Boring animations and skills?

I find the skills underwhelming to look at, uninspired cleaves and leaping attacks, followed by unispired art directions

Just my 2 cents
I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way.
From what I understand, everything is still a work in progress. In the beta forum, someone made a comment about one of the skills not looking that cool and a dev said he would fix it up on Monday.
From what I have seen, I love the skills and art style, but the running I think was a bit odd to me. That said, I only watched a bit. Good thing I just got into the beta and now can see it firsthand! :)
I would expect the animations to become more fluid and have more pizazz as the game gets closer to launch. A lot of the aesthetics are rough right now (like the UI, which Chris has already shown will be replaced), which is normal for a beta. Right now they're trying to work out bugs and game play mechanics. As the game gets closer to going gold we'll start seeing the eye candy come out.
The skill animations really are lacking right now. Spammed skills do not differ in any way, which is kind of boring. Should have multiple animations for certain skills IMO.
"
brnjsltz wrote:
The skill animations really are lacking right now. Spammed skills do not differ in any way, which is kind of boring. Should have multiple animations for certain skills IMO.

I have great confidence that something will be done to the issue prior to launch :)
Seems like you're expecting too much for free. There will be different animations, for real cash, of course.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
I know where the OP is coming from, but its still better than what D3 is looking..the atmosphere is PERFECT
Bear in mind some of the skills look fairly lackluster at a low level but when gemmed are visually more impressive. For example, Ground Slam doesn't look too hot (pun intended) at first, but I was watching a stream where the player's GS was way longer than the default one... looked a lot cooler as a result.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info