[3.10] Ice Golem Golemancer Build -DELIRIUM-BALANCED- ALL CONTENT -Everything Dies-Huge Damage

I have a question about MOM calculation. They says i need 430 unreserved mana per 1000 life to MOM works? What if i don't meet these requirements? Do my mom works worse or what? Additionaly i am using ring with 6% dmg taken gained as mana, do these modifier has some influence on final MOM calculation?

Life: 5287
Unreserved mana: 1493
"
Ventori wrote:
I have a question about MOM calculation. They says i need 430 unreserved mana per 1000 life to MOM works? What if i don't meet these requirements? Do my mom works worse or what? Additionaly i am using ring with 6% dmg taken gained as mana, do these modifier has some influence on final MOM calculation?

Life: 5287
Unreserved mana: 1493

Of course it works, it just about efficiency.
So, lets imagine that we have your life and mana, and standard MOM of 30%. If you receive hit for 5k damage. It will deplete all your mana and 3.5k life, leaving you with 1.8k life. That means that if you take more damage - MoM don't work anymore because you don't have mana, so you kind of wasting some of the EHP potential. At the same time, if your manapool way too big (bigger than 43% of your life, [0.3/0.7=0.43]), then you will still have mana left, when you already dead... so technically you should have used skillpoint to boost your life instead of mana, to keep them in balance.
So, manapool being 43% of your life pool is sweet spot of single hit/burst damage mitigation, if we won't bring out regeneration ratios, of course.

P.S. Those rings don't really have much influence if we are talking about burst damage, which is gonna be the most probable reason of death. It just a good way to maintain mana regen against sustainable damage
Last edited by Med1umentor on Oct 19, 2019, 4:03:41 PM
I have been going through some of the post and I see all this talk about a 2h version.

There are so many pages to go through and I did not see it mentioned on the main page. Did I completely miss something or was there more information in a post I skimmed over.

If someone could direct me to that page or a POB link that would be fantastic. Currently running the standard claysharper/shield and I got intrigued by the 2h with more defensive chest.

Thanks
"
redmatrix wrote:
I have been going through some of the post and I see all this talk about a 2h version.

There are so many pages to go through and I did not see it mentioned on the main page. Did I completely miss something or was there more information in a post I skimmed over.

If someone could direct me to that page or a POB link that would be fantastic. Currently running the standard claysharper/shield and I got intrigued by the 2h with more defensive chest.

Thanks

Yeah, author still didn't add that due to lack of time, but 2h version is far superior choice in both damage and cost, and even in defence too (unless you are using shield without NA).
Long story short, you need shaper base 2h mace with +1 to socketed gems and "supported by lvl # maim". Then you multimod it, and add +2 to support gems, minion attack/cast speed and minion damage/life (or pure minion damage).

If you want example - look at character of zZDeathAngelZz, he posted something couple of pages ago.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Oct 21, 2019, 3:32:37 AM
"
redmatrix wrote:

Thanks

Will cost a lot to craft it, however. I made two of them so far, one I lost in the temple, poofed trying to get lucky.

The way I did it was to buy a base ilvl86 + shaped coronal maul (either linked or not depending on your resources), buy 1k worth of alts, and then get +1 to gems and + level 20 maim (lvl 18 is fine), then regal and then annul whatever you get from the regal. Failing the annul happens and sucks, you just scour and start over (why you have 1k alts). Then, once you have the rare mace with the two stats you just multimod. Flat 2ex to add multimod, then another 2ex to add +2 support, then add the minion damage and attack speed or whatever else. This brings your ice golems up to level 28 and frees up your chest. It is a fun craft, just be ready to spend around 7ex if you don't have a 6 linked base (3-4ex to buy a 6 linked base +4ex to craft).

Working on this I have all of the crafting unlocked if you need any help - free ofc.

When you are done, if you have the balls at this point, toss it into the temple corruption chamber and get something godly like fortification - or you can always try to annul off the multimod.
🐢
Last edited by Koheleth on Oct 22, 2019, 1:16:10 AM
"
Koheleth wrote:
"
redmatrix wrote:

Thanks

Will cost a lot to craft it, however. I made two of them so far, one I lost in the temple, poofed trying to get lucky.

The way I did it was to buy a base ilvl86 + shaped coronal maul (either linked or not depending on your resources), buy 1k worth of alts, and then get +1 to gems and + level 20 maim (lvl 18 is fine), then regal and then annul whatever you get from the regal. Failing the annul happens and sucks, you just scour and start over (why you have 1k alts). Then, once you have the rare mace with the two stats you just multimod. Flat 2ex to add multimod, then another 2ex to add +2 support, then add the minion damage and attack speed or whatever else. This brings your ice golems up to level 28 and frees up your chest. It is a fun craft, just be ready to spend around 7ex if you don't have a 6 linked base (3-4ex to buy a 6 linked base +4ex to craft).

