0.9.7d Patch Notes

Yes nice update, luckiliy with a tree wipe again so i can better allocate my skills this time. And my axes look sweet now altough their appearance don't match the inventory pic anymore (ono's)? Will this be updated in the future?

Again nice work and big tx for this great game!!!!

edit maybe i should upload my axes
Unavailable

Unavailable
Last edited by hadoryuken on Mar 23, 2012, 9:47:36 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Karakkonor wrote:
I am talking about the numerous times I've walked up to one, right clicked, and in the moment it takes my computer to process this right click and upload it to request the server to do whatever that right mouse button was supposed to do, the shaman casts Molten Shell and I die.
I've experienced this too, but I don't necessarily think that the mobs hit too hard simply because we have lag or sync issues. I'd rather fix the lag and keep the mob damage but have to adjust play tactics.
I never stated lag, it doesn't necessarily have to take as long as it takes you to read that part of the sentence. It just seems like a bit much punishment that the less tanky classes in the game can be punished in the way of a 15% experience loss simply because they could not see the Molten Shell being cast .1 second before their attack hits. That's shitty game design.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
"
Karakkonor wrote:
That's shitty game design.

That's shitty playing. I've tried out a whole bunch of builds and never once had this problem. It sounds like you're taking an incredibly rare coincidence and using it to justify some major gameplay nerfs. Really, you just need to pay more attention to what you're doing and not attack things indiscriminately. Discouraging sloppy and inattentive gameplay at high levels is good game design. Or are you just one of those people that whines anytime anything kills you?

It takes a shaman a full second to cast his Molten Shield and it's typically very predictable when he'll do it. His casting animation is also very obvious. A high level duelist should easily be attacking 2+ times per second. You're saying that somehow in the 0.5 seconds that it takes you to play your attack animation the shaman begins and completes his one second casting of Molten Shield? Give me a break. If you can't be bothered to pay attention to this stuff then you shouldn't play Chaos. End of story.
Forum Sheriff
"
Karakkonor wrote:
Molten Shell shamans still hit way too hard. With 73% fire resistance and 1400 HP, a white shaman brings me down to 100 HP and the blue ones are a guaranteed instant kill for my Duelist.

Thats why there are life nodes!!! Iam playing hc if i die there go more than 15%exp,its so stupid whine ,if u dont take any armor and life nodes!!!...only dmg.
"
Karakkonor wrote:
I never stated lag, it doesn't necessarily have to take as long as it takes you to read that part of the sentence. It just seems like a bit much punishment that the less tanky classes in the game can be punished in the way of a 15% experience loss simply because they could not see the Molten Shell being cast .1 second before their attack hits. That's shitty game design.

1400hp for 70lvl is way too low. Besides, 15% exp is nothing. L2p.
Boom baby!
"
Chris wrote:
  • Reduced the largest of the defensive mods available on high end items.

Anyone knows the current maximums? Were the numbers at Item Data updated?
Yes please leave Chaos as hard as it was if it got any easier. I lost mt lvl 72 Hardcore to it the other day and it wasn't that hard I just made a dumb mistake and wasn't wearing enough armor. I rarely got hit but didin't actually notice the difference until I died :P. It should be nice and hard and not a cakewalk :).
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
"
jamppa80 wrote:
"
Karakkonor wrote:
Molten Shell shamans still hit way too hard. With 73% fire resistance and 1400 HP, a white shaman brings me down to 100 HP and the blue ones are a guaranteed instant kill for my Duelist.

Thats why there are life nodes!!! Iam playing hc if i die there go more than 15%exp,its so stupid whine ,if u dont take any armor and life nodes!!!...only dmg.

+77% in HP nodes. I already gave up half of my damage pre .9.7 to get defensive nodes and you want me to go even further? I've taken all the nodes up to the fucking Marauder 15% node just to maximize my durability. Shitloads of additional armor nodes, maxed resists, 1400 Hp and I still get one shotted? Bitch please, this is terrible game design. This is worse than oblivion knights and fucking iron maiden.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
Last edited by Karakkonor on Mar 23, 2012, 8:56:28 PM
"
Karakkonor wrote:
"
jamppa80 wrote:
"
Karakkonor wrote:

+77% in HP nodes. I already gave up half of my damage pre .9.7 to get defensive nodes and you want me to go even further? I've taken all the nodes up to the fucking Marauder 15% node just to maximize my durability. Shitloads of additional armor nodes, maxed resists, 1400 Hp and I still get one shotted? Bitch please, this is terrible game design. This is worse than oblivion knights and fucking iron maiden.

LOL you mad, and trying to troll. Congrats on being butthurt. Maybe if you keep cussing you can earn a ban too. The sky is the limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info