[3.5] Skeleton Warrior Aurabot - over 70 minions and great dps

Introduction:

This build uses skeletons, zombies, spectres, phantasms and a good old stone golem. The cheap version uses 6 auras while the expensive version uses 7 making it great for party play as well as solo. It can do just about all content, though I have yet to test it vs uber elder.

There are two versions in this guide. The main one is a low budget, beginner friendly, league starter viable version which does not use spectres. The min/maxed version is more of a showcase to show how the build can look if you have some more currency to spend and is hidden behing the green spoilers.

Videos:

Shaper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6UrnuIiyZo&feature=youtu.be

Pros/Cons:

+Don't need to 6l your chest, in fact a 4s is enough :O
+Can make do with a 5l Weapon
+Clear speed isn't bad
+Single target damage is great
+If you play with others they will love you
+Safe playstyle - just stand behind your minions
+Can be used as a league starter
+SO MANY MINIONS

-Somewhat squishy - might want to skip some end game bosses
-So many minions that it can be hard to see stuff sometimes
-At high levels your skellies can die quickly which reduces your dps
-No leech and no life regeneration because of Zealot's Oath so life flasks are a must

Items:

Spoiler

Required:

Victario's Influence is an absolute must have. As mentioned before, it does not need to be linked. Mod priorities: Aura effect > AOE > EV/ES.

Strongly Recommended:

The movement speed is amazing and the +1 to skeletons, zombies and spectres is also great. The duration roll is irrelevant.
Tip for league starters: Do not buy a Queen's Escape!!! Instead buy a Queen's Decree and upgrade it using the prophecy. Just bookmark a trade search of Queen's Decree swords with 15% minion life and damage and keep checking it. You will be able to buy one for only about 1c and the prophecy is also only 1c. Repeat until you have a decent movement speed roll and sell the bad Escapes for ez profit :D

Rares:

Use energy shield base items with high life rolls. These are usually pretty cheap because most people using ES bases don't want life mods.

Try and get +2 to minion gems on your helmet. You also need plenty of dexterity to run the green gems. Other than that you just need to cap your resistances and get at least 25% movement speed on your boots. Stuff like this is fine (cost around 1-2c each):

I used these two items on my first character in the abyss league. I went all the way into red maps with them without too many problems, though I would strongly recommend upgrading because I did die a couple of times.

Jewels:

From Dust
The Necromancer Ascendancy gives us +2 and this jewel gives another +2 for a total of 5 skeletons per cast. This helps a lot with general clear speed as well as vs bosses because you don't have to stand around casting them all the time.

Rare Ghastly Eye Jewels
Try to get Ghastly Eye Jewels with maximum life and minions taunt and blind. Use a Stygian Vise for another. One T1 blind/taunt mod is enough to have enemies constantly debuffed.

To Dust
This jewel offers a decent amount of damage and is quite affordable.

For teh Rich bois:

Spoiler
The following three items were self crafted in Delve league using bound fossils in single socket resonators. These are very cheap often only costing about 1c per try.

This helmet is the key to letting us use spectres because the Minion Life Support mod frees a gem slot. The reduced mana reserved is great for the auras and allows us to run a high level Clarity to be able to use power and frenzy charge monkey spectres (more about that later).

Nice +1 to spectres.

Just like with the helmet, the reduced mana reserved is for Clarity.

My Current Gear:

Important: I am using one From Dust and three To Dust jewels, each with the reduced mana reservation corruption to be able to run the level 21 clarity!

Gem Links:

Spoiler

Skeletons (Queen's Escape): (in order) Vaal Summon Skeleton, Minion Damage, Ruthless, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Maim.

Extra info:
Spoiler
You do not need melee splash! This just reduces the damage and forces you do gem swap for bosses which is annoying. The fact that the skeletons have ~200% increased movement speed means they close the distance to enemies really fast and then multistrike lets them kill up to 3 enemies each. A lot of the clear speed actually comes from zombie/stone golem slams and from the phantasms

Other minions (Helmet): Raise Zombie, Summon Stone Golem, Summon Phantasm on Kill, Minion Life.

Extra info:
Spoiler
If you do get your hands on an elder helmet with minion life on it then you can swap the gem for Fortify Support or Raise Spectre. More info on spectres later.

Main Auras (chest): Anger, Haste, Hatred, Wrath.

Extra info:
Spoiler
only 4? Yes. At the start of a league you will not have access to level 3 or 4 enlighten/empower or enough fossils/good elder/shaper base items to craft good reduced mana reservation gear. You can put a level 1 clarity in there for Commander of Darkness and maybe a portal gem if you don't like using scrolls.

Extra stuff 1(Gloves/Boots) Spirit Offering, Punishment, Increased Duration Faster Casting.

Extra info:
Spoiler
Out of the offerings, Spirit Offering gives the most damage, as well as some nice ES for your minons.

Extra stuff 2(Gloves/Boots) Purity of Elements, Flame Dash, Desecrate, Faster Casting.

Extra info:
Spoiler
You need to have at least one aura affecting you for the Commander of Darkness Ascendancy passive buff and you will probably need extra resistances so Purity of Elements is perfect.

Rich boi Gem setup:

Spoiler

Skeletons (Queen's Escape): (in order) Vaal Summon Skeleton, Minion Damage, Ruthless, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Maim.

