Boring animations and skills?

As I look at streams it feels like sword hits dont have that swing, that strong hit, you dont feel that power. When I look at Diablo III video of Monk gameplay, you can feel that power, that you do real damage. Thats one of very few things I dont like at PoE so far...but it might change, I havent played it yet :)
Hodor? HODOR!
This is the first public version of the game. Bear this in mind.
I am sure they will adjust this in the future.
Animations and giving them all the flair typically come near the end of the process. Right now they are more focused towards getting the remaining content done, bugs, mechanics, balance, stressing etc.

Flashy effects can be done later when the core systems and game are in place.

I wouldn't put too much worry into them at the moment.
"
Overpowered wrote:
As I look at streams it feels like sword hits dont have that swing, that strong hit, you dont feel that power. When I look at Diablo III video of Monk gameplay, you can feel that power, that you do real damage. Thats one of very few things I dont like at PoE so far...but it might change, I havent played it yet :)

The latest Monk video that I watched, the monk was flailing all over the place, but the mobs took forever to go down. What power?
Big Bark, little bite.
"
Nightreaver wrote:
"
Overpowered wrote:

The latest Monk video that I watched, the monk was flailing all over the place, but the mobs took forever to go down. What power?
Big Bark, little bite.
Obviously they'll increase the power later in a patch, but they are focusing on making combat fun and satisfying, which is what an aarpg is all about.
"
Nightreaver wrote:

Big Bark, little bite.

I agree, although Blizzard could very well change their monk class so be harder hitting. My problem was "Hurf one of my fists glows bright green and durf the other is bright purple." That just looked silly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info