[3.10] Spidermancer | Arakaali's Fang Necromancer | Everything dead in 3ex | Level 100 reached

Hi mate! is the Skill Tree updated for 3.6? Thanks!
Thanks for this great guide, after only 1 week of gameplay I managed to kill uber elder first time in my life.
Spoiler
Great build and great work! Just love my little spiders.
Hope it wont get nerfed gonna play it next league for sure also!
Also how does EE work in this build?
Tnx for the fun
Last edited by Abraxas1991 on May 7, 2019, 12:16:58 PM
Overall it's a really really nice build, but i have problems with reliably summoning spiders.

My other minions (spectres for example) keep killing the stupid worms, and then no spiders spawn, I experimented a bit with adding skeletons, too, which is even worse, they kill the worms and nothing spawns.

Additionally

[...]
This helmet has the unique line "Minions' Hits Can Only Kill Ignited Enemies". Because we don't ignite it forces mobs to die from the poison DoT. When a mob dies to the poison DoT it counts as your kill and will summon spiders. This lets you only have to summon spiders once at the beginning of the map.
[...]

this doesn't seem to work either. Even if I successfully raise 20 spiders at the beginning of a map, they die off after a while and don't regen/respawn.

Could anybody maybe give me a hint of what I must do to reliably, quickly and easily spawn new spiders ?

best regards,
theebie
"
theebie wrote:
Overall it's a really really nice build, but i have problems with reliably summoning spiders.

My other minions (spectres for example) keep killing the stupid worms, and then no spiders spawn, I experimented a bit with adding skeletons, too, which is even worse, they kill the worms and nothing spawns.

Additionally

[...]
This helmet has the unique line "Minions' Hits Can Only Kill Ignited Enemies". Because we don't ignite it forces mobs to die from the poison DoT. When a mob dies to the poison DoT it counts as your kill and will summon spiders. This lets you only have to summon spiders once at the beginning of the map.
[...]

this doesn't seem to work either. Even if I successfully raise 20 spiders at the beginning of a map, they die off after a while and don't regen/respawn.

Could anybody maybe give me a hint of what I must do to reliably, quickly and easily spawn new spiders ?

best regards,
theebie

Hey, the best thing I do. Is when I feel like they are about to de spawn, or when im about to enter a boss room or something. Ill do a quick weapon swap then swap back. This despawns any spiders I currently have. Then ill toss down desecrate and orb of storm or whatever then use my flask. Seems to work for me.
that doesn't work too well.

i'm trying to mix with spectre+skeleton+animated-guardian for more firepower (which works okay), but:

problem-a is that with that many minions it's hard to see if your spiders are even still there and

problem-b is that with skels+spectre+guardian around you have like no chance at all to repop spiders by doing desecrate-then-orb-then-pop-flask
"
theebie wrote:
that doesn't work too well.

i'm trying to mix with spectre+skeleton+animated-guardian for more firepower (which works okay), but:

problem-a is that with that many minions it's hard to see if your spiders are even still there and

problem-b is that with skels+spectre+guardian around you have like no chance at all to repop spiders by doing desecrate-then-orb-then-pop-flask

I can help with that. Made a video on how to summon and how phase run looks like on a minotaur map. Note that once I have no spiders in a middle of a pack o) You can monitor them in buffs corner.

How to summon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ggT5PHCrTI

1) I am using Shock Nova to kill worms - I have found it much more reliable for this. May be because it deals damage two times (can't see it but skill states that).
2) Minions follows your attacks. And desecrate is an attack too. Watch that video I've made - cast desecrate aside and you will have a much grater chance to kill the worms.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Also one important thing <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

In that video I have two flasks - one with 17% reduced charges used and other 18%. And I have no reduced flask charges on a belt. 17% flask can be used twice and 18% trice. And it is way harder to find a good belt with flask charges + life + res than 18% worm flask.
Last edited by LordOmni on May 8, 2019, 6:42:03 PM
"
Abraxas1991 wrote:

Also how does EE work in this build?

After switching to chaos gems it does not o) And it requires you to hit your target with whirling blades or shield charge, and have some elemental damage on a ring or elsewhere. To me it just has no sense to lower spiders dps by switching to cold gems, spend one more point in a tree, changing some useful mod on a ring to elemental damage and trying to hit as much mobs with an attack as you can just to get spiders dps back o) Viper Strike that spiders uses is chaos skill and poison it inflicts is chaos, so chaos curse, chaos aura and chaos wither are natural way to go. 10 seconds to kill Minotaur without Despair curse flask charges is good enough o)

"
mrdimmak wrote:
Hey guys, this build is looking mighty attractive. Im just wondering how good are the defensives on this build?

My T16 for this league in post above.
Def of this build for me is:
0) Three spectres and animate guardian to take attention from you. Mino guardian was ignoring me.
1) Spirit offering CWDT that affects you - each shield gain adds on top of what you have even if that was gained by previous SO proc.
2) Immortal call CWDT.
3) Convocation in CWDT setup. Things that dare to hit you faces your army in the next second.
4) The Devouring Diadem. I can not count how many times it saved my life. Seriously. It is so good that other helmets should not be mentioned in this guide o) Every 5 second it gives you full HP and ES, and 8k EHP is enough to survive all except intended oneshots. And I am lazy to track whats going on to avoid that o) For example abyssal crawler rare mob that lurks in invisibility and targets only you on a map with mob crit mods can take ~80% of your hp when popping from invis, but boom and you are already at full HP without even having time to use a flask.
5) You are moving. Constantly. And I am using phaserun - mobs are slow to react to my presence. Note on a video how I am running through packs without being hit (except syndicate). Not using whirling blades or shield charge so can not tell anything about them.
6) Everything is slowed by aspect of the spider.
7) I am using two life flasks - one is worms and other is Blood of the Karui. Worms flask is instant health flask - use it as usual instant healing flask if needed. Second is thick HP regen flask with full hp on regen end proc.
8) Everything else mentioned in the first post o)
Last edited by LordOmni on May 8, 2019, 7:29:14 PM
Thanks a lot LordOmni, I actually went ahead to play the build and am enjoying it quite a bit with your suggested changes. Definitely ramped up my defenses/clear and Qotl.
Hey how did you add charges (Power/Frenzy) to minions in PoB? I've spent hours and cannot for the life of me find it. I just want to see my own build's DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info