[3.5] Cyclone - Cast on Crit - Dark Pact - Occultist [3 mil DPS] [7k MoM]

Well, I also love CJ and I pair it with inc. AoE support for map clears.
It just feels much more satisfying.

And Urn is amazing, can carry through no leech + no regen maps. But with crit chance affix should be better.

It's weird you are not using Blood Rage (your ES is pretty much non-existant), it's a notable boost to clearspeed and damage.

Also you can go for attack speed corruption or other useful corruption on Shaper Ring, cuz well... elemental damage prefix, who needs that? ;)

Overall, solid concept, should develop in maybe more in-depth guide?)
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Started this build up earlier today and it's feeling really solid. The clear is amazing, with all the chaos damage scaling, Profane Bloom one taps almost every pack in high tier maps, feels really safe while clearing.

Bosses and Syndicate can be pretty dicey. If they have large AoE, it's really difficult to keep your Skeletons alive and you can quickly kill yourself if you aren't careful. Granted, if everything lines up well, the single target can be pretty absurd.

I would make a few changes. First, using a Warlord's Mark ring is certainly the way to go as it gives you a lot more EHP. Also I would swap out the phasing flask for a Life Flask or some other utility flask as the phasing isn't too useful. Also Bloodrage is a huge help to the clear speed and survivability as it allows you to reliably proc the Arakaali pantheon. And using a flask with the Syndicate crit suffix makes it extremely easy to hit over 90% crit chance.
"
zoNiklv wrote:
Well, I also love CJ and I pair it with inc. AoE support for map clears.
It just feels much more satisfying.

And Urn is amazing, can carry through no leech + no regen maps. But with crit chance affix should be better.

It's weird you are not using Blood Rage (your ES is pretty much non-existant), it's a notable boost to clearspeed and damage.

Also you can go for attack speed corruption or other useful corruption on Shaper Ring, cuz well... elemental damage prefix, who needs that? ;)

Overall, solid concept, should develop in maybe more in-depth guide?)

What other information would you like me to include?
"
Chazua wrote:
Started this build up earlier today and it's feeling really solid. The clear is amazing, with all the chaos damage scaling, Profane Bloom one taps almost every pack in high tier maps, feels really safe while clearing.

Bosses and Syndicate can be pretty dicey. If they have large AoE, it's really difficult to keep your Skeletons alive and you can quickly kill yourself if you aren't careful. Granted, if everything lines up well, the single target can be pretty absurd.

I would make a few changes. First, using a Warlord's Mark ring is certainly the way to go as it gives you a lot more EHP. Also I would swap out the phasing flask for a Life Flask or some other utility flask as the phasing isn't too useful. Also Bloodrage is a huge help to the clear speed and survivability as it allows you to reliably proc the Arakaali pantheon. And using a flask with the Syndicate crit suffix makes it extremely easy to hit over 90% crit chance.

Good suggestions, I will make changes when I have time
Hmm, am not really sure what to think. I levelled a brand new char just to try this build out, but there is something with the feeling that doesn't amuse me when playing it. Single target can be a bit tricky, but I often also end up in packs without getting any coc procs. The gems are still in levelling progress and miss +20 qual etc, so ofc crit chance and other stuff will get better, but compared to your other build utilizing lance of steel it worked way much smoother earlier. I found it easier to create crit trains with that build.

I am pretty sure this build delivers aswell, but requires a bit more of work before it starts to shine. However it is also down to playstyle and what you like and I somehow am not to fancy about cyclone. Mainly during some boss mechanics where you want to be able to move away pretty quickly if you cannot facetank it and you don't wanna end up in that slight little delay of spinning.

That said, it's a great effect and feel when you get the "corpse explosions" with dark pact and the profane bloom procs.
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
Hmm, am not really sure what to think. I levelled a brand new char just to try this build out, but there is something with the feeling that doesn't amuse me when playing it. Single target can be a bit tricky, but I often also end up in packs without getting any coc procs. The gems are still in levelling progress and miss +20 qual etc, so ofc crit chance and other stuff will get better, but compared to your other build utilizing lance of steel it worked way much smoother earlier. I found it easier to create crit trains with that build.

I am pretty sure this build delivers aswell, but requires a bit more of work before it starts to shine. However it is also down to playstyle and what you like and I somehow am not to fancy about cyclone. Mainly during some boss mechanics where you want to be able to move away pretty quickly if you cannot facetank it and you don't wanna end up in that slight little delay of spinning.

That said, it's a great effect and feel when you get the "corpse explosions" with dark pact and the profane bloom procs.

Yes, your problem is just a matter of crit chance, getting the new flask with veiled mod which increases crit chance as other people have pointed out would probably help.

it's a pretty common theme that melee skills (including cyclone) just plain suck for boss fights
Just how the game has been for years. I guess we gotta play around mechanics and be more careful when we choose to go in for dps rather than the easy playstyle of range builds.
I have been struggling with my survivability with this build, Can anyone check whats wrong? Here is my build https://pastebin.com/Laa9nQEz
"
Redavish wrote:
I have been struggling with my survivability with this build, Can anyone check whats wrong? Here is my build https://pastebin.com/Laa9nQEz

a few life nodes you havent allocated.
needs life on shield/amulet
a few mana stats on items wouldn't be too bad either
And Also My life recovers very slow and yours is super high, How Do I make that happen?
"
Redavish wrote:
And Also My life recovers very slow and yours is super high, How Do I make that happen?

If you have warlords mark on enemies you should be fine with leech. Just check if your poachers mark ring is interrupting it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info