Cold snap can't be used?

Using enki's arc witch guide and I have cold snap with immortal call, cast when damage taken and increased duration gems. When I hover it shows a linked red D and then an ! saying it can't be used. This is on the boots and using dual wands for now. Am I doing something wrong? I think immortal call doesn't go off as well.
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2019, 3:21:27 PM
"Can't be used" means you can't cast it manually.

If it's linked to a trigger, this is expected and intentional.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I am playing Enki's Arc Witch

I have not had problems with either of these gems.

Your account is set to private so I can look at your gear and gems to give you more advise.

You might have the gems over levelled so that might be the issue.

Keep CwDt at Lv1, Immortal Call at Lv3 and Cold Snap at Lv7 for consistent procs!

This is right from Enki's guide.

Take a look at your gem levels. You might have to re-level them if they are far too high.

If they are only a couple of levels higher you can use an Orb of Scouring and go to a vendor with the gem and sell it to them, they will give you the same gem back just 1 level lower. So you can get Cast When Damage take from level 2 to level 1.

If they are way over levelled you can sell the gem to a vendor with an Orb of Regret and get the same gem back at level 1. So you can make a level 13 gem down to level 1.

I have at those levels and just made my account public!
No you don't. Your cold snap (lvl 7) can only be triggered by CWDT (lvl 1) and can't be used manually as expected, however your immortal call (lvl 6) is overleveled and won't trigger when hit.

Be aware of the "required level".
Last edited by Zphyr on Jan 21, 2019, 2:06:22 PM
"
dartktree wrote:
I have at those levels and just made my account public!

Yeah, your whole gem set up is off.

I replied to your PM.

Once you fix the gem set-up you will see a big difference.

I play on Xbox was in SSF and I got to t6 maps without an issue.
Only using rares and a Tabula.

Also, you broke away from Enki's Passive Tree.

And you also took the spell damage nodes over the cast speed nodes at the beginning of the tree.

We do not need spell damage so much you want to cast faster.
Casting faster gives us a better chance to get Elemental Overload to proc more.

You have 2 Jewels in place that are not needed.
Enki does not us these jewels, we save those spots for when we get really good Jewel drops.

Take those points away and use them to make your way over to the left side of the board where Enki tells us to go to.

There are 11 points you need to replace.
The 3 Spell Damage at the beginning.
The 3 points used in the Jewel Nodes.
The 5 points used in getting to Static Blows Node.

Use these to points to get the following.
The 3 Cast Speed Nodes at the beginning
4 points to make your way to the Devotion Life node.
4 points to make your way up to the Minion Damage nodes and Spiritual Aid.

Just follow Enki's guide exactly the way it is and you won't have problems.

Any more questions just ask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info