Working on this I have all of the crafting unlocked if you need any help - free ofc.

When you are done, if you have the balls at this point, toss it into the temple corruption chamber and get something godly like fortification - or you can always try to annul off the multimod.

I would like to add some advance technique advice. ilvl86 shaped 2h mace is overkill. The thing is that +1 socketed gems need only ilvl 50, and maim 20 lvl need ilvl 75 (ilvl 68, if you are ok with maim 18 lvl). So using ilvl 75 weapon will cut all mods that 76 lvl or higher, raising our chances to roll the mods that we are actually need.

But it can be argued, if you are really good at understanding what you can sell or not, you usually can sell "failed" craft, that still cost a lot of money, just for a different build. In that case - sure, 86 ilvl is way to go.
"
Med1umentor wrote:
ilvl86 shaped 2h mace is overkill. The thing is that +1 socketed gems need only ilvl 50, and maim 20 lvl need ilvl 75 (ilvl 68, if you are ok with maim 18 lvl). So using ilvl 75 weapon will cut all mods that 76 lvl or higher, raising our chances to roll the mods that we are actually need.

Ideally you want a base of ilvl 75-82. This rules out the unwanted "Adds # to # Chaos Damage" prefix (ilvl 83+) and the Shaped suffix "+1 to Maximum Endurance Charges" (which is insanely rare and requires ilvl 84+). Other than that higher ilvl doen't matter as the type of mod is determined first and then its tier, i.e. just because you cannot roll "Merciless" doesn't mean you will not get "# % increased Physical Damage."
Last edited by tomay on Oct 22, 2019, 7:57:44 AM
Well I tried many ways to changed my tree, acrobatics, more life, ... but I couldn't keep delving further. Either I was one shot because the golems do not have enough dps, or they died by 2-3 hits from those bastard monsters. I had to stop at 1270, lacking behind the spectre necro, look like having multi minions for meat shield is better defense.

Now I need to wait for new patch notes and find a new build.
Last edited by cutiechuchu on Oct 22, 2019, 8:47:44 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
ilvl86 shaped 2h mace is overkill. The thing is that +1 socketed gems need only ilvl 50, and maim 20 lvl need ilvl 75 (ilvl 68, if you are ok with maim 18 lvl). So using ilvl 75 weapon will cut all mods that 76 lvl or higher, raising our chances to roll the mods that we are actually need.

Ideally you want a base of ilvl 75-82. This rules out the unwanted "Adds # to # Chaos Damage" prefix (ilvl 83+) and the Shaped suffix "+1 to Maximum Endurance Charges" (which is insanely rare and requires ilvl 84+). Other than that higher ilvl doen't matter as the type of mod is determined first and then its tier, i.e. just because you cannot roll "Merciless" doesn't mean you will not get "# % increased Physical Damage."

Yeah, i thought that too. Wasn't sure, but quite expected.
Nevertheless, while crafting my own thing, i noticed "+1 to maximum endurance charges" (mostly because i didn't knew that it can be rolled on weapon), and then checked that it's ilvl 84.
So i kind of thought that i shouldn't be wrong either way.

P.S. By the way, are you sure that it works that way? Because in all of the information that i acquired - it always just "spawn weight" number of specific mods, but never "spawn weight" of the type of mod.
In other words - if item rolling the type of mod first, how it supposed to know which type is more likely to occur (obviously, things like maim is more rare, etc).
From what i can see - it rolls mods one by one out of entire pool, based on "spawn weight", and if it rolls one of the specific type - it exclude that entire type for all further rolls.
That's why you will see "increased physical damage" much more frequent than "supported by maim", despite the fact that both have spawn weight of 1000.

P.P.S. And i just calculated the average number of alts needed to get combination of maim and +1 gems on ilvl 75 item, and on ilvl 86.
For ilvl 75 it is 1540 alterations.
For ilvl 86 it is 1710 alterations.
[Whoops, made a mistake in first calculations, now should be good, but difference now looks not so great, but still the difference :)]
Last edited by Med1umentor on Oct 22, 2019, 3:07:49 PM
[/quote]P.P.S. And i just calculated the average number of alts needed to get combination of maim and +1 gems on ilvl 75 item, and on ilvl 86.
For ilvl 75 it is 1540 alterations.
For ilvl 86 it is 1710 alterations.
[Whoops, made a mistake in first calculations, now should be good, but difference now looks not so great, but still the difference :)][/quote]

Wow, this seems super high - or else I got very lucky! I hit maim and +1 gems 5 or 6 times and had to go by more annuls after failing a bunch. I spent an ex and bought 1200 alterations and ended up making 2 maces with 900 left over! Got back to 1,000 and just sold them all for the ex back.

Anytime I hit either +1 gems or maim I would aug - even if the aug failed I would regal, maximizing my chances to hit both.
🐢

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info