Why don't T16 Elder Grotto maps ever drop? (I have 154/159 atlas and completed zana questline)

So, since placing elder orb on grotto, I've run about 200 T14-T16 maps and not one elder grotto T16 has dropped. I've added cartography scarabs 3 times, anywhere from 0 to 5 sextants. All maps are chiselled and alced, many vaaled.

I have probably collected about 30 T16 guardian maps, but not the elder grotto.

I doubt that rng can be this rng....
Last edited by InsiderTradingX on Feb 21, 2019, 8:02:33 AM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2019, 9:25:46 AM
Hm it seems strange to me but you should remove Guardian maps if you want to run (drop) t16 Groto map.
There´s a thread about sustaining t16 maps.
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 21, 2019, 8:15:30 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
Hm it seems strange to me but you should remove Guardian maps and let Groto the only one t16 map able to drop.

but then i can't do uber elder, and i lose a sextant....
"
"
Rakiii wrote:
Hm it seems strange to me but you should remove Guardian maps and let Groto the only one t16 map able to drop.

What do you mean loose a sextant? Finish current maps with sextant(s) and run t16 Grotto with full sextant then if you want to farm this map.

Chisels, alchs, vaals (corruption) or Zana mod - probably Abyss (you can add prophecies etc) is a must have to sustain (but it´s not guaranteed).
Besides maps you should get lots of currency (if you have quantity gear even better), elite bases, Abyss staff (while running Abyss map mod) etc.

You can use map scarabs (probably on the highest pack sized / quantity maps) if you can afford and it makes a sense (check the market prices for both maps / scarabs).
There´s a detailed thread how to sustain t16 maps.

Btw do you need Uber Elder for challenge? Do it once and you can farm t16 Grotto then it´s more more profitable anyway but it´s up to you. You can´t have all.
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 21, 2019, 8:34:53 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
"
Rakiii wrote:

What do you mean loose a sextant? Finish current maps with sextant(s) and run t16 Grotto with full sextant then if you want to farm this map.

Do you need Uber Elder for challenge? Do it once and you can farm t16 Grotto then it´s more more profitable anyway but it´s up to you. You can´t have all.

if i undo t16 guardian maps i lose the 5th sextant. but that's beside the point - shouldn't the elder map drop from running t15 and t16 maps? and sometimes t14 bosses?
Well it should but let me ask a stupid question ... did you really use Elder orb and not the shaper orb? (do you have t16 grotto?).
Otherwise it´s pretty strange to not drop a singl t16 Grotto but still possible very rare though.
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 21, 2019, 8:41:34 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
Well it should but let me ask a stupid question ... did you really use Elder orb and not the shaper orb? (do you have t16 grotto?).
Otherwise it´s pretty strange to not drop a singl t16 Grotto but still possible very rare though.

yep, used the Elder Orb. I have T16 Grotto, have had it for about 1-2 days now, and run a lot of maps. i might email support about it.
"
"
Rakiii wrote:

yep, used the Elder Orb. I have T16 Grotto, have had it for about 1-2 days now, and run a lot of maps. i might email support about it.

Ok so probably just bad luck (you have five tier16 maps).
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 21, 2019, 8:48:52 AM
I have also used orb of horizons on about twenty guardian maps, and none of them became the grotto map either. makes me think there is a bug in the game....
maybe it's cause of your filter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info