0.9.7d Patch Notes

After logging in to a character with reset skills, you may find yourself unable to move. This is because you used to have a skill on your left mouse button that is now unavailable due to requirements. Just allocate your passives or bind Default Attack to your left mouse button.

Version 0.9.7d
  • We've wiped all the passive skills again. Please take care reallocating your passives so that you can use your equipment and gems.
  • Adjusted the attack speeds and damage of monsters throughout the game so that larger monsters have shorter pauses between attacks (and less damage, reducing the chance of being killed in one hit). Pack monsters such as Bandits or Spawns still have the old behaviour. All bosses or monsters in the Maelstrom of Chaos have the new faster behaviour. Overall monster damage per second is not modified, just the timing of it. This should help address concerns with damage spikes.
  • The artwork (and names) of some weapons have changed as we work towards final weapon progressions. Large overhauls to their levels and properties are coming in the future.
  • Added Unnatural Calm notable passive in Witch area of the passive skill tree, improving Energy Shield.
  • Added a second Fitness notable passive in the Witch area of the passive skill tree.
  • Added several new life passives around the passive skill tree.
  • All Armour, Evasion, and Energy Shield passives were improved.
  • Added two increased duration passives for each Charge type.
  • Added a Life Regeneration per Endurance Charge passive.
  • Added an increased Evasion Rating per Frenzy Charge passive.
  • Added an increased Spell Damage per Power Charge passive.
  • Slightly reduced the Armour and Evasion values on armours above level 30.
  • Reduced the largest of the defensive mods available on high end items.
  • Reduced the values of the Area of Effect support gem at higher levels so that it wasn't far more effective than other support gems.
  • Adjusted the Goat Shaman's Molten Shell.
  • Fixed the interaction between Chaos Inoculation and Blood Magic so that there's no crazy bugged death state any more. If you try to reserve life or mana when you have both of these keystones, you will now die properly.
  • Updated a lot of miscellaneous audio.
  • Power Siphon now works on shattered enemies correctly.
  • Fixed calculations related to increased attack speed and critical strike multiplier on weapons.
  • Updated some aura effects.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Mar 22, 2012, 5:25:07 AM
#1 :p
LadyXYZ_ - Crit Tornado / Ranger 84
BlaueNudel - Crit Cascade Waller / Witch 70
SchwarzeNudel - Flicker Dual Strike Leap Slam'er IIR/IIQ / Duelist 70
SchnittlauchMitKetchup - GH / Marauder 58
Gah, and I just got my build how I liked it!
The patch is 215mb because of incremental art and sound changes (they're not listed individually in the notes, but hopefully you'll notice them).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I like these changes, gonna check them ingame now!
Insan
"
Chris wrote:
  • Adjusted the Goat Shaman's ...

This line should have read:

Adjusted the Goat Shaman's Fireball range. They will no longer cast Fireballs from two screens away before you even see them for the first time.

*edit* lol @ the 6% life nodes sprinkled randomly throughout the witch area...I run Eldritch Battery and don't bother with the 6%'s behind Divine Toughness. Only take the 6%'s under Arcane focus cause they are in my way.
Last edited by Lo4f on Mar 22, 2012, 6:00:53 AM
Kind of frustrating to have my passive skills wiped again so soon... but hey it's a beta.
Feel free to add me on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xorjt
GGG_FanBoy_101
awesome :)

I like the thing about blood magic and chaos inoculation as I was just thinking about it maybe 15minutes ago and had decided I was going to try if it was bugged or not. This saved me 20 levels + death on a character I wasn't going to use :)
"
Xorjt wrote:
Kind of frustrating to have my passive skills wiped again so soon... but hey it's a beta.

Agreed, but on the other hand, many people who allocated their passives in a bad way after 0.9.7 (before they saw how hard it was) have been begging me for a reset...

Though the passive reset was because of tree changes, rather than the begging.
I'm downloading the update now. Right before this, I was soloing in Chaos and ran across those fire shamans. They would use molten shell and I would one shot myself. I had 75% fire res, 1500 life and 90% damage reduction(not that that matters). Is their damage changed so that I don't have to bypass them now? Or wait for it to wear off?
Last edited by RinTheToon on Mar 22, 2012, 5:38:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info