that increased damage as you leveled but that kind of mod was considered out of the question.)

I think GGG should do whatever they want with this - some kind of use as a decoration would not bother me at all, it would still affect the markets somewhere, but really... nobody is going to give a damn. and tbh I dont get to play pubic games anymore anyhow so I would not even really care that much whatever they do. (my point was to tell GGG that this will compete for their MTX $$ and would make items in standard valuable to hc/challenge only players - not that much that it bothers me personally) there might be an issue with people equipping several demigods items to look enormous on day one of a new season blotting out the sun - take that size thing away at the very least if they do it.

thanks for asking!
Zee

Last edited by Wyand_Voidbringer on Feb 22, 2019, 8:52:55 PM
"

I think GGG should do whatever they want with this - some kind of use as a decoration would not bother me at all, it would still affect the markets somewhere, but really... nobody is going to give a damn. and tbh I dont get to play pubic games anymore anyhow so I would not even really care that much whatever they do. (my point was to tell GGG that this will compete for their MTX $$ and would make items in standard valuable to hc/challenge only players - not that much that it bothers me personally) there might be an issue with people equipping several demigods items to look enormous on day one of a new season blotting out the sun - take that size thing away at the very least if they do it.

thanks for asking!
Zee

Thank you for your answer.

I don't fully agree that alt arts might compete with their mtx shop. What ZiggyD once proposed was that GGG offers a permanent skin mtx (which you still have to purchase for GGGgold) that destroys the item but you get the 3D art available as a skin in your cosmetics tab. Also it is not that there is an infinite amount of alt arts ingame. At one point most of them will be used up.

I can somewhat believe that these will become more attractive in the eyes of hc/challenge players. But personally I don't see anything wrong with having chase items in this game.

The percentage of people wearing demigods items is superslim. You probably will never see one ingame.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
They've promised we will get possibility to use Alt Art items as MTX few leagues ago...

How do I know?

Well, I was preparing for when the time come, but it looks they forgot their promise:

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Last edited by G0rr on Feb 23, 2019, 4:30:40 AM
"
LumpsIsHigh wrote:
Alternate art, some of the most attractive designs in the game, aren't available in new leagues? That is just missing the boat drastically.

For anyone that plays leagues exclusively, your work is then lost.

Mind to tell me how you even get alternate art items in a league these days?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info