How do I improve my DPS?

Hello.
My main character (Aussenseiter) is currently level 85. According to various sources my DPS around this level should be 50k~80k, however Path of Building tells me that I have roughly 20k.
How do I increase my damage? I don't see any ways to make my weapons stronger or get any noticeable skill nodes that would basically double my output.
Am I missing something?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Außenseiter/characters
Last edited by Außenseiter on Jan 21, 2019, 1:28:03 PM
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2019, 7:45:27 AM
Maybe offensive flasks, as you only have defensive flasks? Better gear would be nice (your belt and jewelry are quite weak). Maybe also enchanting them with offensive mods? I never played near pure phys char, can't comment much.

Did you tweak the configuration at PoB to better simulate your build? If you turn on enemies maimed you gain 3k DPS.
Last edited by Zphyr on Jan 21, 2019, 1:46:19 PM
What are the sources you are looking at for comparison? Should be easy to look up a build you are going for and compare the two. Obvious wrong things are: Life gain on hit support should not be used and lgoh should be gained from other sources (gear). Roll better flasks - not necessarily offensive ones, but get curse immune, get freeze immune - that won't directly increase damage, but will allow to deal damage consistently instead of having to run around debuffed. Jewels can be upgraded. And possibly the biggest problem for you is going full phys - it's harder to scale properly, you are missing out on a lot of damage from hatred + herald of ash. And your swords aren't very good. And to fix your mana problem just get 1 life/mana leech node above iron reflexes
Thanks for the input!
I have some questions:
How exactly do I upgrade Jewels? By increasing their rarity or they also have "quality" stat that I can upgrade?
How do I make better sword? All crafting recipes I have only add up to +80% phys damage, something already rolled on these.
There apparently is a recipe for multiple crafts on one item, but it's somewhere deep in the end game.
Will replacing dread banner and herald of purity with hatred and herald of ash be better or I can somehow have all of them at once?

Oh and I also tried to pick up jewelry that would give me elemental and chaos resistance, so maybe that's why I ignored ones with damage bonuses.
Was that a mistake? I currently have 75% in all elemental res and 55% chaos res.
It stopped syndicate members and map bosses from one shotting me, but I didn't fight Atziri or any red map bosses yet.
Last edited by Außenseiter on Jan 21, 2019, 9:13:41 PM
"
Außenseiter wrote:
Thanks for the input!
I have some questions:
How exactly do I upgrade Jewels? By increasing their rarity or they also have "quality" stat that I can upgrade?
How do I make better sword? All crafting recipes I have only add up to +80% phys damage, something already rolled on these.
There apparently is a recipe for multiple crafts on one item, but it's somewhere deep in the end game.
Will replacing dread banner and herald of purity with hatred and herald of ash be better or I can somehow have all of them at once?

No quality on jewels. In general you just want to have life + some damage/utility. As melee - attack speed is amazing. No good way to get anything specific easily in ssf, so just keep an eye for nice ones. If you find a magic jewel with 2 good stats, one of which is life - regal it.

Can't you craft flat phys on Rift hunger? How to make a sword? Million ways :D
If you don't know much about crafting and playing ssf i'm not sure what to recommend other than to try and learn crafting by looking up info on that, but some people hate me when i say that so idk :( I'm too lazy to explain it here sorry lol You can find all crafting recipes and where to find them here . Multimod you are talking about is 2ex and therefore not very ssf viable. I'n not sure what tier maps are you in to really suggest specific things. You could get some crafting bases in delve for example, but idk if you even been there. Temple can drop melee weapons with very high % phys + phys as chaos, but you've only done 1 temple so far (maybe 2?)
Get the other banner whatever it's called. Just use hatred + herald of ash, hatred is a huge damage boost and herald of ash help with aoe clear. DON'T support your auras unless you are focusing on them in a specific build. Otherwise instead of that increased mana reserved you could just use whole other aura and get more benefit.
And where is your fortify? :D
Thanks for the reply!
My fortify is in champion node. I know I'm supposed to use it on movement skills, but it's too stressful in dangerous fights to keep an eye on it and recast every 5 seconds, so I'd rather lose on something else but have it 100% uptime with no hassle.

Wow with just replacing a few gems I got my DPS to 30k.
Replacing rings will probably be a lot harder.
Last edited by Außenseiter on Jan 21, 2019, 11:59:13 PM
Oh my bad forgot you are a champ :) ssf is rough in general for gear. Look into crafting a bit should help
Did you check "enemy is taunted" in PoB?
Did you check "enemy is hit by both waves" of lacerate?

There's no way you only deal this pitiful amount of damage.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I messed around with gems since I posted the topic, so at this moment pob gives me 40k dps with some just level 1 gems like vulnerability.
I'm still messing around with it according to posts above.
My biggest concern is while giving up life gain on hit gem gives me huge DPS increase, it also makes me a lot less tanky.
Should I take lgoh nodes from the tree? They seem so small though.
Last edited by Außenseiter on Jan 22, 2019, 3:01:46 AM
Just put 1 point into any life leech node.
There's a whole cluster of life leech right next to duelist start, but one point of +.4% life leech should be enough for now to keep you alive in the content you can realistically beat with your SSF gear set.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info