Can Labyrinth be reworked so it's not game endingly bad?

"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
demon9675 wrote:
We need to have to work for our ascendancy points. But lab need not be the only method of getting them.

wanna write a narrative thats gonna fit to current lore of the game and make sense at the same time? go for it.
dont delete current lab system and make it as alternative. i am waiting.

I'll do it.

Once upon a time, I used the map device for the first time. I saw a shiny box. I picked it up and it had ascension points in it. I absorbed them and they made me powerful.

The End.
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
demon9675 wrote:
We need to have to work for our ascendancy points. But lab need not be the only method of getting them.

wanna write a narrative thats gonna fit to current lore of the game and make sense at the same time? go for it.

I'll do it.

Once upon a time, I used the map device for the first time. I saw a shiny box. I picked it up and it had ascension points in it. I absorbed them and they made me powerful.

The End.

love it. start the coding. we implement this in next update.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Lmao more losers complaining about lab :D get good noobs
"
AldarisGrave wrote:
Don't know if anyone else would agree but losing 30 minutes of gameplay while two of the boss fight phases in due to an broken hit box on an environmental hazard isn't fun, or rewarding...rather it's fun killing. So far i've only had one character, my arc witch get past the first lab and it's getting to the point where i just want to uninstall the game.

Could we at least be able to teleport back in at the zone after the last boss phase we just fought?

Lulz, broken hitbox. That's a new one.

Play an easier class until you are ready to ascend with a harder squishy class like witch.

By no means do I find lab to be overtly difficult. Yet I am a simple man, who enjoys killing mobs. In my opinion, puzzles or traps don't fit well into this game. As always, it is however a matter of taste.

'Working for your ascendancy points'?

That is so wrong. I rather play a video game than work in it. Anyways, it's not a big deal as such, because you need to run it only a few times per character. Perhaps only problem is the enchants in SSF because it requires grinding said content... which is why I haven't bothered to get any enchants on my gear. :(

I'd rather grind beach map for enchants with the same time investment. You know, like, grinding is fine but it should feel like fun to the player.
Last edited by vmt80 on Jan 10, 2019, 8:01:37 PM
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
demon9675 wrote:

Nah I like lab, just saying nothing’s written in stone and there’s no reason it “has to” be the only way to get our points.

Also as a general rule the burden isn’t on the player to always have a fully functioning/tested solution when they complain about something. Sometimes even feedback as basic as “I don’t like X” can be at least somewhat useful for devs. So my answer to the question “what would you do instead?” can in fact be “idk.”
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
demon9675 wrote:

I bet many of the people QQing about lab would QQ for any other way as long as it is equally challenging and can't be completely bought straigth away.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
AldarisGrave wrote:
Don't know if anyone else would agree but losing 30 minutes of gameplay while two of the boss fight phases in due to an broken hit box on an environmental hazard isn't fun, or rewarding...rather it's fun killing. So far i've only had one character, my arc witch get past the first lab and it's getting to the point where i just want to uninstall the game.

Could we at least be able to teleport back in at the zone after the last boss phase we just fought?

Would you be ok with a checkpoint just before or after every izaro phase?
That has been suggested many times over the years to no avail.
As long as its a requirement to complete its always going to be the albatross around ggg's neck.
"
Fruz wrote:
I bet many of the people QQing about lab would QQ for any other way as long as it is equally challenging and can't be completely bought straigth away.
Maybe. But this is the same "many" as in many people dislike the Lab. We don't know the ration of those players in the playerbase.

If they did offer an alternative it would certainly look as though Fruz was right.
There will always be complaints about content that you feel forced to do. I'd still bet that the complaints wouldn't come from the same people complaining about Lab now.
Not that I can't imagine them offering an alternative that I'd complain about. ;)
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info