Extra info:
Spoiler
You do not need melee splash! This just reduces the damage and forces you do gem swap for bosses which is annoying. The fact that the skeletons have ~200% increased movement speed means they close the distance to enemies really fast and then multistrike lets them kill up to 3 enemies each. A lot of the clear speed actually comes from zombie/stone golem slams and from the phantasms

Other minions (Helmet): Raise Zombie, Summon Stone Golem, Raise Spectre, Summon Phantasm on Kill.

Main Auras (chest): Anger, Haste, Hatred, Wrath, Clarity, Empower.

Extra info:
Spoiler
Clarity is only needed if you are using spectres that use high cost abilities. Can swap it for Enlighten or whatever you want.

Extra stuff 1(Gloves/Boots) Spirit Offering, Punishment, Increased Duration, Desecrate.

Extra info:
Spoiler
Out of the offerings, Spirit Offering gives the most damage, as well as some nice ES for your minons. Desecrate doesn't need to be linked.

Extra stuff 2(Gloves/Boots) Purity of Elements, Discipline, Enlighten, Flame Dash.

Extra info:
Spoiler
You need to have at least one aura affecting you for the Commander of Darkness Ascendancy passive buff and you will probably need extra resistances so Purity of Elements is perfect. All the extra reservation reduction allows you to use Discipline for a huge ES buff. I only need a lvl 3 Enlighten, but just play around on PoB to see what you need.

Spectres:

Spoiler

If you are able to fit some spectres into the build, great. Which spectre you use depends on what you want, and whether you can run a high enough clarity.

Why is clarity so important?
Some spectres (Chieftains) use abilities that cost a lot of mana. Whenever they have enough mana they prioritise using the ability. A common method to make them spam stuff is to link them to blood magic. We have no room for that extra gem so that's where clarity comes in. Level it as high as possible. Go for at least level 15, otherwise you might want to rethink your spectre choice.

Because I have a high level clarity I use chieftains. 2 Host, and 2 Stygian Silverback ones for power and frenzy charges. These are the best ones if you want to boost your skeletons (at max charges my skeletons gain about 50% more damage).

Skill Tree:

Stats:

Spoiler

All dps numbers are vs shaper. This means that vs all normal content the numbers will be much higher.

11 skeletons, 12 at lvl 96:

These can do between 130k (5L) and 350k dps each

With each cast of the skill we get 5 of them so at least for a short time you can realistically put out well over 600k dps. If they survive long enough for you to get them all out then you can easily do over 1.5 million dps. That number is for the cheap version - with my current gear I can do almost 4 million dps!

Then there's the vaal version: 21 extra warriors, 9 archers, 5 mages and a general. OP AF.
One thing to note though, is that to be able to get all of the skeletons from the vaal version you have to use it before you summon any normal skeletons. This is because of the stupid 42 skeleton limit on vaal summon skeletons. If you already have 11 skeletons out, then vaal will only give you 31 extra instead of 40!

The other minions don't do very much damage compared to the skeletons. They provide a meat shield for you and help a lot with clear speed. The zombie/stone golem slams are nice and the phantasms they summon make the clear speed really good.

You can realistically get about 5k life and 1.5k energy shield for a total effective life pool of about 6.5k. If you can use discipline, this adds another 1k.
You get 10% physical damage reduction from your zombies and a tiny bit of evasion.
Enemies are pretty much perma blinded/taunted so that adds a lot of extra defence.

Ascendancy:

Spoiler
In order: Invoker, Bone Sculptor, Commander of Darkness, Flesh Binder. Might need Commander of Darkness earlier if you need the resistances.
You can get Puppet Master instead of Flesh Binder if you want extra damage. I personally prefer the zombie slam cdr and the 10% phys dmg reduction.

Enchantments:

Spoiler
Helmet: Skeleton damage, Spirit Offering Phys as Chaos, Punishment effect are decent. Stone Golem buff effect is ok.

Boots: meh. Attack/spell dodge ones are ok. Life regen/movement speed are ok too.

Gloves: lul

Bandits:

Spoiler
Kill all.

Other builds:
I made 2 other guides in the past. They are outdated, but if anyone's interested I can refresh them a bit:

[3.3] Craiceann's Bleed Block Sunder Gladiator:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2167584

[3.3] Whispering Ice CI Quad Icestorm Totems
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931572

Last edited by boombrakka on Jan 13, 2019, 3:02:27 PM
Last bumped on Feb 6, 2019, 10:01:42 PM
reserved
How many skeltetons can attack a single target without blocking their path? does anybody know?
"
Quantemoq wrote:
How many skeltetons can attack a single target without blocking their path? does anybody know?

I'm not 100% sure but I have never noticed it happening so I assume that the skeleton size is so tiny that you can get them all around a target. Plus most bosses are fairly big. Even if it does happen, you have enough dps to not notice.

Looking at my shaper kill video, when I use vaal skeletons it seems like there might be blocking in the portal phase (around 6:22), though that might just be because of a change of position of enemies. After the portal phase they all seem to attack the shaper at the same time.
get rid of the auras, or go scion. necro is dead for non-summoners.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Jan 17, 2019, 6:30:03 PM
"
bvanharjr wrote:
necro is dead for non-summoners.

ok...

I take it you didn't actually read much or any of the actual stuff in the guide. But even the title should make it clear that this is not just an aurabot guide. I mean what part of "over 70 minions" makes this a non-summoner? :D

Sure necro is inferior compared to scion/guardian as a pure aurabot, but this build is all about boosting minions. This build is in no way the best skeleton summoner, if there even is such a thing, and is just another build.
"
boombrakka wrote:
reserved

Hi!

Which Pantheon Gods do you use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info