The Harpyon Armour Set

Weak.
Wow, color me disappointed. I stumbled upon this set on poedb while looking for unique item 3D art about a week ago and was intrigued because I had never seen it before. I was even going to make a post here asking about it but got busy with work and it slipped my mind.

I assumed it was an upcoming datamined MTX and despite the colors looking a little flat and muted in the pictures, I still was excited to see what the unique blend of colors on the armor would look like in game. I was hoping they would really pop and shine and maybe even have a swirling or shifting effect. I was picturing something similar to the look of the Shadowstalker Wings but incorporated into an armor set (and less intense). Not at all the case, sadly.

Unfortunately it has turned out to look exactly like the pictures online (or even worse than the pics) which is a bummer because I was really excited for this one. Looks like I can hold off on buying that next supporter pack a bit longer.

Here is a link to the poedb page I saw if anyone is interested in the datamined pictures, just search Harpyon on the page to find it. https://poedb.tw/us/item.php?cn=Microtransaction You can kinda see what I'm talking about in the boot and glove pics.

Though I doubt anyone cares about the datamined pics now that the set is actually out, there is some other cool stuff on that page too that we might be seeing soon if you give it a scroll.

P.S. Are we ever going to get Ivory Chaos Wings to go with the set on sale today? Weird that we have everything for the set but those...

P.P.S. Upon closer inspection, you guys have definitely changed this set for the worse, I mean why did you change the helmet? Even the pictures on this very site show a slightly different (and better) helm and more vibrant colors on the armor...what the hell happened???

Last edited by VigilanteCat on Jan 10, 2019, 1:13:08 AM
The armour doesn't really match the mask. I feel like this is a miss considering how good the other armour sets have been lately.
Give helmet 10% chance for monsters flee or laugh and people buy it ;)
Eww, no, just no
lol this is sad!
SC legues V
Love it! As a standalone armour it doesn't seem like much, but the MTX game is all about combining. Simple armour allows for fancy effects! The helmet is a bit strange at first but I can see it working with the Sin & Innocence head decoration for example.

Ps: Please add an extra "head" slot in the amulet mtx slot, or maybe a "face" one. I often find myself wanting to add another head decoration but am limited to one. It's the main reason why I don't own many of the old helmet effects like divine sign and phoenix sign, but would definitely love to combine them with existing stuff
Damn.... i love theme of this game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info