[3.3] Craiceann's Bleed Block Sunder Gladiator

Introduction:

Since finding out about the Craiceann's armour set in Bestiary I really wanted to make a build with it. Because it links physical damage reduction with block I decided to go Gladiator and ended up trying to make a character that pretty much couldn't die.

This build is fairly expensive (roughly 10ex minimum).

Skill Tree:

https://pastebin.com/MVjG7V0w

Videos:

T11 Elder fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua8D49j9R1c

Atziri run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-x8dapaKc&feature=youtu.be

Pros/Cons:

+Very tanky - hard to die even if you try to
+Bleed explosions are fun
+Fairly decent clear speed
+Can do all map mods though things like block reduction and anti-bleed are annoying
+Can easily maim and blind bosses giving even more defence
+Immune to bleed and stun
+Decent at pvp if anyone cares about that (will try HoG soon and see if i can do it)
+Armour and weapon look great so you don't need so many mtx to look cool
+CRABS
+Can impress noobs by spamming the crab aura in their hideouts :)

-Expensive gear; needs a few ex to get going
-DoT can be dangerous if you ignore your health bar but is otherwise irrelevant
-Very slow vs bosses
-Fairly low max life compared to typical builds (not that it matters)

Items:

Spoiler

Required:

With these three items you have bleed and stun immunity, minimum 20% physical damage reduction up to 30%, some extra block chance to help cap and save some passives, and some extra spell block.

This item is OP get it if you can. The life gained on block is insanely good. Check prices of The Anticipation and use a blessing on it(might be cheaper)

Strongly Recommended:

The Anvil gives a bunch of very useful stats. Firstly it increased the block chance cap from 75 to 78 which effectively means blocking 12% more hits (if 25% would get through normally, now only 22% would which is a 12% decrease). The 8% block chance helps get max block and the mana on block means you never run out of mana. The 10% reduced attack speed is pretty much irrelevant because we already have a slow attack speed so the difference is hardly noticeable. The +1 curse corruption is not necessary but nice to have and not really that expensive compared to some of the other items.

Callinellus Malleus has almost unbeatable single hit damage. If you have a lot of exalts you can go for something else, though the reduced stun threshold is nice and chill is not bad too.

Rares:

Gloves and Rings: You will need some Dex and Int for gems. Other than that you need life and resistances and then phys dmg/attack speed if you can get it.

Belt: Life, armour and resistances

Alternatives:

Lioneye's Remorse is a great budget alternative for a shield wich gives a lot more life than The Surrender, but doesn't have the op life gained on block.

Flasks:

I'm lazy and don't really care about flasks most of the time. As long as you have something against freeze you are pretty much good to go. A decent recovery rate flask and a panic flask are enough most of the time. If you aren't a complete noob like me though then you probably also want something to counter ignite, maybe also shock and curses.

Jewels:

Life and block chance are nice, though once you have all block chance passives and items you can drop the block chance jewels for more damage if you want because Painforged and tempest shield will give 11% block when you take damage.

My Current Gear:

Gem Links:

Spoiler
Sunder(6l): Sunder, Chance to Bleed, Brutality, Melee Physical Damage, Maim, Ruthless.

Extra info:
Spoiler
Concentrated Effect could be used instead of Ruthless. Multistrike is not very effective because of the low base attack speed and it slows clear speed by forcing three attacks every time you attack.

Movement(3l) Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, Fortify.

Extra info:
Spoiler
Shield Charge is waaaay better than Leap Slam

Endurance Charges(in Surrender)(3l): Stun, Endurancce Charge on Melee Stun, Brutality.

Extra info:
Spoiler
If you don't have a Surrender for the free Reckoning you can either drop Brutality for it of drop Punishment. This will give you easy endurance charges while mapping, though its pretty useless vs bosses. I'm thinking of just using enduring cry in boss fights.

Curses(4l): Vengeance, Curse on Hit, Vulnerability, Punishment.

Extra info:
Spoiler
Stay close to bosses to curse them because vengeance doesn't have a very big AoE

CWDT setup(4l): Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1), Blood Rage (lvl 7), Tempest Shield (lvl 7), Increased Duration (lvl 20)

Extra info:
Spoiler
Take damage, gain damage and defences. Noice

last item (4l): Arctic Armour, Ancestral Protector, Summon Flame Golem, Portal or whatever you want.

Extra info:
Spoiler
With Crabs and Arctic Armour you reserve only 50% of your life. Instead of portal you could take vitality or go for enduring cry for bosses.

Stats:

Spoiler
At level 90: Sunder is about 100k normal down to about 60k shaper dps ignoring the shockwaves. Bleed is about 18k down to 12.5k shaper dps per bleed, so about 140k down to 100k once you reach full bleed stacks.

We have 20-30% phys dmg reduction from crabs, 4% from the passive tree, up to 24% from endurance charges and some more from roughly 20k armour. I will need a better way to get endurance charges for bosses but once I do, I will be at about 60-70% phys dmg reduction.

Ascendancy:

Spoiler
Pick Gladiator and get Blood in the Eyes, Gratuitous Violence, Painforged, Versatile Combatant.

Bandits:

Spoiler
Kill all.

Other build:

[3.3] Whispering Ice CI Quad Icestorm Totems:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931572

Last edited by boombrakka on Jun 16, 2018, 9:03:47 AM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2018, 1:23:37 AM
I'm currently using your build, great at map clearing.
But what Pantheons are recommended?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info