Finding T1 maps SSF

Hi, I know the season is almost over, but wondering what areas I can farm to try to get T1 maps (or T2).

I started maps with 21 T1s, bought 2 more T1's from Zana and only got 3 T2 maps as drops from those 23.
I also bought 2 T2s from her. Problem is I can't get her to refresh her inventory as I need one of the T2s I don't have to do her daily, and have no more maps to try to farm with.
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2019, 7:45:50 PM
Are you somewhat full clearing (<50 mobs) maps? Make them magic or rare, or just white?

t1 maps start dropping around zone lvl 50 or 55 and i've never ever heard of anyone running out of t1 maps..
"
Nubatack wrote:
Are you somewhat full clearing (<50 mobs) maps? Make them magic or rare, or just white?

t1 maps start dropping around zone lvl 50 or 55 and i've never ever heard of anyone running out of t1 maps..

Full clear (0 monsters left) on at least blue maps, some yellow. Generally reroll the blue until it gives decent map stats, don't much care what the modifiers are as I don't really die too much other than to some Syndicate and of course Act bosses.

I did this on the normal Betrayal league and had no problems, but then I could just trade for what I needed. My not very good character build was the issue there.
"
Hellishly wrote:

I started maps with 21 T1s, bought 2 more T1's from Zana and only got 3 T2 maps as drops from those 23.

Did you get t1 maps from that tho? I'm assuming not since you said you have no maps left, just seems very unlikely. Are you using a filter that hides them?
Last edited by Nubatack on Feb 21, 2019, 8:14:08 PM
"
Nubatack wrote:
"
Hellishly wrote:

Did you get t1 maps from that tho? I'm assuming not since you said you have no maps left, just seems very unlikely. Are you using a filter that hides them?

I got a couple T1s as drops (Atoll and Ramparts), but nothing from those.
I was using a filter at first, had one map drop while using it. Turned it off though just in case, still wasn't getting map drops. (Got a huge collection of uniques and many chromatic and fusing orbs though).
I'm guessing it's just a case of RNG being a b*tch when it comes to maps.

I don't mind having to run zones to get them, just was hoping people knew of which areas are the best to farm.
The most popular zone to farm pre-maps is blood aqueducts and t1 maps drop there. If you are fine with that go ahead i guess.
Do you know about 3-1 recipe to upgrade maps? Should help progress atlas, not gona give more drops tho, only gives a better chance of getting higher tier maps. If i were you and next 20 maps yielded same results i would look into atlas progression guides - might find something you missed. I would understand if you just couldn't go up in tier, but running out of maps completely shouldn't really happen ever..
Not too long ago I was having similar issue starting out in SSF, where I wasn't able to sustain T1 maps. I was able to occasionally run a few T3 or T4 maps, or I would do a Zana mission which was higher tier and that helps with maps a bit.

I personally like to alternate between the reliquary and the ossuary in order to farm for chaos while I am trying to get maps.
"
Hellishly wrote:
Hi, I know the season is almost over, but wondering what areas I can farm to try to get T1 maps (or T2).

I also bought 2 T2s from her. Problem is I can't get her to refresh her inventory as I need one of the T2s I don't have to do her daily, and have no more maps to try to farm with.

Have you tried to run Niko's Delve? I haven't run Delve that many times, but it seem at least in Betrayal (the normal, not SSF) that you will get maps as loot and plenty of unique item. First time I did run Delve I where a bit surprised of how much loot you will get compared to farm Blood Aquaduct or The Quarry. Just make sure that you let Niko dig in normal maps when you finds his spots to have enough Sulphite to travel with his Crawler.

It could be different drop rates depending on SSF or non-SSF Betrayal, but run Delve, farming Acts that spawn maps and maybe also do Syndicate as I have had some maps drop from doing that too. (There is also one Syndicate member that also give you some maps as reward in Safehouse, if you can manage to get that person in the right division.)

EDIT: I forgot that you can also get maps from running The Merciless Labyrinth. That shouldn't cost you anything compared when you run Eternal and need a token to enter.

//RexyCat
Last edited by RexyCat on Feb 24, 2019, 9:06:59 AM
Don't forget that Alva also gives maps via incursion Rooms (Surveyor's Study and Storage Room, plus their upgraded versions) and loot drop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info